Two passengers' names match those of Al Qaeda suspects

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
Oh but the bomb scare and now this has *nothing* to do with anything.....it was the wind the brought down the plane....right....

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Babies and 90 year old women are on our "terror watch list".

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
"Terrorist watch lists are notoriously unreliable."

It's still way too early to draw any conclusions - first impressions and conjecture in disasters such as this are essentially disproved months later (with much less fanfare)

woodie1

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2000
As stated above, if this was terrorism you'd think they would have taken credit by now. Or, why haven't they taken credit?

dsity

Jan 5, 2005
did you guys not read the article?

However, Al Qaeda did not take responsibility for the 9/11 attacks for months afterward. That's not unusual, says Thomas. No one claimed responsibility immediately after the downing of Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland in 1988. A Libyan national was later convicted of conspiracy to plant a bomb on the plane and is serving a life sentence. "It's not unusual for there not to be an immediate claim," says Thomas. "Still, I'd temper all speculation until the black boxes are found."

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Patranus
Oh but the bomb scare and now this has *nothing* to do with anything.....it was the wind the brought down the plane....right....

who are you mister idle for 2 years 24 posts in the last day?

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
What a cunning plan to strike fear into the residents of South Atlantis!

Where's Patrick Duffy when you need him?

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: shiner
What a cunning plan to strike fear into the residents of South Atlantis!

Where's Patrick Duffy when you need him?

LOL'd heartily. :thumbsup:

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
While a name may be on the list; there are probably anywhere from a dozen to hundreds with the same name.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Atreus21
Originally posted by: LegendKiller
FEAR FEAR FEAR! TERROR TERROR TERROR!

I hope you won't have to eat your sarcasm.

Only a coward would fall for that, you're a coward, thus you fall for it. The Big Lie is nothing more than a tool to make you think you need protection. Since you're a bed wetting coward, you need it.

I work in Manhattan. Sure, thousands died, but the last thing I'd want is for other people take advantage of my death, give up freedoms, and "avenge" me.

Fucking jokes like you are the ones who give the government more power. Imaginary "safety" items, such as making babies take off their shoes in the airport and harassing people over a bottle of water is what it buys you.

Let me know when your balls drop. That is, if you even have a pair of raisins to drop into that tiny, constricted, sack of yours.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Genx87
Originally posted by: hellod9
There are 1,000,000+ people on the US "terror" watch list. With numbers that large we should be terrified of either the terrorists or the government. Which do you pick?

http://www.aclu.org/privacy/sp.../watchlistcounter.html

I pick govt. Probably just landed on that list for saying that.

Be afraid of the public's intolerance fr any terrorism, willing to accept authoritarian measures to 'protect us' when there's an attack.

Look at how it's assumed that Obama would absurdly be politically destroyed if there's an attack, with Bush and Cheney 'proven right' about something and Republicans returned.

That's a terrible political environment that pushes the government to do bad things to try to 'prevent an attack'.

Imagine if the public had no tolerance for murder and insisted it be practically eliminated - what steps would the government have to take to do that?

Want to do some good, sign up for the ACLU and encourage people to not lose their minds if there's an attack, to value their liberties, and to oppose the Cheney power grab.

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001

Only a coward would fall for that, you're a coward, thus you fall for it. The Big Lie is nothing more than a tool to make you think you need protection. Since you're a bed wetting coward, you need it.

I work in Manhattan. Sure, thousands died, but the last thing I'd want is for other people take advantage of my death, give up freedoms, and "avenge" me.

I'm beginning to think the (over)reaction to 9/11 was worse than 9/11 itself.

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
Look, it might just be coincidental but remember that there were BOMB THREATS against the plane.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Mursilis

Beginning? I've thought that the last 5 years.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Look, it might just be coincidental but remember that there were BOMB THREATS against the plane.

Link to proof about threats against that plane? I see general threats, which people say happen every once in a while.

bsobel

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Dec 9, 2001

No, there where bomb threat against a different flight 4 days prior. Bomb threats, unfortunately, are fairly common. The jet threatened was delayed and searched.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

The one thing I said right when 9/11 happened was that it was important our nation not let it change our nation for the worse, causing harm the terrorirts could not.

Unfortunately, the nation did just that, led by the exploitations of the Republican leaders, but the citizens were largely supporting them.

We need people to value rights and freedom over the panic if there's an attack. If there were an attack today, people should look to Obama, not Cheney, for the policy.

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005

It was planned out once 9/11 happened. The government took the opertunity offered by the attack and did a major power grab. It wasn't overreaction, it was designed. how do you think they had the patriot act so fast. It was sitting somewhere just waiting for an event such as 9/11.