Twofer thread- Bill Barr tapped for AG and Trump above normal crazy level as Mueller update due today

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Probably deserves a new thread, but the Mueller filing for Manafort sentencing accuses him of lying about Trump's involvement/knowledge of the 2016 Trump Tower meeting.

Mueller knows.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Probably deserves a new thread, but the Mueller filing for Manafort sentencing accuses him of lying about Trump's involvement/knowledge of the 2016 Trump Tower meeting.

Mueller knows.

From the beginning it's been pretty unbelievable that Trump's son, Trump's son in law, and Trump's campaign chairman would be meeting with representatives of the Russian government in Trump's own tower while he was there and he wouldn't know anything about it.

Feb 4, 2009
From the beginning it's been pretty unbelievable that Trump's son, Trump's son in law, and Trump's campaign chairman would be meeting with representatives of the Russian government in Trump's own tower while he was there and he wouldn't know anything about it.

Sounds totally believable especially combined with the I want to schedule a news conference to talk about all these horrible email from Hillary, lock Her Up!

Why do you hate America Fsk?

Reactions: ch33zw1z

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
aaaaaaannnnnnddddd a former Fox New Woman has been named to Be UN Ambassador

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-kelly-barr/index.html
cheeto tweet:

"Mike Pompeo is doing a great job, I am very proud of him. His predecessor, Rex Tillerson, didn’t have the mental capacity needed. He was dumb as a rock and I couldn’t get rid of him fast enough. He was lazy as hell. Now it is a whole new ballgame, great spirit at State! "

Think Tillerson will now come out and say "Yes, I did say he was fucking moron"?

Feb 4, 2009
cheeto tweet:

"Mike Pompeo is doing a great job, I am very proud of him. His predecessor, Rex Tillerson, didn’t have the mental capacity needed. He was dumb as a rock and I couldn’t get rid of him fast enough. He was lazy as hell. Now it is a whole new ballgame, great spirit at State! "

Think Tillerson will now come out and say "Yes, I did say he was fucking moron"?

Possibly,
Tillerson has a big ego and is a big narcissist, not as big as the President.
I think Tillerson firing back is very possible.

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Possibly,
Tillerson has a big ego and is a big narcissist, not as big as the President.
I think Tillerson firing back is very possible.
We have the great debate right here:
Dt2E9EzWwAIORFD.jpg

Reactions: nickqt

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Apparently, those tweets by the cheeto were in response to Tillerson's comments yesterday.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tillerson-says-often-talked-trump-illegal-acts-181922911.html
"The tweet apparently came in response to Tillerson’s remarks Thursday saying that President Trump would “often” ask him to do things that were illegal during his 13-month tenure as America’s top diplomat.

“Often, the president would say, ‘Here’s what I want to do and here’s how I want to do it,’” Tillerson recalled at a fundraiser for the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. “And I would have to say to him, ‘Mr. President, I understand what you want to do but you can’t do it that way. It violates the law.’”

"

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Well now federal prosecutors in their Cohen filing have come straight out and said they believe Trump committed at least one felony.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
On the upside of all this, there is the rocket fuelled economy to warm your self by

All he had to do was no go full Tariff Retard and ride the economy that Obama gave him.. Now he is burning the candle from both ends, pedal to the metal! ... (oh btw, the candle is you.)

The shithead is burning both ends of the candle fer sure and in true Trump tradition, he's doing it with a coup'la blowtorches just to move things along. ;)

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Well now federal prosecutors in their Cohen filing have come straight out and said they believe Trump committed at least one felony.

Yep. Trump knew about one or two, and ordered at least one. LoL.

Chuck Todd was just saying that with all of the Cohen stuff and Manafort stuff today, it is virtually impossible for Congress to do nothing about the president at this point. I wonder if Mitchy is delivering brick-hard stools right now.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
It was not as easy to find as I thought but yep, the SDNY has said that Trump is guilty of felony campaign fraud and I believe carries a penalty of up to 5 years. Slow people are going to have a tough time with this.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Chuck Todd was just saying that with all of the Cohen stuff and Manafort stuff today, it is virtually impossible for Congress to do nothing about the president at this point. I wonder if Mitchy is delivering brick-hard stools right now.

I'll admit, the schadenfeude was strong today. I was listening in the car and felt like I had to pull over and dance, maybe throw in some back flips.

This is where they milk the behind closed doors Comey interview for all it has. Getting the guy who helped keep GHWB clear of Iran Contra to be AG might help, but ultimately I don't see them wiggling away from those 2 criminal investigations cited. GOP Senators are indeed probably shitting bricks now.

For the good of America this party should burn. If there's a hell, a lot of them probably will.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017

Sure to a normal person but to complete idiots this all seemed very plausible.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Now this completely random lacking any context tweet

I1GoEig.jpg

Keeping face for the crowd that's even more lost than he is. Sad.

For everyone else who can comprehend what is unfolding it just confirms how dumb and desperate the guy is. Always fun watching a stupid person act like they just said something informed though, hell that's half of why I come here to begin with.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Well, what I'm sure of is that this isn't a big enough gun to go Trump hunting. The Trump mind benders just haven't developed the spin to deal with it quite yet. They'll paint Trump as a sympathetic character, a neophyte politician who was being blackmailed and blah, blah, blah... whatever they can come up with. Poor Guy was so involved in the MAGA mission from God that he tripped up, that's all.

And the Faithful will abide with it, quite willingly. He could shoot somebody, remember? They knew he was crooked when they voted for him. They admired him for it.

Reactions: dank69

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

I1GoEig.jpg

It's like every Slow post. I mean, in context, it's the same fucking thing that we read from that twerp, in response to the obvious. Every day.

"Fuck it all, I'm just going to say that dousing my feet in gasoline and lighting a match is a good idea. It is, because I said it. Fuck you for disagreeing!"

It's the exact same content.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Maybe Mueller has been thinking: "You know what? I want to have a good Christmas this year. I want a good 4 days to chill and relax with the family in Vale. Some whiskey, some cigars, some light history reading, and just chill. I'm going to roll this out now. I'm going to just give some bigass gifts to the country and so maybe everyone else can chill. Merry Christmas, everyone!"

Reactions: esquared

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004

I1GoEig.jpg
it wasn't completely random, it was right after the bullet points of today's Cohen filings were read to him.

ultimately, it's just another trump lie, but now they are entering the court of law and he is fucked.

he will be tossed behind bars screaming and crying like the little baby he is.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
I'm so tired of this President.

I don't even think he's the worst president in modern history (unless he starts a war, then starts another totally unnecessary war, then forgets about the first war that he started, then the wars are run so badly that they're basically an unfixable perpetual quagmire).

I'm even burning out on disliking him. I'm just tired of him.