Two Worlds

MarcVenice

Moderator Emeritus <br>
Apr 2, 2007
Jup, Europian here, we've allready been graced with what some call a Oblivion clone, but if it is, it's not a bad one at that. I reviewed the game for a Dutch website, and well, I took a lot of screenshots to give people an idea of the game, why else ? I'm currently running a x2 3800+ at 2.6ghz, 1gb of ram and a 7600gs 512mb.

You'll notice a difference in some screenshots, some are taken with pretty much everything maxed out as far as the graphic options lets you, I'm pretty sure you can also enable/disable more things in the command, but I didn't. Of course this is all pretty much affected by my crappy graphics card. But it still looks pretty good, and didn't become unplayable, even at max I was getting a constant 15-20fps, with everything on medium it was playable around 35fps avg.

Heres where my own screenshots start. If you go back you'll see some screenshots as received in press releases or obtained from the official website. Enjoy ...

microAmp

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2000
Anyone get a pop up window on the 1st pic trying to sell DriveCleaner?

MarcVenice

Moderator Emeritus <br>
Apr 2, 2007
Heh micro, check your PC for spyware, I browse that website like 2 hours a day, and never got the DriveCleaner popup. It's annoying as hell though. But I'm 100% confident that we don't do popups, of any kind.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: microAmp
Anyone get a pop up window on the 1st pic trying to sell DriveCleaner?

Yeah, I got some sort of adult site notification too.

Sorry OP, maybe host the pics somewhere safe and I will check them out.

KT

MarcVenice

Moderator Emeritus <br>
Apr 2, 2007
Darnit, it must be because you guys are connecting from somewhere else. The site is legit as it can be, and I never had any nasty popups, this is weird...

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
i think Mem [and i] are also looking forward to it

i didn't have any problem with your site ... except that i am on dial-up

looks nice .. but where are the shadows?

MarcVenice

Moderator Emeritus <br>
Apr 2, 2007
turned of ? Haha, remember it's with my 7600gs, and it's craptacular :p Some screenshots are made with everything on high settings, including horizon, shadows, and 2 more thinks you can enable seperately. Others are taken when just playing the game on comforable settings.

MarcVenice

Moderator Emeritus <br>
Apr 2, 2007
74 screenshots, totaling 50mb. That's gonna take a heck of a long time to upload. I'll use something FTP like, shouldn't be any ads on there :p I'll also make a few new screenshots as soon as my 8800gts is in.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Got popups and redirects too, never saw anything about a videogame :(

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Pictures work fine for me. No pop ups or anything. Game looks alright.

Noema

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2005
Didn't get any popups and pictures work fine for me too.

Game looks great, but I'd like to see it in motion.

What res are you playing at?

Markbnj

Elite Member <br>Moderator Emeritus
Sep 16, 2005
www.markbetz.net
I looked at this website, nice screens. However, after a delay of a few seconds it attempted to launch MS Remote Data services for a file with a .dat extension. Might be legit and all, but it is anxiety-inducing behavior for a website that you're just driving by to glance at some pictures.

MarcVenice

Moderator Emeritus <br>
Apr 2, 2007
I'd dare saying you guys should get FF or something that blocks pop-ups. But, as far as I'm concerned the website doesn't do popups. All we have is google ads, and that's it. Pop ups scare away potential visitors. Nonetheless, I'll see what I can do to get the screenshots somewhere else.

I'm playing at 1024*786, sadly enough thats the highest resolution my monitor will do ;) Hoping to get a new one for my birthday in about a months time, aiming for 19inch. I'll make a video using fraps, haven't done it before though, so let's hope it works out :)

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Yeah, it worked on my home PC with FireFox and Adblock enabled. Screens look pretty darn nice btw!

KT

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
You mean people still use IE7 ?
--They deserve the pop-ups

i plan to pick 2Worlds up as soon as it is available in the US ... on the OP's recommendation
[if it sucks, i will learn Dutch and complain on his website]
:D

MarcVenice

Moderator Emeritus <br>
Apr 2, 2007
I read a pressrelease about the collectors edition today, together with a pretty nifty trailer. You can find it here: http://www.gamershell.com/news/39689.html

I ran into some trouble with the new PSU I ordered to go with my 8800gts, but I worked it out today and it's either shipping today or 2morrow, and thus arriving 2morrow or on thursday. Then I'll make my own FRAPS video of two worlds.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: apoppin
You mean people still use IE7 ?
--They deserve the pop-ups

Well I have a petition going around the office to try and get this changed, but when the reasoning is "so I can look at screenshots for a video game on some Dutch gaming website" the signatures are kind of tough to get. ;)

KT

MarcVenice

Moderator Emeritus <br>
Apr 2, 2007
Hmz, I tried making a movie with fraps, but it's obviously recording at 1024*786, and the movies are FFING huge !!! Like 125mb or bigger for 10-20 seconds or so, with 30 frames per second. I've gotta get them to be smaller, so I can upload them to youtube or something.