Tyson Foods Drops Labor Day For Muslim Holiday Instead

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Originally posted by: umbrella39
Originally posted by: Nebor
Originally posted by: Butterbean..The bad Msulim see them for what they are and know their false virtue is just cowardice.

Says the keyboard soldier..

Originally posted by: Red Dawn
As the brave Culture Warrior posts from the safe anonymity of his keyboard:laugh:

:confused: Do you guys want him to grab a rifle and head down to the nearest mosque or what?

Why does he need a weapon?

Going unarmed would not go well. Muslims are physically more powerful than us due to the power they derive from their war-like God.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
Originally posted by: Butterbean
America was founded on principals meant to transcend culture. Cultures rise as civilizations decline. Culture shapes and defines people outwardly in a more primitive manner than civilization which is more of a leap of consciousness that can elevate people and society above culture. The founders represented a leap in consciousness and they knew the Constitution was meaningless without a noble people who were dedicated to its spirit. Unlike the French revolt the American Revolution was not secular despite have secular context and provisions. Now we have a lot of people who think the Constitution is not about liberty and freedom from government oppresions, but about license and protecting their little islands of culture independent of the greater ideals.

Fact is many people are not true Americans in spirit anymore despite the noises to the contrary they make. They are like pod people with their souls sucked out and cant distingusih between culture and civilzation. They dont mind the borders are collpased because now they can go to more little food culture festivals like little culture piglets. The Balkanization of the nation looks like progress to them becuase their consciousness is inverted. Like mushrooms or bacteria these types of thrive on decay and they are not the type that builds and maintains civilsation - especially todays type of de-balled, self hating lib "males". The bad Msulim see them for what they are and know their false virtue is just cowardice.
Reads like the results of a moonbeam after a kkk rally.

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: spacejamz
Originally posted by: eskimospy

I figured out that much on my own about Socio....but I still think it sucks for the 500 non-muslims who probably observed Labor day with the rest of the country.

What will happen when this union contract is up? Will Christmas and Easter be next on the list? heck, why don't they just replace all of the US holidays with Muslim ones?

Sorry, little Sally but daddy can't celebrate Thanksgiving/Christmas with you because he doesn't have it off anymore, but you can skip school on the next Muslim holiday we have so we can go to IHOP...

Yeah, but what about it sucking for the majority of the workers when they had to work on their holidays? It's a private business making a deal with their workers so the greatest number of them can observe the days off that they want to. I can't even believe this is an issue. They aren't even replacing some religious holidays with others, they are changing a day that Americans observe by having a barbecue with one that has serious religious significance to them. If this were anything else but some Muslim thing nobody would care.

These workers are working in another country that already has their established holidays. No one made them come to the US. If observing their holidays really meant that much to them, then maybe moving to another country was not such a good idea...

Tell that to the Pilgrims. Face it, you are cut from the same cloth as the OP. While you are at it, see what you can do about getting that bitch removed from Liberty Island that informs all "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.."

:roll:

the same pilgrims that eventually screwed over the native american indians that were already here and took all of their land????

just want to make sure we are talking about the same group of people...

mmmm...group moves to another country because they were oppressed and want a better life...group screws over native population that welcomed them and showed them how to grow crops, group takes all of the land that belonged to the native population and forces them onto reservations in the middle of nowhere...hope this doesn't become a pattern...

and this was based on your example...

not sure what is so hard to understand about the implications of another group forcing their way of life on you in your country. If you don't think someone's way of life has changed, go ask one of the american tyson employees who will now be working on Labor Day this year while their family and friends have the day off...

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: Vic

I figured out that much on my own about Socio....but I still think it sucks for the 500 non-muslims who probably observed Labor day with the rest of the country.

What will happen when this union contract is up? Will Christmas and Easter be next on the list? heck, why don't they just replace all of the US holidays with Muslim ones?

Sorry, little Sally but daddy can't celebrate Thanksgiving/Christmas with you because he doesn't have it off anymore, but you can skip school on the next Muslim holiday we have so we can go to IHOP...

Yeah, but what about it sucking for the majority of the workers when they had to work on their holidays? It's a private business making a deal with their workers so the greatest number of them can observe the days off that they want to. I can't even believe this is an issue. They aren't even replacing some religious holidays with others, they are changing a day that Americans observe by having a barbecue with one that has serious religious significance to them. If this were anything else but some Muslim thing nobody would care.

These workers are working in another country that already has their established holidays. No one made them come to the US. If observing their holidays really meant that much to them, then maybe moving to another country was not such a good idea...
Moving from Somalia not a good idea?? Bwuahahahaha:laugh:

It's a Union thing it's not even the company. They were given an opportunity to choose a holiday and they choose one different than Labor Day, what's the problem? If the other employees don't like it they can find employment elsewhere. I know if it bothered me as much as it seems to bother you and Socio I'd look elsewhere. Maybe a Pork Processing Plant;)

okay, so if they wanted to leave Somalia because it was so bad, they should have left the Somalian holidays behind as well...

are they going to try and make Somalian currency the standard in Tennessee as well? Oh wait, they had to adapt and accept US currency while living here...

