Two 101st AB US Black Hawk Helicopters Down in Northern Iraq; at least 17 dead, RPG Attack Suspected

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: PainTrain
What violet said definately made me bristle, those are American's who are fulfilling their oath to protect our nation. Unfortunately, no one is protecting them from those who would complacently toss these soldiers lives away in the pursuit of some political goal.

Here's an idea, before we allow our government to do this again (preemptive, non-defensive, ideological, unpopular warfare) why not create a new branch of the military created specifically for those who wish to die for the democratizaiton of our world. That way soldiers can know what they're signing their lives away for. And btw, it would be mandatory for all political office holders to spend a tour in this branch before thay can be elected to office. Now wouldn't that be nice?
Text

maluckey

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2003
Hey PainTrain! Here's a thought..... Our military is 100 percent volunteer. You get to choose the job you want. If they don't have your job available, you don't have to join. ALL combat troops CHOSE to be combat troops, and the cooks chose to be cooks. It shows that you know nothing about the military, and have questionable credibility at best, in these matters.

Leave the military thinking to those that understand how it works.

PainTrain

Jun 22, 2003
Touche maluckey, I hope I remember that pearl of wisdom when it comes time reeninlist. .
rolleye.gif

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
12-9-2003 U.S. Copter shot down near Fallujah, Iraq

A U.S. helicopter was shot down Tuesday by a rocket-propelled grenade near the town of Fallujah west of Baghdad, witnesses said.

The U.S. military said it had heard unconfirmed reports of the incident and was trying to confirm them.

A witness said two helicopters were flying in formation near Fallujah, 35 miles west of the capital, when one was struck by a grenade fired from the ground. It went down immediately, the witness said.

Edit: Fortunately the pilot was able to "Auto-Rotate" the Copter down in a Controlled landing. No Injuries.