Two legal CCW Holders Dead - Road Rage

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2013309190070

Police say two motorists are dead following a road-rage-fueled shooting at a car wash in Ionia.

The Sentinel-Standard of Ionia reports a 43-year-old man and a 56-year-old man pulled their vehicles into the driveway of the Wonder Wand Car Wash about 7 p.m. Wednesday and exchanged gunfire with handguns.

People at a nearby laundromat found both men laying on the ground and started performing CPR. Police say both died of their wounds.

One of the drivers had two passengers in his vehicle, but they weren’t hurt.

The victims have been identified as 56-year-old Robert Taylor and 43-year-old James Pullum. Both of the dead men are from Ionia, about 30 miles northwest of Lansing.

Police say the shooting stemmed from an earlier confrontation while they were driving in the area.

Investigators say both men had valid licenses to carry concealed weapons. The shooting is under investigation by Ionia police and others.

Things like this piss me off. Number one life is too fucking short to be so hell bent on exacting revenge when someone is tailgating you or cuts you off. IT'S NOT WORTH IT.

One or both of these two should not have been carrying that night. This might sound like a direct contradiction but this is one of the reasons why I still carry. Not because of crime (though I'd rather have it and never need it...) but because of knuckleheads like whichever of these two shitheads who escalated this to the point where they both started shooting to kill in a parking lot.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Concealed carry aside, god I wish people could learn to drive better. There are so many horribad drivers out there it's amazing. Forget giving speeding tickets. Police need to be in completely unmarked cars and giving bad driving tickets. Roads would be far safer...

Apr 27, 2012
There needs to be tighter restrictions on who can get a license. Too many idiots and bad drivers get them and they never get re-tested.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
Concealed carry aside, god I wish people could learn to drive better. There are so many horribad drivers out there it's amazing. Forget giving speeding tickets. Police need to be in completely unmarked cars and giving bad driving tickets. Roads would be far safer...

Its a product of the entitlement mentality. If we would go away from the belief of it being a right that everyone is entitled to and back to it being a privilege you have to earn by demonstrating actual competency, a lot less problems would occur.

Not everyone should be given a licence to drive just because they are a certain age and simply show a desire to have one.

BTW, same goes for conceal carry permits.

Paul98

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2010

This x 10^100

JockoJohnson

Golden Member
May 20, 2009
Showdown at the O.K. Corral roleplayed by two retards. A rare (or maybe not so rare) combination of horrible drivers, stupid angry people and guns.

GroundedSailor

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2001
Its a product of the entitlement mentality. If we would go away from the belief of it being a right that everyone is entitled to and back to it being a privilege you have to earn by demonstrating actual competency, a lot less problems would occur.

Not everyone should be given a licence to drive just because they are a certain age and simply show a desire to have one.

BTW, same goes for conceal carry permits.

Driving in the US is a privilege not a right.

Gun ownership, according to 2nd amendment proponents, is a right.

WackyDan

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004

This. People need to learn patience more than anything else. Everyone is competing for position on the roads... The other day while towing my 22 foot box trailer - one asshole pulled out in front of me because he didn't want to be behind me. * Note this was in heavy traffic and I was moving with traffic. I damn near had to lock up the trailer brakes... 5 minutes later another asshole cuts in front of me to get one position forward in the lane than he was before. That distance I had in front of me was my safety buffer for stopping all 16,000 pounds of vehicle and trailer.

People suck.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
I thought CCW was supposed to make for a more polite society? Isn't that the horseshit gun proponents spew when talking about the benefits of arming the population?

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Yeah man, this is so common here in Chicago traffic. People will cut off 3 lanes of gridlocked traffic to get over into the left lane for.......nothing. Crazy. The other one I love is, sit in left lane holding up left lane traffic, then, cause everyone to hit their brakes while you last minute move all the way right to exit right. But, the police will pull over someone doing 80 in traffic moving along at 75. Insanity...

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
I thought CCW was supposed to make for a more polite society? Isn't that the horseshit gun proponents spew when talking about the benefits of arming the population?

But this did make it more polite. Two impolite people are now removed from bothering society. So it worked, right?