So what you're saying is that we should pass a law banning the practice of certain cultural and religious customs and holidays, is that it?

where are you getting that from? all I am saying that it is not right for the 500 non-Muslims (who are probably Americans) to not be able to observe a nationally recognized holiday because a group of immigrants wanted to celebrate a different holiday than one already recognized by the Federal government.

If celebrating that holiday was so important to these Somalis, they have personal time and vacation days that they could have used for this.

I would assume that many of these 500 non-muslims have family and friends who will get Labor Day off so now these employees cannot enjoy that time with them.

One solution that might have worked would have been to offer a floating holiday (we get four of them at my current workplace, President's Day, MLK Day, Columbus Day and Veteran's Day - you can take that day off or work it and take another day off instead)...

Please don't lump me in with Socio as I don't care that it was Muslim group that has caused this issue. Nowhere in any of my posts have I bashed Islam or any religion for that matter...

I realize that 700 vs 500 is the majority, but I am guessing that those 500 people have been in the States alot longer than the group of 700 Somalis and that the group of 500 is still a significant part of the workforce...

I wonder what the opinion of the 500 employees are...

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Originally posted by: Vic

Moving from Somalia not a good idea?? Bwuahahahaha:laugh:

It's a Union thing it's not even the company. They were given an opportunity to choose a holiday and they choose one different than Labor Day, what's the problem? If the other employees don't like it they can find employment elsewhere. I know if it bothered me as much as it seems to bother you and Socio I'd look elsewhere. Maybe a Pork Processing Plant;)

okay, so if they wanted to leave Somalia because it was so bad, they should have left the Somalian holidays behind as well...

are they going to try and make Somalian currency the standard in Tennessee as well? Oh wait, they had to adapt and accept US currency while living here...

So what you're saying is that we should pass a law banning the practice of certain cultural and religious customs and holidays, is that it?

where are you getting that from? all I am saying that it is not right for the 500 non-Muslims (who are probably Americans) to not be able to observe a nationally recognized holiday because a group of immigrants wanted to celebrate a different holiday than one already recognized by the Federal government.

If celebrating that holiday was so important to these Somalis, they have personal time and vacation days that they could have used for this.

I would assume that many of these 500 non-muslims have family and friends who will get Labor Day off so now these employees cannot enjoy that time with them.

One solution that might have worked would have been to offer a floating holiday (we get four of them at my current workplace, President's Day, MLK Day, Columbus Day and Veteran's Day - you can take that day off or work it and take another day off instead)...

Please don't lump me in with Socio as I don't care that it was Muslim group that has caused this issue. Nowhere in any of my posts have I bashed Islam or any religion for that matter...

I realize that 700 vs 500 is the majority, but I am guessing that those 500 people have been in the States alot longer than the group of 700 Somalis and that the group of 500 is still a significant part of the workforce...

It doesn't matter how long they have been in the States, they could have been born here for all you know, it was voted on by the union and that is what matters.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
Originally posted by: dawp

It doesn't matter how long they have been in the States, they could have been born here for all you know, it was voted on by the union and that is what matters.
It would be interesting to know the opinions of all sides. It would be funny if none of the minority had strong opinions about it. How would one find out?

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003

If you were in shoes of one of those 500 employees, what would you think???

Some of these employees have probably observed Labor Day since they joined the US workforce, however long ago that might have been...

how would you feel if something similar happened at your workplace where a policy changed because of a similar issue and something that you have previously enjoyed got taken away (for these Tyson employees, their ablity to enjoye Labor Day with their family and friends got taken away)?

I wonder what, if any, animousity will now exist at the plant between the Muslims and non-muslims?? is that worth changing the holiday for??

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007

Some of these employees have probably observed Labor Day since they joined the US workforce, however long ago that might have been...

how would you feel if something similar happened at your workplace where a policy changed because of a similar issue and something that you have previously enjoyed got taken away (for these Tyson employees, their ablity to enjoye Labor Day with their family and friends got taken away)?

I wonder what, if any, animousity will now exist at the plant between the Muslims and non-muslims?? is that worth changing the holiday for??
I imagine some of those employees have been celebrating their birthdays for a while also...

Many companies have floating holidays that can be used at the employee's discretion - or they could just take a vacation day.

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: seemingly random

I imagine some of those employees have been celebrating their birthdays for a while also...

Many companies have floating holidays that can be used at the employee's discretion - or they could just take a vacation day.

did I miss something in this thread about birthdays being taking away??

did you miss my post asking why can't the muslims couldn't take a vacation day to celebrate this holiday so that American employees there can observe Labor Day just like the rest of their friends and family??

are some people here just that clueless???:confused:

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Butterbean..The bad Msulim see them for what they are and know their false virtue is just cowardice.

