U.S. Announces Sanctions Against Iran

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Originally posted by: Noobtastic

Iran does not have a history of promoting that mass murder of civilians.
In fact it is the Arabs that go around blowing themselves up. Even the arms shipment that Israel caught going to Palestine from Iran carried weapons to use against Israeli tanks and soldiers. There were no suicide vests. Hezbollah does not even promote the blowing up of buildings or markets.

Iran-Iraq war anybody? Hezbollah uses civilians has shields from enemy attack. Why do you think they station their military and headquarters within city gates?!

The Iranian's bankroll many Islamic terrorist organizations, some of which are ARAB.

Iraq started the Iran-Iraq War.
Why are you like the stupidest person posting on P&N? Is this an act or are you really this clueless?

Hezbollah uses civilians as shields? Is that your argument? You are pathetic.

The U.S bankrolls some terrorist organizations, some of which are ARAB. What is your point?

Noobtastic

Banned
Jul 9, 2005
Iraq started the Iran-Iraq War.

Irrelevant. You said Iran does not promote the mass murder of civilians, when in fact the armies of Iran targeted civilian populated areas in retaliation for Iraqi bombardments and attacks.

Why are you like the stupidest person posting on P&N? Is this an act or are you really this clueless?

Insults unrelated to topic isn't persuasive, and only adds to your inability to reason and think logically.

Hezbollah uses civilians as shields? Is that your argument? You are pathetic.

It is a fact, not an argument.

The U.S bankrolls some terrorist organizations, some of which are ARAB. What is your point?

Is that your argument? You are pathetic. :D

Western monies (including EUROPEAN STATES) used to buy oil from Saudi Arabia and other Islamic countries are the financial core behind Islamic terrorism. You think my position in this thread is out of partisan beliefs?

I am merely stating facts and you are countering them with simplifications and red herrings. Go to school.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
The U.S and Israel go around bombing sites in the cities and you blame Iran for this in their war with Iraq?
Are you really this stupid?

I feel like I am arguing with a 16 year old kid who sits at home all day and plays Halo 3.

You are not pointing any facts at all.

Iran doesn't promote the mass killing of civilians. People who blow themselves up in Iraq are going after an entire population. Iran doesn't hand anyone suicide vests nor is it going around wishing death to any group of people.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Aimster
Iran doesn't promote the mass killing of civilians. People who blow themselves up in Iraq are going after an entire population. Iran doesn't hand anyone suicide vests nor is it going around wishing death to any group of people.

Perhaps you have missed the mass demonstrations with "DEATH TO AMERICA!" being chanted.

Suicide vests? Nah, they prefer more potent weapons. And they're sending them to Iraq, to kill our soldiers.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Originally posted by: Pabster

Perhaps you have missed the mass demonstrations with "DEATH TO AMERICA!" being chanted.

Suicide vests? Nah, they prefer more potent weapons. And they're sending them to Iraq, to kill our soldiers.

If you believe death to America means that they wish for every citizen in the U.S to die then you clearly are no expert on Iran. You are in fact clueless and should stop posting all together if that is what you truly believe.

Killing soldiers is not killing civilians. Nice try.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
If you believe death to America means that they wish for every citizen in the U.S to die then you clearly are no expert on Iran. You are in fact clueless and should stop posting all together if that is what you truly believe.

You are obviously blind. Or naive. Or both. Do we need a definition for "DEATH TO AMERICA!" or am I missing something here?

At least you've finally admitted Iran is killing our soldiers. That's a start.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003

You are obviously blind. Or naive. Or both. Do we need a definition for "DEATH TO AMERICA!" or am I missing something here?

At least you've finally admitted Iran is killing our soldiers. That's a start.

Iran has said over and over again it does not wish to kill the citizens of the U.S.
Why would it?

Thousands of U.S citizens go to Iran every year. They are not being murdered. Therefore, your little theory has been proven to .. bullsh!t

Of course you are afraid of Muslims. Your children will grow up afraid of Muslims. One day a Muslim will be the boss of one of your upbringings. Please be alive to share the traumatic experience for us. ok?

