Two dead in apparent street racing crash...UPDATE

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: mpitts
This is obviously Vin Diesel's fault.

YES! A sycophant for me!

All of the attitude exhibited by young people today, along with the need to make a $12K econobox car look like a $40K GT car can be blamed directly on the movie "The Fast and the Furious" and it's star, Vin Diesel.

gordy

Jan 26, 2003
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Wow. An article that doesn't instantly blame 2F2F? :Q

- M4H

good Lord, a piece of excrement of a movie like that doesn't deserve to be acronymized...

and i agree redly1, Darwin

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Originally posted by: mpitts
This is obviously Vin Diesel's fault.

If this is how some kids get motivated then so be it. I was 19 at the time I saw the first movie, however I didn't go racing down the parkway at 100 Mph into traffic.

Why do these kids have licenses anyway? If I had a kid that I just learned raced down a road, I would either take his car away or kick him out of my house. If the justice system is too busy giving people tickets for going 5 mph over the limit, then maybe I should take matters in my own hands.

Ime

Diamond Member
May 3, 2001
So daddy gave his 16 year old keys to the Explorer... was he nuts?!

When I was sixteen, my dad gave me a beat up used car that go barely go 70mph, and only if I kept it floored for over a minute.

It was a good thing too, because I wrecked it in no time. :disgust:

Ime

Diamond Member
May 3, 2001
Originally posted by: GroundZero
we need more of these jackasses to start racing...
time to cull the herd!

So killing an innocent mother of six is your idea of "culling the herd"?

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: GroundZero
we need more of these jackasses to start racing...
time to cull the herd!

As long as they do it out in the desert or something...keep me and my family FAR from their stupidity.

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
WHat sucks is, if street racing crashes are on the rise that means suckage for the rest of us in insurance rates.