Twitter permanently bans Gay Conservative Milo Yiannopoulos for mocking a Ghostbuster

Page 24 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
In this case, being as offensive as possible is evidently what his followers want. It just so happens that twitter isn't the right platform for that.

Oh no, twitter is a perfectly fine platform for being as offensive and vile as you want, provided you are part of the favored groups with the correct political views. Otherwise, then no, twitter is no place for you.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Oh no, twitter is a perfectly fine platform for being as offensive and vile as you want, provided you are part of the favored groups with the correct political views. Otherwise, then no, twitter is no place for you.

Pointing out that your sort are pretty racist and misogynistic is simply a fact, regardless of how offended you might by it.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Pointing out that your sort are pretty racist and misogynistic is simply a fact, regardless of how offended you might by it.

I'm not at all offended by whatever lies you want to make up.....

And, even if that were true, you're still missing the point. If they truly wanted to clean house and not allow that kind of stuff on their service, they could apply that standard across the board. Instead, they applied the standard only to conservatives.

Another example of it: some lady tweeted the exact same tweet as Leslie Jones (word for word), and got banned for it. Jones is still not only spewing her racist trash, twitter is actively supporting her in doing so.

Yeah, great recipe for growing your user base :D

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
I'm not at all offended by whatever lies you want to make up.....

And, even if that were true, you're still missing the point. If they truly wanted to clean house and not allow that kind of stuff on their service, they could apply that standard across the board. Instead, they applied the standard only to conservatives.

Another example of it: some lady tweeted the exact same tweet as Leslie Jones (word for word), and got banned for it. Jones is still not only spewing her racist trash, twitter is actively supporting her in doing so.

Yeah, great recipe for growing your user base :D

You still don't understand the situation. Here's a troll siccing a rather large racist fanbase on a celeb which is the lifeblood of the service. Of course they're going to do something about it. Milo simply played his cards wrong and paid for it, such is life. He knows this, but the dummy fans can't figure it out so he continues telling them what they want to hear, that this is some kind of stalinist purge or something.

As an example of just how dumb they are, they can't figure out that the same words said by different people in different context might have differing meaning & thus consequences. At some point I suppose they'll come around to own stupidity and will accuse twitter of bias against idiots.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
For a guy who trashes Twitter non-stop on his Breitbart blog, he sure is desperate to get back on it.

Nov 8, 2012
feminism

Pronunciation: /ˈfɛmɪnɪz(ə)m/
noun

[mass noun] The advocacy of women’s rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/feminism

Chances are, if ya are against women's rights, that you think they shouldn't be considered equal members of society, ya are a sexist dickbag.

And yer stance is clear on the subject. Also rather quaint that ya avoided the fact you postulated some whacked out, sexist, global man-hating conspiracy seeking to destroy freedom of speech.

So tell me again, since Feminism is advocating for equality, why aren't they advocating that college's bring in more males? I mean, currently women hold the majority with something around the ballpark of 60% of students in college. Shouldn't they, you know... be advocating for EQUALITY?

Orrrrrrrr is it in actuality a bunch of bullshit, similar to black lives matter movement?

MajinCry

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2015
So tell me again, since Feminism is advocating for equality, why aren't they advocating that college's bring in more males? I mean, currently women hold the majority with something around the ballpark of 60% of students in college. Shouldn't they, you know... be advocating for EQUALITY?

Orrrrrrrr is it in actuality a bunch of bullshit, similar to black lives matter movement?

Take that up with the colleges. Are they actively discriminating against males, discouraging them from coming entering higher education? Are males just not applying? Are females generally better educated than males, thusly getting picked over their male counterparts?

And it's rather odd, that you call feminism a bunch of bullshit. I'd have thought that, being in favour of women being on equal ground with men, would be a good thing.

Sounds like you have a couple o' issues to deal with. And judgin' from that last bit about BLM, I think you may be giving a wee bit too much insight intae yer thought process.

Edit: Also, you should give this a read. https://www.theguardian.com/education/2016/may/12/university-gender-gap-scandal-thinktank-men

Men continue to dominate subjects such as engineering and technology, physical sciences, computer science, architecture and mathematical sciences, while some of the increase in women’s participation in higher education can be explained by a shift to graduate entry for female-dominated careers such as nursing and teaching.

Earlier educational attainment is a key factor behind the gender disparity, the report says, with girls outperforming boys in primary and secondary education. It says boys “work less hard at school”, are more likely to play video games and spend time on the internet and are less likely to read for pleasure.

Another factor is that there is a greater financial incentive for women to go to university. Female graduates earn three times as much as women without a degree, while male graduates earn around twice as much as other men.

Funny that you made it out to be some sort of black-and-white, us-vs-them conspiracy, when it's a much deeper societal issue. If men make a "good enough" wage with a lesser education, whereas women don't, naturally women are going to be more focused on getting a better education.

etc. etc.