& I didn't admit to anything. Learn to read. This is not Foxnews where you can twist things around.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Iran has said over and over again it does not wish to kill the citizens of the U.S.
Why would it?

What part of "DEATH TO AMERICA" am I misinterpreting here? :roll:

Thousands of U.S citizens go to Iran every year. They are not being murdered. Therefore, your little theory has been proven to .. bullsh!t

The State Department doesn't advise any American to go near Iran.

Of course you are afraid of Muslims. Your children will grow up afraid of Muslims. One day a Muslim will be the boss of one of your upbringings. Please be alive to share the traumatic experience for us. ok?

No, I'm not afraid of Muslims. Or anyone else. I do, however, despise anyone - no matter their faith - who incites violence and preaches death and hate as a means to some ends which their "good book" or "prophet" says.

In your world, anyone who doesn't kiss the Quran is a Muslim hater. Get with it. :roll:

& I didn't admit to anything. Learn to read. This is not Foxnews where you can twist things around.

I don't watch Fox News. Do you? :laugh:

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
The State Department is a reliable source now isn't it.
They've never been proven wrong.

YEP

Hmmm, you or the State Department. I think I know which I'll put more faith in.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
yeah, i'm glad to see the sanctions... they REALLY work. they've worked soooo well, right? especially when most of iran's economy involves europe and asia and not the united states. good call on the sanctions :roll:.

the only thing that we need to start turning the screws on is idiocy... "islamofascism" (which is a funny term, coming from amerofascists) doesn't have anything to do with iran. only idiots would assume that it does.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Originally posted by: bamacre
We need to leave Iran alone. Their fanatics are old, and their younger people will not be a problem for the US.

But who is running the show in Iran...those old fanatics, or the younger people?

who gives a fuck? what does that have to do with us not getting involved?

that amazes me is that you people sit there and agree with the bullshit that says if iran is allowed to progress with attaining nuclear power, we'll have wwiii on our hands. the fact of the matter is that if we bomb iran or have any kind of military action on iranian soil, THAT is more likely to start wwiii... not the ambiguity of whether they want nuclear power plants or not.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Originally posted by: dahunan
Bomb them now and the younger people will become hardline fanatics - neverending cycle

I disagree. There will remain a core of "hardline fanatics" - young or old - no matter what happens in Iran. We must not allow them nuclear weapons, and we must be prepared to do whatever it takes.

you can disagree all you want... that won't stop your trend of being wrong. iran is not full of terrorist sympathizers or fanatics. iran is filled with western culture-loving iranians who want more of a relationship with the americans and the united states.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: eits
you can disagree all you want... that won't stop your trend of being wrong. iran is not full of terrorist sympathizers or fanatics. iran is filled with western culture-loving iranians who want more of a relationship with the americans and the united states.

Unfortunately, their leadership is full of terrorist sympathizers and fanatics. Iran is not a Democracy. The only hope we have is for a popular uprising and a revolution, but I fear it won't come soon enough.

Noobtastic

Banned
Jul 9, 2005
The U.S and Israel go around bombing sites in the cities and you blame Iran for this in their war with Iraq?

Specifics, relevance, and clarification are needed if I am to respond to this. I don't see the connection betweem "U.S Israel "go around bombing sites in the cities [location not mentioned] and I blame Iran for this in their war with Iraq."

You said Iran does not promote targeting civilian populous solely to kill civilians. I refuted this. What are you debating?

Maybe.

I feel like I am arguing with a 16 year old kid who sits at home all day and plays Halo 3.

I don't have an xbox360.

Okay.

Iran doesn't promote the mass killing of civilians.

Iran is a sovereign nation run under a strict governance and prehistoric societal laws. Their is no promotion within the state if killing civilians, however Iran finances organizations that do go around targeting civilians. In addition to this, Iran unofficially employs a rogue army that isn't forced to follow what little moral conventions the native military operates.

People who blow themselves up in Iraq are going after an entire population.

Ok.

Iran doesn't hand anyone suicide vests nor is it going around wishing death to any group of people.

Yes it does. The puppet leader openly confessed his desires to wipe out the state of Israel. And that's tame compared to what the countries real leader has in stock.