Says the keyboard soldier..

As the brave Culture Warrior posts from the safe anonymity of his keyboard:laugh:

:confused: Do you guys want him to grab a rifle and head down to the nearest mosque or what?

Why does he need a weapon?

Going unarmed would not go well. Muslims are physically more powerful than us due to the power they derive from their war-like God.

I hear they are even more powerful than a room full of Amish kids so yeah, maybe you are right about needing a gun.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004

did you miss my post asking why can't the muslims couldn't take a vacation day to celebrate this holiday so that American employees there can observe Labor Day just like the rest of their friends and family??

^^^

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005

As i said earlier in this thread, i work my holidays most the time so i wouldn't mind.as long as I get the same number of holidays, it does not matter. as a mater of fact I am working Labor day this year. time and a half plus pay for the holiday. and there are people how don't get the holiday off and don't get the extra pay.

edit:
And I do work in a union shop, so it it posible some time in the future something similar could happen where I work. As far as i know, companies don't have to give you paid holidays anyways.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007

My point was that you were arguing the emotional point that "their ability to enjoy Labor Day with their family and friends got taken away". They can take a vacation day. They didn't lose a day, it just got rearranged.

Have you found out if any of the 500 people have strong opinions about this. I bet you'd be pissed if they didn't.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005

My point was that you were arguing the emotional point that "their ability to enjoy Labor Day with their family and friends got taken away". They can take a vacation day. They didn't lose a day, it just got rearranged.

Have you found out if any of the 500 people have strong opinions about this. I bet you'd be pissed if they didn't.

i doubt he really cares one way or the other, that not the point of his posts.

And no company is going to allow over half of their workforce to take vacation on the same day.

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003

why can't the somalis have taken a vacation day instead so that they didn't force 500 Americans who work in America to burn one of their vacation days??

Oct 25, 2006

^^^

Logic and Reason on MY P&N? Blasphemy!

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007

why can't the somalis have taken a vacation day instead so that they didn't force 500 Americans who work in America to burn one of their vacation days??
Don't know and don't care. Because this issue upsets the likes of Socio and Butterbean (and now you), it must ok. What do the other tyson employees think?

Dec 10, 2005

WTF?

Why can't the "American" workers use a vacation day if they really want Labor Day off?

Honestly - I would say you're making a mountain out of a mole hill, but there is no hill, in fact, there is NO ISSUE what so ever.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
Originally posted by: Brainonska511

WTF?

Why can't the "American" workers use a vacation day if they really want Labor Day off?

Honestly - I would say you're making a mountain out of a mole hill, but there is no hill, in fact, there is NO ISSUE what so ever.
The problem with the haters is that buried in one of their manifestos might be a valid problem. But, since they cry wolf so often, it'll be ignored.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000

:confused: So you have to shuck your entire cultural identity if you dislike your local government (or lack thereof)? Whatever happened to believing in the first amendment?

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005

Like i said earlier, no company is going to allow over half the workforce to take vacation at the same time wihout closing shop. Are you that dense? This was voted on by the plant and this the results. If you don't like how this works go live in China where the government controls everything. it does not affect you and probably never will, so quit whining.

QuicknDirty

Dec 26, 2002

If I was in the shoes of the 500 employees (assuming I was a union member, which is the only employee that this affects, or didn't you know that? Non union members still get Labor day off) I'd probably think, gee, that's another Union vote I didn't win. Oh well. When's lunchtime?

To think anywhere near the majority of any of these guys working in a POULTRY PROCESSING PLANT have observed Labor day since they "joined the workforce" is simply idiotic. Probably most of these guys started off working at McDonalds or some other fast food shit job, which I don't believe even gets xmas off anymore...and got "on the list" to get hired at "the chicken plant". You act like these guys have PHD's in chicken gutting or something. LMFAO.

And as we've said before, no one is keeping them working there if they don't like the current policy that was requested, voted on, and approved by the MAJORITY of the workforce/union. They are free to leave and seek employment elsewhere.

And lastly, it's not about Muslims & "non muslims"... it's about Union members and a majority vote. You do know that's what Unions are for, right? So that workers can join together for better leverage? Sheesh.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
How bad did I fuck up in life to end up working at a Chicken Processing plant in Tennessee alongside a bunch of Somolians?!!

Vonkhan

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
How bad did I fuck up in life to end up working at a Chicken Processing plant in Tennessee alongside a bunch of Somolians?!!

you owe me a cup of coffee and laundry for my shirt :D

mooseracing

Golden Member
Mar 9, 2006
Originally posted by: techs
I suppose you also are against the Christianization of America?

Teh country was founded on Christians and their beliefs, all teh crap about getting it out of schools, governemnt, such as statues and money and the rest is just bullshit.