Two girls attacked with acid for being Jewish

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Whiskey16

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2011
Mosques in Britain, run by British citizens, and frequented by British citizens.

There are British Muslims. Deal with it.
You are responding to Geosurface, as Anders Breivik, is a violent and radical white supremacist whose mass killing proposals go well past the misrepresented maiming of the OP:

Originally Posted by Geosurface
I reflect that I would have absolutely no problem with every European nation putting out a message saying if you're first or second generation Muslim immigrant, depart now. You have one week, after which time the army of each nation will simply enter the heavily Muslim districts with a shoot on sight policy.

Originally Posted by Geosurface
Exactly. The upper hand will be gained by them [Muslim immigrant population] in the near future if through no other means, then through birth rate alone.

So this is why I say, violence may be the only answer.

I know it seems harsh, but I truly believe the choice is between doing some really, really distasteful shit (killing lots, and lots of people) or watching European civilization, culture, and tradition be utterly wiped out or nearly so.

To me, the killing sounds better.
Honest perspective for whom you are responding to is quite important, NTMKB.

This forum has become a tolerating home to some of the worst of humanity, and never should Geosurface receive reprieve for his repeated calls for extreme violence and radical xenophobia. As he continues to present prejudicially bigoted views, we should all be fully aware of what an extreme individual we are dealing with.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
this is what your obama wants to bring to the US under immigration reform.

StrangerGuy

Diamond Member
May 9, 2004
Oh, definitely agreed. We should start by hunting down and prosecuting the right-wing terrorists who keep leaving bombs outside British mosques.

Yes, because you clearly can't do both at the same time and two wrongs make a right.

Whiskey16 said:
This forum has become a tolerating home to some of the worst of humanity

And a certain racist/bigot/xenophobic modern day witch hunter.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
You are responding to Geosurface, as Anders Breivik, is a violent and radical white supremacist whose mass killing proposals go well past the misrepresented maiming of the OP

You are a completely ridiculous individual.

You have quoted the same couple of posts from me (from months ago) every time you can come up with the slightest excuse to, and you make absolutely absurd comparisons like to Anders Breivik.

It is completely baseless to call me "violent" as I have never harmed another person in my life, nor would I.

I have repeatedly apologized for the very posts you insist on continuing to quote, and explained that they were made at a point when my worldview on matters such as immigration, etc was shifting dramatically. I've explained that when you're undergoing a dramatic shift in your worldview in that way, you can get carried away in how you express things. If you've gone your entire life not considering something a threat to the future of civilization, and then you feel as though your eyes have just opened to it, it can feel like a bigger and more imperative issue than it would to someone who has felt that way for years.

There are people who fully disagree with my points of view, but who are infinitely more reasonable and rational than yourself, who expressed understanding when I explained those considerations, and when I apologized for the extreme nature of those posts. A few people even thanked me for being honest about that, and for having humility and self-reflection.

Then there's you... you aren't interested in understanding why anyone you disagree with feels the way they do, or in having any sort of discussion with them. You just follow them around and take the same, recycled, tired pot shots at them every chance you get, in an attempt to poison anyone else's attempts at actual discussion with that person. Your agenda is thought control and censorship, plain and simple.

Why bother to actually have a discussion with someone you disagree with, when it's so much more fun and easy to just spew "He is teh Anderz Brevik!" and then run off after having rolled that conversational grenade into the thread?

"Witch hunter" is quite apt.

Whiskey16

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2011
Yes, because you clearly can't do both at the same time and two wrongs make a right.

And a certain racist/bigot/xenophobic modern day witch hunter.
By all means, defend one who calls for white nations, forced deportations, and to shoot people in the streets, if you so wish. Hell, why stop with simply tossing acid when generalised targets can be slaughtered?

StrangerGuy, well done on aligning yourself with a criminally inclined and violently extremist camp.

StrangerGuy

Diamond Member
May 9, 2004
By all means, defend one who calls for white nations, forced deportations, and to shoot people in the streets, if you so wish. Hell, why stop with simply tossing acid when generalised targets can be slaughtered?

StrangerGuy, well done on aligning yourself with a criminally inclined and violently extremist camp.

Hahaha, don't give your too much credit though, as if we are going to take your 800+ posts of the same dumb non-arguments with any ounce of consideration.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
Ah, he defendeth the witch!

Hath thou not been sighted thine own self, in congress with the devil a fortnight ago, StrangerGuy?

Verily, who would defend a witch but another witch!

Whiskey16

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2011
Hahaha, don't give your too much credit though, as if we are going to take your 800+ posts of the same dumb non-arguments with any ounce of consideration.
Even when being hand-held, with the quotes glaring for you to read, honesty and critical thinking illusive for some.

What an immoral shambles this forum society (Stormfront is too often quite an apt parallel) is when the racist, radically xenophobic, white-supremacist, violent and criminally inclined extremist likes such as Georsurface have too many defenders and too many willing to attack those who justly call a spade-a-spade.

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
Two good rules of thumb for traveling are don't go to Africa and don't go to countries with a significant Muslim population.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
What an immoral shambles this forum society is

I know, right?

What a horrible place it is when people are allowed to slip up and frame things in an extreme way, then apologize for it, and they aren't burned at a virtual stake for it while you salivate and cheer from the crowd with a hard on and crazy-eyes.

Frankly, I think these forums are beneath you. You shouldn't allow them to besmirch your name any further, might be time to go to the loving embrace of DailyKos, Huffington Post, or any number of other free speech dead zone, liberal circle-jerk outlets the internet is home to.

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011

I live in Britain, and I know what the biggest threat to a stable society with freedom of religion is, right now- terrorist plots to murder people at their place of worship. It's an expression of the same sort of dumb religion-incited hatred that led to this horrific acid attack in Africa.

