twin draft guard? good?

Semidevil

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2002
I saw this advetised on TV.

twin draft guard

Usually, I dont believe as seen on TV stuff, but this time, this interested me a bit.

I went to amazon and it actually got not so bad reviews.

anyone use one of this before? Does it work for you?

Im just concerend about the following:

for interior doors, I understand that it would be fine because both sides of teh doors are flat with either carpet or floor.

what about the front door? the interior side of teh door will be flat and have the floor, but the exterior side has a metal plate and is slightly raised. Will it still work and will it open close easily?

what about if my door already has the standard sweeper thing. do I need to take that out or can I leave it there?

anybody know?

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000
If you have air coming in through your outside doors, you don't need to buy some draft guard crap off of TV. You need someone to install weather stripping properly.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Originally posted by: OdiN
If you have air coming in through your outside doors, you don't need to buy some draft guard crap off of TV. You need someone to install weather stripping properly.

:thumbsup:

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Only if you like holding it up to close the door when it gets to the threshold. Of course you will then be outside and have to walk around to back door to get back in your house.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
LOL @ some of the responses here...Let me add another...

OP, those things are designed to stop the drafts in your leaky wallet by emptying it out. Other than that, they'd be good for interior doors, but not worth a damn on exterior doors...unless you have ZERO weather seal and/or threshhold...