TV Tuner card not working...?

TheFirm

Sep 15, 2001
I just bought a new tv tuner card so i can use my laptop to act as a tv. I bought the AverTV for the laptop which is a minipci card. I installed the card and software, win xp picked up the card just fine. I tried connecting my xbox 360 to the s-video in and the video isnt showing. I looked at the settings and notice that its trying to play the s-video in PAL. I select the NTSC but the program is automatically reverting back to PAL. I tried using the RCA jacks but i dont have an option to get video in. I have no idea whats preventing me to use my laptop as a screen but im getting tired of messing around hopefully someone can help me out thanks in advance

i have an AMD 64 bit with 512mb of ram and a Nvidia 7800 gt video card. Windows xp home.... i dont have cable tv as im in the military and am never home thanks in advance

TheFirm

Sep 15, 2001
thanks for the reply i already posted there as well i was hoping i could fix this quick im going on deployment soon

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Originally posted by: TheFirm
thanks for the reply i already posted there as well i was hoping i could fix this quick im going on deployment soon

I didn't want to come off as mean but it really is VERY specialized. I would try reinstalling the thing and hope you have better luck.

TheFirm

Sep 15, 2001
i tried it still doesnt work... i know it should be plug and play anyways hopefully someone can be able to shed some light thanks once again