TV shows / movies where class lectures directly comment on the plot..

Mar 15, 2003
Anyone else notice this and get annoyed by it? List examples!

Some examples:
1- Heroes. Claire is in a science class were, in the first episode, they discussed evolution (even though the class seemed to be a chemistry lab due to the bunsen burners!) and then discussed cell regeneration.

2. Bionic Woman - The main character walked in on a lecture about artificial limbs (made slightly more sense because her bf was in the field).

newb111

Diamond Member
Oct 8, 2003
Harry Potter - Defense against the dark arts lecture about werewolves and the teacher was a werewolf! Omg so annoying :roll:

Engraver

Jun 5, 2007
My HS biology class was in a chem lab. Not every school has enough cheddar to have a unique room design for every single subject.

Mar 15, 2003
Originally posted by: Engraver
My HS biology class was in a chem lab. Not every school has enough cheddar to have a unique room design for every single subject.

He said "turn on your burners" .. I believe.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Originally posted by: freedomsbeat212

Those heathens were probably burning Bibles and Korans

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Originally posted by: freedomsbeat212

OMG Chemistry teachers talking about cell regeneration in a make believe setting?!?!? How dare they!!

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
only the fact that in like every single movie, it's an English class and they're discussing some totally sophomoric interpretation of like Shakespeare that would be laughed out of a real English lit class above the junior high level.

though just in terms of continuity, it is a little weird that they'd be discussing so advanced on, like, the first week of school in high school.