TV Out - Far Cry plays in "black and white"...Desk Top is Normal? FIXED

Budarow

Golden Member
Dec 16, 2001
Anyone know why my game has no color? Sorta brownish but basically "black and white". The desktop appears to be normal colors. The setting using ATI CC is 32bit.

Thanks,

Bud

skulkingghost

Golden Member
Jan 4, 2006
check your color settings in game itself, run it in tropical mode, you probably have it in cold or sepia.

Also ati has a setting that overlays your game so check that in the control center.

Budarow

Golden Member
Dec 16, 2001
Originally posted by: skulkingghost
check your color settings in game itself, run it in tropical mode, you probably have it in cold or sepia.

Also ati has a setting that overlays your game so check that in the control center.

Thanks for the information...I'll check it out tonight. I've never used a PC in junction with a TV, but I'm thinking about building a HTPC and come the fall...I may spring for a 60" LCD (if the prices keep dropping).

Sable

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2006
What setting for the tv-out did you use in control panel?

If you set the output as NTSC and then view it on a PAL tv then it shows in black and white.

SonicIce

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2004
Are you using an s-video to composite adapter? Sometimes when I do that then I just need to reboot for it to show colors.

Budarow

Golden Member
Dec 16, 2001
I turned the SmartShader setting from "classic" to "none" and now 3d displays in color.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Bud

Budarow

Golden Member
Dec 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Ichigo
Farcry at 480i. Ew.

Other than "lettering" being quite blurry...the picture looks pretty darn good IMO. Looks as good as an X-Box, SPS2, etc. on a non-HDTV;)