You can huff and puff all day, but when the shat hits the fan you'll wish you woke up earlier.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Originally posted by: eits

Unfortunately, their leadership is full of terrorist sympathizers and fanatics. Iran is not a Democracy. The only hope we have is for a popular uprising and a revolution, but I fear it won't come soon enough.

soon enough for what? wtf are you talking about? what're you so afraid of?

there will be an uprising/revolution in the near future... you just need to trust that iran can take care of itself. the people of iran will never stand for their government going to war with another country or nuking another country or anything of the kind. they'll revolt because they're afraid that our military will come in and kill them (the civilians).

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
The State Department is a reliable source now isn't it.
They've never been proven wrong.

YEP

Hmmm, you or the State Department. I think I know which I'll put more faith in.

What is your level of education?

You aren't very bright.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Originally posted by: Noobtastic

Specifics, relevance, and clarification are needed if I am to respond to this. I don't see the connection betweem "U.S Israel "go around bombing sites in the cities [location not mentioned] and I blame Iran for this in their war with Iraq."

You said Iran does not promote targeting civilian populous solely to kill civilians. I refuted this. What are you debating?

Maybe.

I don't have an xbox360.

Okay.

Iran doesn't promote the mass killing of civilians.

Iran is a sovereign nation run under a strict governance and prehistoric societal laws. Their is no promotion within the state if killing civilians, however Iran finances organizations that do go around targeting civilians. In addition to this, Iran unofficially employs a rogue army that isn't forced to follow what little moral conventions the native military operates.

People who blow themselves up in Iraq are going after an entire population.

Ok.

Iran doesn't hand anyone suicide vests nor is it going around wishing death to any group of people.

Yes it does. The puppet leader openly confessed his desires to wipe out the state of Israel. And that's tame compared to what the countries real leader has in stock.

You can huff and puff all day, but when the shat hits the fan you'll wish you woke up earlier.

Stats?
Do you even read the garbage you are posting.

You are claiming Iran is out to kill the citizens of Lebanon. You have nothing to add but B.S to the thread so that is why you post garbage.

& The Iranian President is not the puppet . He was elected on the premise of ending corruption from the mullahs. Some puppet. He also said he wishes to remove the regime of Israel. If you think the removal of the regime of Israel means a nuclear bomb falling on Israel you are an idiot.

The U.S finances organization that go after civilians. So you can't distinguish Iran from the U.S. Aww sucks for you.

You fail to show anything. Just more blah blah blah. I am tired of educating you.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Alistar7
Originally posted by: palehorse74
Once again, if you honestly believe that Iranian agents are NOT aiding the insurgents in Iraq, then you're incredibly ignorant and/or naive.

The same is true of Saudi Arabia and their aid to the sunni insurgents throughout Iraq.

Like I said above, the real question is whether or not their actions justify a hostile response by the US - and I don't believe they do. It allows me to despise them for it, but it's still not enough of a reason to invade.

On the other hand, nukes ARE a good reason to bomb the living sh*t out of their research facilities.

around and around we go... weeeeee

I don't like to base anything on assumption.

Last time the U.S played that game look what happened.

Yep.
True, but common sense is still enough to know that Iranians are involved in some nefarious capacity. Come on, admit it... you have to know that they're involved!

It would be fairly ridiculous if they weren't...

Why would they be?

It is so much easier for Iranians to go to Afghanistan than it is Iraq.

Iranians can't just go to Iraq and hand weapons to Arabs. They do not speak Arabic for one nor do they have any connections with the resistance groups that are targeting U.S forces. Majority of attacks are coming from Sunnis.

None of the people "Iran is sending in" are being caught either. Either Iran has the greatest special forces in the history of the world or the stories are all missing out a vital factor. Sure a few have been caught here and there .. In the Kurdish North... only to be later released.

What is the media leaving out? The fact that the nations where the insurgents are coming from have stockpiles of every Iranian weapon.

It makes more sense that the insurgents are getting their weapons from Syria where the most insurgents are coming to Iraq from.

Their interest is not the same in Afghanistan. You admit "a few" have been caught, why exactly were they in Iraq?

Because Iran is fighting the PKK in northern Iraq.
They have been doing this for years. Long before the U.S got involved in Iraq.