Last edited:

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011

Hmm, you're suggesting that people who are believe that women don't have equal rights, treatment and/or opportunities should spend their time ensuring that men have more opportunities?

Perhaps MLK didn't believe in equality because he only spent time trying to secure rights for black people? Or maybe aid workers in foreign countries aren't interested in equality because they're spending all their time helping the needy? Or that those who help the homeless are secretly HOMELESS PEOPLE SUPREMACISTS!!1?

<facepalm>

I'm curious though, do you honestly think that someone who considers themself to be a feminist hasn't ever helped other people in some way? Or does that person somehow stop being a feminist when that happens?

Last edited:

Blue_Max

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2011
Hmm, you're suggesting that people who are believe that women don't have equal rights, treatment and/or opportunities should spend their time ensuring that men have more

This is an important point easily overlooked.

Western feminists truly believe they're NOT equal, thus have to fight/demand more in order to gain "equality". This thought never leaves their heads, even when it's plainly evident they have MORE than men do, and have the upper hand in almost every situation.

...but it's useless to point out every advantage they have. The greek chorus of "we're oppressed" will still be sung no matter how large their advantage grows because it's a powerful song that continues to bring in the goodies.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009

Western feminists truly believe they're NOT equal, thus have to fight/demand more in order to gain "equality". This thought never leaves their heads, even when it's plainly evident they have MORE than men do, and have the upper hand in almost every situation.

...but it's useless to point out every advantage they have. The greek chorus of "we're oppressed" will still be sung no matter how large their advantage grows because it's a powerful song that continues to bring in the goodies.

What drugs are you taking? I sure want some..... :p

Then again, on second thought, forget about the drugs since they are obviously causing a major psychosis in you, manifested by delusions, hallucinations, talking incoherently, and agitation.

Last edited:

MajinCry

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2015
What drugs are you taking? I sure want some..... :p

Then again, on second thought, forget about the drugs since they are obviously causing a major psychosis in you, manifested by delusions, hallucinations, talking incoherently, and agitation.

I still say he should take some Xanax.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016

Have you considered the possibility that the women who've gotten the upper hand on you in life were simply better?

Just because a guy who isn't very good keeps losing to women doesn't necessarily mean the latter have some kind of structural advantage.

Ancalagon44

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2010
Women have the upper hand in the following areas:
Prison sentences
Chance of committing suicide
Chance of death from dangerous jobs
Custody battles
Divorce battles
Education

Men have the advantage in:
Career path and total money earned
About as likely to be a victim of domestic violence, but less likely to be dangerously injured because of domestic violence (according to stats on domestic violence)

The thing to note is that feminism doesn't bother to ask itself when it will no longer be necessary. It assumes it always will be, and thus pushes for more and more power to women, even if that comes at the expense of men and even families. This is why, despite claims to the contrary, feminism is not really about gender equality.

Also it is interesting to note that people assume that someone who is against feminism, is also against gender equality. I'm fully for gender equality - which is why I don't support feminism.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Women have the upper hand in the following areas:
Prison sentences
Chance of committing suicide
Chance of death from dangerous jobs
Custody battles
Divorce battles
Education

Men have the advantage in:
Career path and total money earned
About as likely to be a victim of domestic violence, but less likely to be dangerously injured because of domestic violence (according to stats on domestic violence)

The thing to note is that feminism doesn't bother to ask itself when it will no longer be necessary. It assumes it always will be, and thus pushes for more and more power to women, even if that comes at the expense of men and even families. This is why, despite claims to the contrary, feminism is not really about gender equality.

Also it is interesting to note that people assume that someone who is against feminism, is also against gender equality. I'm fully for gender equality - which is why I don't support feminism.

You make it seems as if these are lists of similar things.

As mentioned numerous times, the shrill bitching about feminism outscreams actual feminism. The irony of the matter is there are far more sjw counterparts in the alt-right than what they're copying.

MajinCry

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2015
You make it seems as if these are lists of similar things.

As mentioned numerous times, the shrill bitching about feminism outscreams actual feminism. The irony of the matter is there are far more sjw counterparts in the alt-right than what they're copying.

He probably believes it to. And he touted the same gender-warring-conspiracy that Blue Max is fondly attached to.

Lord almighty.

Naubel

Aug 1, 2016

Well said.

SViscusi

Golden Member
Apr 12, 2000

So you're dismissing feminism because when gender equality is achieved you think feminists are going to demand more rights than men? The contortions you're going through to dismiss feminism is astounding.

Rather than be appalled at slut shaming, entrenched sexism in the halls of power, continued attacks on females control of their own reproductive systems, a massive wage gap, among dozens of other issues, you're worried that women are going to want more than their own share. You've really lost your moral bearings.