Caravaggio

Aug 3, 2013
Pathetic but that is what you open yourself up to when you go to a 3rd world shit hold like Africa.
People should know better that there is no rule of law in that place.
That being said, perpetrators should be executed.

Firstly, our thoughts will be with the girls and their families. May they have a swift recovery.

But to say that the whole continent of Africa is a "shithole" is alarmingly dismissive. I have travelled in Africa and have never experienced serious aggression directed to me as a tourist. Most travellers would regard Zanzibar as safe, so this recent attack is likely to stem from the arrival there of an Islamic hothead preacher Issa Ponder, who has been arrested.
Nor am I convinced that the attack was because the girls are Jewish. There was an incident some days before the attack which might have been perceived as culturally insensitive. Of course this is no justification for the outrage.
Acid attacks on young women are usually associated with India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. Rejected suitors see this as an act of vengeance on the girl who exerts her right to choose who she wants.

I have been around the world a couple of times and the only place where we were actually attacked was near Oakland Calif. You would be rightly annoyed if I described the whole of the US as a 'shithole' on the basis of this chance event. Of course there are danger spots in Africa and I would give Libya, Somalia and south Sudan a miss. I would probably avoid Flint, Michigan for the same reason.

The vast majority of folk we have encountered have been polite and some Africans have gone out of their way to be helpful.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
Jews have a fairly distinct physical appearance.

It's often not hard to tell when someone is Jewish.

Ummmm.....I have personal friends who were Jewish and they didn't like anymore different than the next pale face. So I have to strongly disagree here because this is not true for all Jewish people.

Nov 30, 2006
They were volunteer teachers at a Christian school...it's likely that the two Muslim attackers thought they were Christian, not Jewish.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
They were volunteer teachers at a Christian school...it's likely that the two Muslim attackers thought they were Christian, not Jewish.

It may also not matter what religion they were. We are talking about young women teaching, and Islam tends to frown upon women being educated.

Nov 30, 2006
It may also not matter what religion they were. We are talking about young women teaching, and Islam tends to frown upon women being educated.
This area is 99% Muslim with radical elements. There has also been several prior attacks against Christians. Just making an educated guess.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Oh, definitely agreed. We should start by hunting down and prosecuting the right-wing terrorists who keep leaving bombs outside British mosques.
Um, point of order. The people who leave bombs outside mosques are usually also Muslim.

Darkman

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2013
So they are f*cking with the Jews now again .. that's BS! .... :twisted:

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005

They thought they were uppity western white girls that dared to sing during Ramadan and speak their mind which the misogynistic men consider a cultural/religious danger in that part of the world.

This is no different than black people and their supporters being attacked during the Jim Crow/segregation era for daring to speak their mind against the white/KKK establishment for the injustices back then, some even paid with their lives.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippi_civil_rights_workers_murders

Ataturk had it right, too bad western countries like the USA would rather look the other way in order to get their cheap oil which is directly and indirectly the financial backbone of all radical Islam proliferation.

Ottoman practice discouraged social interaction between men and women in keeping with Islamic practice of sex segregation. Mustafa Kemal began developing social reforms very early, as was evident in his personal journal. He and his staff discussed issues like abolishing the veiling of women and the integration of women into the outside world.

The clue on how he was planning to tackle the issue was stated in his journal on November 1915;

“ The social change can come by (1) educating capable mothers who are knowledgeable about life; (2) giving freedom to women; (3) a man can change his morals, thoughts, and feelings by leading a common life with a woman; as there is an inborn tendency towards the attraction of mutual affection.[83] ”

Mustafa Kemal needed a new civil code to establish his second major step of giving freedom to women. The first part was the education of girls and was established with the unification of education. On 4 October 1926, the new Turkish civil code passed. It was modelled after the Swiss Civil Code. Under the new code, women gained equality with men in such matters as inheritance and divorce. Mustafa Kemal did not consider gender a factor in social organization.

According to his view, society marched towards its goal with men and women united. He believed that it was scientifically impossible for him to achieve progress and to become civilized if the gender separation continued as in Ottoman times.[84] During a meeting he declaimed:

“ To the women: Win for us the battle of education and you will do yet more for your country than we have been able to do. It is to you that I appeal.

To the men: If henceforward the women do not share in the social life of the nation, we shall never attain to our full development. We shall remain irremediably backward, incapable of treating on equal terms with the civilizations of the West.[85]

LightPattern

Feb 18, 2013
I know, right?

What a horrible place it is when people are allowed to slip up and frame things in an extreme way, then apologize for it, and they aren't burned at a virtual stake for it while you salivate and cheer from the crowd with a hard on and crazy-eyes.

Frankly, I think these forums are beneath you. You shouldn't allow them to besmirch your name any further, might be time to go to the loving embrace of DailyKos, Huffington Post, or any number of other free speech dead zone, liberal circle-jerk outlets the internet is home to.

Your point is forums, but there's TV as well.
I used to really enjoy The Daily Show and The Colbert Report until the audience laughter started sounding outright rabid after any attacks on the right were made. It's hard not to visualize the crowd's teeth & eyes now... really ruins what could otherwise be a good time.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
I used to really enjoy The Daily Show and The Colbert Report until the audience laughter started sounding outright rabid after any attacks on the right were made. It's hard not to visualize the crowd's teeth & eyes now... really ruins what could otherwise be a good time.

I used to be a huge fan of both shows as well, I was quite a hard core liberal as of 2 years ago, or less.

I can still get some enjoyment out of those programs when my gf wants to watch them and I don't want to be a douche and prevent her from doing so, so I try to enjoy them still... but yea, it is harder. It will be harder still, now that I'll be listening for what you just described.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

I assume you will maintain that attitude during the next Republican debate when the audience boos gay soldiers and cheers executions.