Why do you think Iran doesn't want a democratic Iraq? They want to stabilize Iraq.
With the U.S gone and a democratic Iraq, the leader of Iraq who is "elected" can re-write their rules and become dictator. Nobody will be there to stop him.

Iraq is going to become a religious state one way or the other. The people in power right now are all religious people. When the U.S leaves, the Iraqi President will be overthrown and a powerful mullah will rise to power.

Iraq is going to turn into Iran part 2.

They would like that scenario, which is why they are fomenting unrest. US military forces are not the primry targets, it is innocent Iraqi civilians and infrastructure. They do not want a stable Iraq, especially aa democratic version. Iraq was secular before and will remain that way, sorry. Iran will soon follow, the restless youth will see the rights and freedoms of the Iraqi people and demand the same.

Iranian forces also crossed into souther Iraq, spotted by British forces. Their involvement and activities are well noted, their intentions clear. They are a nuisance but not much threat to US forces.

There are videos of British troops entering the Iranian side of the border.
So are you suggesting that Britain wants to invade Iran?

The border is the border. There is no fence. Crossing happens occasionally.

Everything you are saying is based off of your opinion supported by no facts

Iran does not have a history of promoting that mass murder of civilians. In fact it is the Arabs that go around blowing themselves up. Even the arms shipment that Israel caught going to Palestine from Iran carried weapons to use against Israeli tanks and soldiers. There were no suicide vests. Hezbollah does not even promote the blowing up of buildings or markets.

Have British forces carried out operations within Iranian borders? How many Iranian soldiers/civilians have been killed by British weapons in Iran?

Continue to deny confirmed reports of Iranian weapons being smuggled to the Taliban. Continue proclaiming anyone "uneducated" simply because they believe in fact, not your opinion. Continue to ignore Ansar. Which is it, are you really that naive, myopic, or just that biased?

You seem to think you are as wise as the Iranian regime, who is fooling nobody but select zealots like yourself. Plausible deniability will only get them so far, there will be a price to pay for their interference.

Noobtastic

Banned
Jul 9, 2005

You are claiming Iran is out to kill the citizens of Lebanon.

No I am not.

The Iranian President is not the puppet

Yes he is.

This guy is the man in charge:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Khamenei
He was elected on the premise of ending corruption from the mullahs. Some puppet. He also said he wishes to remove the regime of Israel.

No, he wishes to WIPE ISRAEL OFF THE MAP. Removing a regime means eliminating a government or established leadership from a country.

If you think the removal of the regime of Israel means a nuclear bomb falling on Israel you are an idiot.

The U.S finances organization that go after civilians. So you can't distinguish Iran from the U.S. Aww sucks for you.

Is this guy for real?
You fail to show anything. Just more blah blah blah. I am tired of educating you.

I hope this is a joke.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
How is Iran's President the puppet of Iran if he does not represent the views of the mullahs? They are in constant disagreement.
Do you know what a puppet is?

Yes there are tens of thousands of Jews if not hundreds of thousands of Jews who side with the Iranian President and wish to wipe the regime of Israel off the face of the map. These Jews many of them live in Israel. Are you suggesting they wish their own death?
Give me a break.

& it is a fact the U.S finances terrorist groups, especially those who kill Iranians.

& Yes you clearly said Iran is out to kill the citizens of Lebanon by linking "Iran does not promote the mass killing of anyone" by bringing up hezbollah B.S and them hiding in cities. You were responding to my statement with your devious comment. Obviously you didn't think straight.. AS ALWAYS.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Once again, if you honestly believe that Iranian agents are NOT aiding the insurgents in Iraq, then you're incredibly ignorant and/or naive.

The same is true of Saudi Arabia and their aid to the sunni insurgents throughout Iraq.

Like I said above, the real question is whether or not their actions justify a hostile response by the US - and I don't believe they do. It allows me to despise them for it, but it's still not enough of a reason to invade.

On the other hand, nukes ARE a good reason to bomb the living sh*t out of their research facilities.

Yep.
True, but common sense is still enough to know that Iranians are involved in some nefarious capacity. Come on, admit it... you have to know that they're involved!

Why would they be?