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
Driving in the US is a privilege not a right.

Gun ownership, according to 2nd amendment proponents, is a right.

Correct on the first point, we just don't treat it that way for the most part.

As to your second, gun ownership is a right, conceal carry isn't. Each state is able to decide the extent of that privilege.

WackyDan

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004

Indeed. There are plenty of people who have CCW permits who should not have them. They take the course, pass it, pass the background check, the medical check, and they get their permits.

When I took the course, there was a guy in the room with horrible safety discipline. He was warned multiple times and then told that one more time and he would be booted out of the class. He quite simply was fucking stupid. There was another couple of guys that based on the nature of their questions regarding scenarios and using deadly force were the Rambo wanna-be types. Most of the class was attentive and took the training very seriously.

The vast majority of CCW holders are not these two guys though.

drebo

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
This is a great outcome...now we don't have to spend millions on legal battles and incarceration.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Indeed. There are plenty of people who have CCW permits who should not have them. They take the course, pass it, pass the background check, the medical check, and they get their permits.

When I took the course, there was a guy in the room with horrible safety discipline. He was warned multiple times and then told that one more time and he would be booted out of the class. He quite simply was fucking stupid. There was another couple of guys that based on the nature of their questions regarding scenarios and using deadly force were the Rambo wanna-be types. Most of the class was attentive and took the training very seriously.

The vast majority of CCW holders are not these two guys though.

I'm sure you're right but I'm also sure that there is no shortage of Rambo wanna-be types either. Those are the idiots who concern me.

GroundedSailor

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2001

Things like this piss me off. Number one life is too fucking short to be so hell bent on exacting revenge when someone is tailgating you or cuts you off. IT'S NOT WORTH IT.

One or both of these two should not have been carrying that night. This might sound like a direct contradiction but this is one of the reasons why I still carry. Not because of crime (though I'd rather have it and never need it...) but because of knuckleheads like whichever of these two shitheads who escalated this to the point where they both started shooting to kill in a parking lot.

Don't be calling them sh**heads and other such derogatory terms. I'm sure they were fie upstanding citizens with CC permits. Good thing they had their guns with them to defend themselves against gun violence... Oh wait.

A wonderful tale of unintended consequences and Darwin in action.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006

I agree completely. Neither of these men should have been carrying, and although their families have my sympathy there is a certain symmetrical beauty in their killing each other. It's like synchronized Darwin Awards.

My wife gets irritated when I don't blow the horn after someone cuts me off. I tell her my horn is to prevent people from hitting me, not to express my irritation. I have a temper - as most people do - but it's very easy to simply let things go. I am an adult, and I am in control of my own emotions; I simply choose to let it go. Don't mean nothin', and in the end I'm happier and healthier for it. As you say, life's too short to take such things seriously.

WackyDan

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
I'm sure you're right but I'm also sure that there is no shortage of Rambo wanna-be types either. Those are the idiots who concern me.

As they concern responsible gun owners too. Guys like these irritate the living fuck out of me...

Similar to my brother who is a gun owner but doesn't have a gun vault. His response to that? "The locks on my front door are my gun safe". You can't fix stupid... And unfortunately stupid doesn't correct itself as often enough and stupid breeds far more often than not.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Don't be calling them sh**heads and other such derogatory terms. I'm sure they were fie upstanding citizens with CC permits. Good thing they had their guns with them to defend themselves against gun violence... Oh wait.

A wonderful tale of unintended consequences and Darwin in action.
ROFLMFAO!!!!! This is truly a heartwarming comedy.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
I look forward to many, many more episodes like this as the populace become increasingly armed in public. And the mantra we'll continue to hear from the gun nuts is that guns will keep you safe, to defend yourself.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
I look forward to many, many more episodes like this as the populace become increasingly armed in public. And the mantra we'll continue to hear from the gun nuts is that guns will keep you safe, to defend yourself.

LOL crime rates and gun violence stats disagree with your opinion.

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006

Concealed carry permit holders are statistically more law abiding than the general population.

But don't let facts get in the way of your emotionally charged bitch fit.