TV recommendation

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
My problem is that I don't watch enough TV to make a real "home-theater" a high priority.... I have a fairly nice 60hz/1080p Samsung 46 inch TV but I very rarely use it at all. (really the only thing I ever watch is live sports)

I watch 99% of the video content I consume on my gaming PC.... although I do have a relatively large 38 inch display.
I don't have a home theater, but a 65" 4K TV (used exclusively as a monitor) and 7.1 surround sound in our rather large living room.

I watch virtually NO TV (the lame pablum produced by over the air and cable networks), but stream my entertainment via Netflix, Hulu, Prime, and several others. (really, the only thing I NEVER watch is live sports)

PS. I wish I had a 38" monitor for my PC, but settle for dual 23" monitors.

Reactions: Captante

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Just went on a date with a woman that doesn't own a TV. second one I've met.

She streams the stuff she watches on her laptop
emoji1745.png
Eh, that's functionally not much different than owning a portable TV.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Just went on a date with a woman that doesn't own a TV. second one I've met.

She streams the stuff she watches on her laptop
We got a tv a couple months ago. Before that, 1991 was the last time. We watch movies on blu ray and our own wildlife cams and stream condor nestcams. We have no intention of watching tv on the thing though the cat tried to sign us up for Netflix by stepping on the remote.