Iranians can't just go to Iraq and hand weapons to Arabs. They do not speak Arabic for one nor do they have any connections with the resistance groups that are targeting U.S forces. Majority of attacks are coming from Sunnis.

None of the people "Iran is sending in" are being caught either. Either Iran has the greatest special forces in the history of the world or the stories are all missing out a vital factor. Sure a few have been caught here and there .. In the Kurdish North... only to be later released.

What is the media leaving out? The fact that the nations where the insurgents are coming from have stockpiles of every Iranian weapon.

It makes more sense that the insurgents are getting their weapons from Syria where the most insurgents are coming to Iraq from.

Their interest is not the same in Afghanistan. You admit "a few" have been caught, why exactly were they in Iraq?

Why do you think Iran doesn't want a democratic Iraq? They want to stabilize Iraq.
With the U.S gone and a democratic Iraq, the leader of Iraq who is "elected" can re-write their rules and become dictator. Nobody will be there to stop him.

Iraq is going to become a religious state one way or the other. The people in power right now are all religious people. When the U.S leaves, the Iraqi President will be overthrown and a powerful mullah will rise to power.

They would like that scenario, which is why they are fomenting unrest. US military forces are not the primry targets, it is innocent Iraqi civilians and infrastructure. They do not want a stable Iraq, especially aa democratic version. Iraq was secular before and will remain that way, sorry. Iran will soon follow, the restless youth will see the rights and freedoms of the Iraqi people and demand the same.

Iranian forces also crossed into souther Iraq, spotted by British forces. Their involvement and activities are well noted, their intentions clear. They are a nuisance but not much threat to US forces.

Iran does not have a history of promoting that mass murder of civilians. In fact it is the Arabs that go around blowing themselves up. Even the arms shipment that Israel caught going to Palestine from Iran carried weapons to use against Israeli tanks and soldiers. There were no suicide vests. Hezbollah does not even promote the blowing up of buildings or markets.

Have British forces carried out operations within Iranian borders? How many Iranian soldiers/civilians have been killed by British weapons in Iran?

Continue to deny confirmed reports of Iranian weapons being smuggled to the Taliban. Continue proclaiming anyone "uneducated" simply because they believe in fact, not your opinion. Continue to ignore Ansar. Which is it, are you really that naive, myopic, or just that biased?

You seem to think you are as wise as the Iranian regime, who is fooling nobody but select zealots like yourself. Plausible deniability will only get them so far, there will be a price to pay for their interference.

Deny reports? All the reports say is "Iranian made weapons used".

If Iranians are smuggling weapons why haven't they been caught?
They are genius. The U.S needs to get secret service training from them.

You got to be an idiot if you think that Iran is responsible for the smuggling of weapons when none of them have been caught in the act

How many Iranian soldiers/civilians have been killed by British weapons in Iran? Tens of thousands of Iranians died when the West made it possible for Iraq to obtain chemical weapons to use on Iranians, mainly children running towards armed men with with nothing but a Quran.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
It's a shame the Iranian forces are such cowards, but they understand they cannot stand up to the US military superiority. I feel bad for the majority of their populace, hopefully soon they will rise up and eliminate their "leadership".

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
It's a shame the Iranian forces are such cowards, but they understand they cannot stand up to the US military superiority. I feel bad for the majority of their populace, hopefully soon they will rise up and eliminate their "leadership".

U.S cannot harm Iran. Iran will destroy the oil routes.

What other nation for the last 25+ years has been giving the U.S <^> and getting away with it?

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002

Yep.

Why would they be?

Deny reports? All the reports say is "Iranian made weapons used".

If Iranians are smuggling weapons why haven't they been caught?
They are genius. The U.S needs to get secret service training from them.

You got to be an idiot if you think that Iran is responsible for the smuggling of weapons when none of them have been caught in the act

How many Iranian soldiers/civilians have been killed by British weapons in Iran? Tens of thousands of Iranians died when the West made it possible for Iraq to obtain chemical weapons to use on Iranians, mainly children running towards armed men with with nothing but a Quran.

They have been caught, with weapons, you have got to be an idiot to ignore the well documented cases.

I did not realize British forces recently used chemical weapons against the Iranian populace.