Twisted Metal 2

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
Does anyone else remember this game and how much fun it use to be ? To bad they can't release up to date versions with high quality graphics.

ZzZGuy

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2006
I loved it as a kid, but isn't this a playstation (1) game?

Side note, my favorite car was the Humvee as it turned good and had good firepower.

BassBomb

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2005
Originally posted by: ZzZGuy

Side note, my favorite car was the Humvee as it turned good and had good firepower.

Also on PC.. I had it

When I got Win 98 or something it stopped working

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
It was definately the best of the series. Never played the first one, and III and Black were just ok. Not nearly as fun as the second one. I played this more than any other PS1 game at the time. It's one of the only games I enjoyed playing two player with til this day...

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
Originally posted by: BassBomb
Originally posted by: ZzZGuy

Also on PC.. I had it

When I got Win 98 or something it stopped working

Works fine on Windows Vista 64 bit here.

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
I played Twisted Metal 2 a lot as well. Do you remember the falling ice level? That was one of my favorite maps!

Inferno0032

Golden Member
Mar 26, 2007
Loved all those games, twisted metal black is still fun for me to pick up and play every now and then. It would be awesome to get a new one someday, perhaps "Death Race" will spark a new one?

L337Llama

Mar 30, 2003
I love this game. I liked the motorcycle and the level where you are on the hotel room. You can drop into the pool and find a guy swimming and blow him up!

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
This game was incredible. I'm glad their are other people out there who remember how sweet it was. Also did you guys play road rash 3? That was the other most bad ass old school game that needs to be resurrected.

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001
I played the living crap out of that game... It was buggy as hell.. the controls were sluggish..

but you were in vehicles that blow each other up!!! BADASS.

My favorite vehicle was the one (Spectre I think) that was a fast car.. but not the race car..

We need a new game like that..

manko

Golden Member
May 27, 2001
I remember the original as the first "open world" 3d driving combat game I played where you could go all over the place instead of being locked on a limited track, sort of like a precursor to GTA3. Rooftops were great. Good times.

skyofavalon

Jul 11, 2007
I use too rule everyone in VS with Union. I remember liking the single player better in the first one for some reason.I use to rent PS1 from blockbuster before I finnaly got one.Twisted metal was great.

Gibsons

Lifer
Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: angry hampster
AXLE

I think Axle originated "boo-yah!" He was fun to play.

Lets see if I can remember the levels from memory:

LA - freeway around a flat center, with a radio/shock tower

Amazon - lava! easy level if you hide in one of the buildings. Have to kill minion at the end, but still easy if you hide.

Paris - you could blow up the eifell tower and use it to get on the rooftops

Moscow - very small, nowhere to hide, just a bowl shape with some ramps that usually got blown up

New York - rooftops, with the pool, and fun to knock people off with the bowling balls

Antarctica - the falling ice. eventually only two areas were safe from collapse. Bowling balls were great here too.

Amsterdam - huge field with tons of bad guys and couple of windmills that would get blown up. Need more health!

Hong Kong - huge map with the subways, tough to kill dark tooth at the end. Easier if you're good with freezes. There was a big ballroom where you could shock people too.

I remember playing forever trying to finish it as Sweet Tooth. Very hard because you can't save. You couldn't save as Minion either, but he was the most powerful vehicle.