U.S. appeals court strikes down IL concealed-carry ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

DnetMHZ

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2001
It's essentially impossible to get a permit here in NJ, for all intents and purposes it's banned.

MaxPayne63

Dec 19, 2011
“If we need to change the law, let us at least craft a law that is very severely constrained and narrowly tailored so that we don’t invite guns out of control on each of our city’s streets,” Currie said. “I don’t want people out of control wandering the streets with guns that are out of control.”

So how many people have been murdered in Chicago this year?

etrigan420

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2007
It's essentially impossible to get a permit here in NJ, for all intents and purposes it's banned.

That's my thinking too...couldn't they just make Illinois a "may issue" state and then just *not* issue any CCW's? I think that's how Cali works too if I'm not mistaken.

I dunno, makes me grateful to live where I do.

DnetMHZ

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2001
“If we need to change the law, let us at least craft a law that is very severely constrained and narrowly tailored so that we don’t invite guns out of control on each of our city’s streets,” Currie said. “I don’t want people out of control wandering the streets with guns that are out of control.”

NUMBER OF HOMICIDES IN CHICAGO AS OF Dec. 10, 2012

Apr 17, 2003

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/jan/10/gun-crime-us-state

A little dated but it looks like IL is up there.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
NUMBER OF HOMICIDES IN CHICAGO AS OF Dec. 10, 2012

lil_jon_yeah11.jpg

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
find a way to get the southside of chicago working full time on a livable wage. only then you can control gun wounds. people are shooting eachother because they are broke and fighting for their lives. poverty promotes violence, period end of story. any other attempt to control guns is just turning your back on that community, and it wouldn't shock me if thats whats going on because this has been going on decades and decades and its only getting worse fast.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
find a way to get the southside of chicago working full time on a livable wage. only then you can control gun wounds. people are shooting eachother because they are broke and fighting for their lives. poverty promotes violence, period end of story. any other attempt to control guns is just turning your back on that community, and it wouldn't shock me if thats whats going on because this has been going on decades and decades and its only getting worse fast.

Yes. But the problem is, no meaningful businesses are going to invest here because of the quality of work. Businesses need workers who actually show up, everyday, and actually do the work they're supposed to, correctly, for at least months on end before having one problem.

Perfect Example: When I did my little summer stint at Ford, I sat in an air conditioned class for a week, listening to my fellow South Siders state emphatically that they needed this Monday/Friday job (that is, a full day on Monday, off for 3 days, a full day on Friday), theys babays needed clothes, shoes, whatever, theys was behind on their rent, car payment, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

First day in: 'I wonder she's going?' "Yo girl, where youz goin?!" ""Gurl its beez too hotz in heah, I'm otta this mofo!""

That wasn't one person (doubled up on a job with another Monday/Friday no less), that was many of my class.

What's truly priceless: You absolutely know, they're using, and because of the system and themselves, abusing, all the social services they're getting.

In Short: The only people that can fix the SS of Chicago is the SS of Chicago and black (and now, hispanic) Leadership. And they only way they'll fix themselves is realizing what every other demographic knows when they're 10. Until that happens, nothing will change (no matter how much White Guilter and Bleeding Heart effort and money (from all of us) is spent.

Chuck

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003

I agree that lack of employment and education is the major cause of crime.
But since the government cant actually fix that they should at least give people the legal right to defend themselves. I'd actually be happy to give up my guns to live in a Utopian society. It would be a small price. But that will never happen in my lifetime.

unokitty

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2012
On the surface, Chicago law forbids conceal carry for you and I. But experience shows if you are a politician or otherwise have enough clout, you can get the paperwork to carry concealed. Take the example of the pro gun law machine politician Donne Trotter.

"Trotter, you see, is a big gun grabber, a virulent hater of the U.S. Constitution. He is one of the important co-sponsors of Democrat Governor Pat Quinn’s newest gun grabbing legislation… yet here Trotter is with a gun concealed in his luggage.

So, he’s another one of those creeps that want to take guns from you and me, but thinks he is smarter than the rest of us and deserves to have a gun when we shouldn’t be allowed to.

But let me tell you what this “security guard” job claim really is. It is simply a lie. Trotter is not now and has never been a “security guard.” What we are seeing is that All Points Security gave trotter a fake job so that the lawmaker could legally carry a gun in a state where he’s trying to make sure no one else is allowed to do the same.

This is a sham “job,” a political favor, arranged solely so that hypocrite Trotter can have a gun as he attempts to deny the rest of us the same legal right to carry.
It is no less than that."

From: Ill State Sen. Donne Trotter’s Fake ‘Security Guard’ Job

Anti-gun laws for the proletariat and perogatives for the politically well connected.

Makes me wonder what took me so long to leave...

Uno

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
On the surface, Chicago law forbids conceal carry for you and I. But experience shows if you are a politician or otherwise have enough clout, you can get the paperwork to carry concealed. Take the example of the pro gun law machine politician Donne Trotter.

"Trotter, you see, is a big gun grabber, a virulent hater of the U.S. Constitution. He is one of the important co-sponsors of Democrat Governor Pat Quinn’s newest gun grabbing legislation… yet here Trotter is with a gun concealed in his luggage.

So, he’s another one of those creeps that want to take guns from you and me, but thinks he is smarter than the rest of us and deserves to have a gun when we shouldn’t be allowed to.

But let me tell you what this “security guard” job claim really is. It is simply a lie. Trotter is not now and has never been a “security guard.” What we are seeing is that All Points Security gave trotter a fake job so that the lawmaker could legally carry a gun in a state where he’s trying to make sure no one else is allowed to do the same.

This is a sham “job,” a political favor, arranged solely so that hypocrite Trotter can have a gun as he attempts to deny the rest of us the same legal right to carry.
It is no less than that."

From: Ill State Sen. Donne Trotter’s Fake ‘Security Guard’ Job

Anti-gun laws for the proletariat and perogatives for the politically well connected.

Makes me wonder what took me so long to leave...

Uno

This times infinity. As soon as I heard that he's got a part time job as a "security guard" i knew exactly that that mother@#$@ is doing. You shouldn't have guns, but I should.

Status
Not open for further replies.