Info Twitter Shens- a daily starting place for the madness.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
With Twitter being an important part of Trump's morning spewing of what he believes, perhaps this will serve for him and other foolishness if people are inclined to post/comment.

12/16/2018

A wonderful SNL skit based on "It's a Wonderful Life". Here Trump is being his TV counterpart and argues for the courts to attack the First because they make fun and mock him.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
With Twitter being an important part of Trump's morning spewing of what he believes, perhaps this will serve for him and other foolishness if people are inclined to post/comment.

12/16/2018

A wonderful SNL skit based on "It's a Wonderful Life". Here Trump is being his TV counterpart and argues for the courts to attack the First because they make fun and mock him.

Thankfully this is unlikely to lead anywhere, but it is a not-so-friendly reminder that Trump would gladly ban all speech critical of him if it weren't for that pesky First Amendment.

Also, someone want to tell him that comedians are allowed to express pointed opinions, however 'unfair' they are to one side?

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Also, someone want to tell him that comedians are allowed to express pointed opinions, however 'unfair' they are to one side?

I might also be worth pointing out to him that SNL is not news. He seems to be a little confused on that topic.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I might also be worth pointing out to him that SNL is not news. He seems to be a little confused on that topic.

Well, that's the thing, isn't it? Comedy is not libel unless it's making serious claims that are known to be false, and "but they hurt my feelings" definitely doesn't reach that standard.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Returning to the bleatings of our own Buffoon-in-Chief, his lips trembling with rage, while emitting a muffled sibilant gibberish:

Don the Con:

"Remember, Michael Cohen only became a “Rat” after the FBI did something which was absolutely unthinkable & unheard of until the Witch Hunt was illegally started. They BROKE INTO AN ATTORNEY’S OFFICE! Why didn’t they break into the DNC to get the Server, or Crooked’s office?"

"The Russian Witch Hunt Hoax, started as the “insurance policy” long before I even got elected, is very bad for our Country. They are Entrapping people for misstatements, lies or unrelated things that took place many years ago. Nothing to do with Collusion. A Democrat Scam!"

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Well, that's the thing, isn't it? Comedy is not libel unless it's making serious claims that are known to be false, and "but they hurt my feelings" definitely doesn't reach that standard.

And since anything that is intended to be comedy or satire is automatically not considered to be serious, by definition, they can't raise to the level required for libel. Comedy is pretty much automatically considered to be opinion, and which is protected.

Trump says this should be tested in court, but I honestly can't think of something that has been better tested. One would think that Trump would remember Hustler Magazine v. Falwell . If SCOTUS could not find fault with Hustler magazine saying that a popular TV Preacher has sex with his mom, I doubt they are going to rule against SNL.

Now shows like John Oliver could be in more trouble, they make more of a show of being a 'news show' and claim to do journalistic reporting along with their comedy, but even if the courts rules that the the comedy aspect of the show was overridden by their news like appearance Trump would still have a pretty high bar to clear. Just being critical is not enough for defamation, even being untrue is not enough, you have to also show that they knew at the time is was untrue and still published it with intent of malice. Taken altogether it is a bar almost impossible to rise to for a show that is mostly comedy.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
His language skills have been going up in smock. I'm waiting for him to call the Mueller investigation a witch c**t .

He actually just now reposted the same tweet with the spelling correction. Deleted the previous one. He just doesn't get how the internet works.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Another day, another imaginary victory...

Don the Con - "We have defeated ISIS in Syria, my only reason for being there during the Trump Presidency".

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Another day, another imaginary victory...

Don the Con - "We have defeated ISIS in Syria, my only reason for being there during the Trump Presidency".
He could just declare that his work here is done & resign, ride off into the sunset.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
I think Twitter is a poison to the world and is reinforcing a short attention span, read the headlines only mentality. There’s no substance anymore, only 144 character blips. People cringe at the idea of a wall of text. America is becoming dumber.

Reactions: cytg111

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I think Twitter is a poison to the world and is reinforcing a short attention span, read the headlines only mentality. There’s no substance anymore, only 144 character blips. People cringe at the idea of a wall of text. America is becoming dumber.

So dumb they post threads about stupid Daily Mail articles with click bait titles. So please do go on about how America is becoming dumber.

Your willful ignorance and easily duped nature is the real problem in this country. Maybe you should work on that some instead of bitching about twitter.

Last edited:

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
The title was accurate and was the article not? You seem to be attacking the source not the substance. Please do go on as well.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
The title was accurate and was the article not? You seem to be attacking the source not the substance. Please do go on as well.

You seem to have a long history of using poor sources with misleading stories. And yes when the source is consistently poor it deserves great skepticism.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
A non answer. Nothing was inaccurate about the title nor the article nor my post. This isn’t the thread for it though, would be happy to continue in that one.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

None of this is true. You believing yourself to be correct about a thing does not make that thing true.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

And Trump is the master of it.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Last dozen hours or so have been "productive" and he's still going on. What do I want for Christmas? I'd like to see the 25th invoked on the 25th of December.

Dear Santa...

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Again, there’s a thread for that I would be happy to converse in :)

Except you appear to have bailed on it several days before your post and never did really address the questions raised in it.

But sure whatever you're really serious about discussing it.

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
I was under the impression that trump should not be deleting his tweets.. as they are him acting as a president.. but he deleted this one today..

dt.JPG

He was doing a function in the White house so it should be part of official communication.. right?