Typical Arab man, "I hate America!" <but,after making sure no one is listening> "but i want to do business with America"

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Story link

A BLEAK PICTURE

The Syrians do indeed have more to lose. Their economy is a mess and the average salary of a college graduate is $200 a month. Moreover, the university system desperately needs modernizing, and the country faces an imminent water crisis. Trade and banking restrictions, some of them self-imposed, have closed U.S. markets to Syria, adding to the frustration of a
struggling people, many of whom are turning to the mosques in increasing numbers.

?I hate America! I hate them!? says one merchant, adding that friends at his mosque all feel the same way. After checking to see that no one is listening outside his shop, he continued: ?But I want to do business with America. The economy here is terrible, and 70 percent of the money goes to the army because they say we have this problem with Israel. This is crazy. If we would just make peace, I could do business with Israel and send my things to shops in America.?

Texmaster

Banned
Jun 5, 2001

<< Story link

A BLEAK PICTURE

The Syrians do indeed have more to lose. Their economy is a mess and the average salary of a college graduate is $200 a month. Moreover, the university system desperately needs modernizing, and the country faces an imminent water crisis. Trade and banking restrictions, some of them self-imposed, have closed U.S. markets to Syria, adding to the frustration of a
struggling people, many of whom are turning to the mosques in increasing numbers.

?I hate America! I hate them!? says one merchant, adding that friends at his mosque all feel the same way. After checking to see that no one is listening outside his shop, he continued: ?But I want to do business with America. The economy here is terrible, and 70 percent of the money goes to the army because they say we have this problem with Israel. This is crazy. If we would just make peace, I could do business with Israel and send my things to shops in America.?
>>

Just goes to show that money is still the singular driving force in the world today :)

ToBeMe

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000
They hate us.......................but they'd hate things more without us...........;)

boolerboy

Jun 28, 2000
i think they just love to hate.

if it wasn't us, they'd be fighting each other, like they've done for centuries. sunnis killing shias, shias killing sunnis, both killing sufis... iranians killing iraqis, iraqis killing iranians and kurds and kuwaitis...