U.S. Announces Sanctions Against Iran

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
Originally posted by: Pabster
Originally posted by: Atomic Playboy
You don't seem to be against "Islamofascism" as you often claim; you are against the entire religion of Islam. If you weren't, you would never advocate the bombing of an entire populace to weed out a few bad apples. History has shown us that the absolute worst thing you can do to win the hearts and minds of anyone, anywhere, at any time, is attack them or their loved ones. Your proposal will create a whole new generation of radical "Islamofascists" from people who would be otherwise indifferent to the United States. Your goal is to turn average Muslims into Islamofascists to justify a crusade against those whose religion you fear. If it were anything else, you would realize the insanity of your plan.

I hate to break it to ya, but Islamofascism is on the rise. We're not talking about 1 or 2% of the Muslim population here, we're talking as much as 25%. It's a truly astonishing number of extremists with such deep hatred of "The West" they would stop at absolutely nothing in their quest of utter destruction. Your argument is the classic argument of a pacifist; Now is not the time for apathy and pacifism in the face of such a threat.

And I reject your notion that I'm "afraid" of Islam. I'm not a religious person and I could give two shits about ANY religion, much less one that advocates -- and uses -- violence to accomplish some end game.

Oh but you are a religious extremist. It's called nationalism.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Originally posted by: eits
uh, what came out of my mouth was that you were a fat fuck fascist. christ, you're dumb.

That's about all that ever comes out of your mouth. And you wonder why no one takes you seriously?

and you're a total fascist... everyone knows you are.

:roll:

you're right... whenever i talk to you, "you're a fat fuck fascist" is pretty much all that comes out of my mouth... because you are!

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: eits
you're right... whenever i talk to you, "you're a fat fuck fascist" is pretty much all that comes out of my mouth... because you are!

:lips: my (_)(_)

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Originally posted by: The Green Bean
Originally posted by: Nebor
Basically Narmer's argument is that the people of a nation choose their leaders, so they are responsible for their leaders choices to make war. Thus they are by proxy making war themselves, and are viable military targets.

So does that justifies the bombings of the WTC in your primitive ways of thinking?

Everyone considers the WTC an important landmark attack in the War on Terror. This is a different kind of war. We're all targets. We're not fighting a state (Well, a couple states ;) .)

So yeah, I'd say those guys were doing what they thought they needed to to win the war. Their strategy, however, is flawed.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Originally posted by: Narmer

Basically Narmer's argument is that the people of a nation choose their leaders, so they are responsible for their leaders choices to make war. Thus they are by proxy making war themselves, and are viable military targets.

That's not what I said. My thinking was in reference to democracies and only democracies. Individuals in non-democratic nations do not deserves such punishment. Such punishment should be reserved for the ruling class.

IIRC we were discussing Lebanon in that thread. Lebanon is a democratic country. Rain down nerve gas.

The Green Bean

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2003

So does that justifies the bombings of the WTC in your primitive ways of thinking?

Everyone considers the WTC an important landmark attack in the War on Terror. This is a different kind of war. We're all targets. We're not fighting a state (Well, a couple states ;) .)

So yeah, I'd say those guys were doing what they thought they needed to to win the war. Their strategy, however, is flawed.

Both your strategies are flawed and illegal. Illegal according to both American and Islamic law.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Both your strategies' are flawed and illegal. Illegal according to both American and Islamic law.

We don't follow "Islamic Law" here.

The Green Bean

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2003
Both your strategies' are flawed and illegal. Illegal according to both American and Islamic law.

We don't follow "Islamic Law" here.

I was referring to the respective sides of Nebor's war. You really are as daft as the others are saying.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
I was referring to the respective sides of Nebor's war. You really are as daft as the others are saying.

I realize that. The point still applies.

You are saying that the 9/11 hijackers actions were 'illegal' according to Islamic Law. Perhaps, but they (and many others) don't care. The law is twisted and subjugated to whatever means they feel justify the ends.

The Green Bean

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2003

I realize that. The point still applies.

You are saying that the 9/11 hijackers actions were 'illegal' according to Islamic Law. Perhaps, but they (and many others) don't care. The law is twisted and subjugated to whatever means they feel justify the ends.

The twisting of laws is strictly forbidden. There is only one law; all mutilations of it are illegal.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
The twisting of laws is strictly forbidden. There is only one law; all mutilations of it are illegal.

Chee, I'm sure glad the Islamofascists follow that premise!

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006
Originally posted by: Narmer

That's not what I said. My thinking was in reference to democracies and only democracies. Individuals in non-democratic nations do not deserves such punishment. Such punishment should be reserved for the ruling class.

IIRC we were discussing Lebanon in that thread. Lebanon is a democratic country. Rain down nerve gas.

OK. But don't misquote me.