U.N.C. Charlotte Shooting Leaves 2 Dead and 4 Wounded

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
A man with a pistol walked into a classroom at the University of North Carolina Charlotte late Tuesday afternoon and opened fire, fatally shooting two people and injuring four others on the last day of classes, the authorities said.

[...]

The police disarmed the suspect and took him into custody at a building on campus, Chief Baker said. The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department identified the suspect as Trystan Andrew Terrell, 22.

The police declined to elaborate on a possible motive for the shooting.

“One officer immediately went to the suspect to take him down,” Chief Baker said.

Another butcher with a gun. These events have been commonplace in our society. When will the political will to overcome the hysteria of the "guns at all costs" obstructionists be marshaled?

Jan 25, 2011
This one will most likely chalk up to mental health issues. The shooter dropped out recently, apparently is diagnosed autistic, registered libertarian with no criminal history.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Wouldn't be in the interest of lawful and responsible gun owners to keep guns out of the hands of people that make them look bad? Or are they just going to keep saying nope to every suggestion until every damn gun in the U.S. is forcefully taken from their cold dead hands? The more this type of thing happens the less support they get among non gun owners. I'm not anti-gun but if they don't get their shit together and compromise I'm going to change my mind.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Another butcher with a gun. These events have been commonplace in our society. When will the political will to overcome the hysteria of the "guns at all costs" obstructionists be marshaled?

When will our media and society stop bombarding people with the ideas and images of shootings and guns? All we hear 24/7 is about guns or Russia. Movies, games, and tv glorify them.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
When will our media and society stop bombarding people with the ideas and images of shootings and guns?
When the mass shootings and the nearly unfettered availability of guns are finally curtailed.

All we hear 24/7 is about guns or Russia.

Elect a Dem President and super-majorities in both houses of Congress and that could begin to change.

Movies, games, and tv glorify them.
Movies, tv, and even some game also glorify sex, yet millennials, who consume vast quantities of each, are having less of it. Gee, go figure! ;)

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
When will our media and society stop bombarding people with the ideas and images of shootings and guns? All we hear 24/7 is about guns or Russia. Movies, games, and tv glorify them.

When the jihadist NRA is brought to heel and all ill-begotten funds liquidated.

Reactions: hal2kilo

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

Probably when your media stops bombarding you with images of immigrants, Muslims, and ms13 gangs.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I just heard that the hero Riley Howell will be laid to rest with full military honors.

RIP Riley. I wish I could hug his parents. :cry:

Reactions: Perknose

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
I just heard that the hero Riley Howell will be laid to rest with full military honors.

RIP Riley. I wish I could hug his parents. :cry:
What a courageous kid. Nothing but respect for his actions.

As inspiring as his actions were, I feel perhaps even more sadness that this brave soul has become "just another" victim of our culture of gun violence. I read one article saying he was thinking about joining the service or perhaps being a firefighter; a damned shame he won't be around to save all those he would have.

Makes me sad.

Reactions: Perknose