U.S. on brink of greatest Depression of all time

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
8-24-2012

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/23/why-are-on-brink-greatest-depression-all-time/

We are on the brink of the greatest Depression of all time

Everywhere from FoxNews.com to CNBC.com, I suddenly see commentators warning of pending doom, economic collapse, and a new Great Depression.

This time the results are going to be dramatically worse than 1929. This time we are facing The Greatest Depression ever.

Protected by their unions and the politicians they elect, government employees are bankrupting America. In Illinois there are retired government employees making over $425,000 per year
external-link.png

No one could have imagined any of this in 1929. There is no possible way to pay these bills moving forward.

Now soldiers are in on the act. Are you aware 45% of returning vets are claiming "disability"
external-link.png
-- a number that dwarfs all prior records in the history of warfare. No nation can afford this.

The economy is crumbling. The situation is turning more hopeless by the hour.

Like so many other great empires of history, America may never recover from this Greatest Depression of All Time.

Sep 7, 2009
First

Edit: Damn, you beat me :-(

This is dumbass politics, nothing more. So sick of the impending doom, used by both sides at they feel is "opportune" moments.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
We're gonna have a compression, vote for the economy guys! lmfao We've been in a depression since the 08 crash, the right just would never admit it and the media held it up so that they could get them back into office quicker.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Fox News or not, and regardless of who's at fault, I can't shake the feeling like there's a very big looming economic cataclysm.

Malfeas

Apr 27, 2005
While I do like the idea of a pension for retirement over a cash payout, these pension levels are absurd and ultimately unsustainable.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Fox News or not, and regardless of who's at fault, I can't shake the feeling like there's a very big looming economic cataclysm.

It's just typical doomsday BS. By this time gas was supposed to be $7/Gallon, unemployment was supposed to be 20% and we were supposed to be in the streets rioting. Why these people continue to get credence I have no idea.

Franz316

Sep 12, 2000
It is a little over dramatic but things obviously can't go on as they have.

If you keep up with real subtle economic data and not the fluffy stuff the mainstream media puts out then you'll see that there are a plenty of signs of problems ahead. Sites like Zerohedge keep a close eye on the real economic conditions currently in the world and things are anything but rosy. For people that don't keep up with the real data, it will come as a shock when things go downhill fast, but not to those who have been watching.

I think it will be more of a slow decline than one dramatic moment. The world is essentially broke and you can only delay the inevitable for so long.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
He quoted Fox News? Someone must have hijacked his account.

I give up. I've come to the conclusion that Dave blames his loser life on whoever is president. So he collects information for affirmation of his life status.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003

You are not alone.

I feel that with all those years with hard work and saving money...ie..living below my mean were for nothing. The idiots and bums that spent and spent and had a blast are the smart ones it seems.

Rastus

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
You are not alone.

I feel that with all those years with hard work and saving money...ie..living below my mean were for nothing. The idiots and bums that spent and spent and had a blast are the smart ones it seems.

The worst of it is, when you have the only money left because you saved, they government will take it away from you. That's why Willie Sutton robbed banks.

When Nancy Pelosi became speaker, one of the first things she said was to get all the 401 K's. People seem to have forgotten that though.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Hey, i just met you, and this is crazy....
Here's my account number, so rob me maybe...

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I give up. I've come to the conclusion that Dave blames his loser life on whoever is president. So he collects information for affirmation of his life status.

I disagree. He blames republicans and corporations. He embraces government even though it was that institution which ruined his life. Cause and effect aren't clear to some.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002

Poor Dave is just a little slow and sad. Honestly don't know why we just don't ban the turd. At least then we could ban their clones (Incorruptible, monovillage, etc.).

I like the deference to free speech, but it's a private forum, time to clean it up.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Oh I love this part:

Wayne Allyn Root is the author of "The Conscience of a Libertarian: Empowering the Citizen Revolution with God, Guns, Gold & Tax Cuts."

Cut taxes! Oh and bring down the debt! lulz

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Poor Dave is just a little slow and sad. Honestly don't know why we just don't ban the turd. At least then we could ban their clones (Incorruptible, monovillage, etc.).

I like the deference to free speech, but it's a private forum, time to clean it up.

The ignore function works really well, I would recommend it.