TV GURUS------BEST TV FOR UNDER $450???????????????

XXXXXkevXXXXX

Apr 24, 2001
Im looking to buy a tv peferably about 27" and under $450. can anyone give me sugeestions on what i should look at? any TV gurus out there that knows alot about this stuff please help. What is important is picture quality. Some of my "friends" say sony wega, but to me the lower model of the wega, the pictures just plain sux. I think they say its good because of the brand name. so if you been recently looking at tvs lmk.

thank you in advance. have a nice day!

KingNothing

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2002
I bought a 27" Panasonic curved-tube something for $250. When I was looking at TVs in that price range, I thought the curved tubes offered a better picture than the flat tubes. People here will say Panasonic Tau for a flat TV, I think those are in your price range.

Doggiedog

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Definitely not Sony.

<=== Owned top of the line 36" Sony Wega XBR which broke in 2 years and left hanging by Sony.

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: KingNothing
I bought a 27" Panasonic curved-tube something for $250. When I was looking at TVs in that price range, I thought the curved tubes offered a better picture than the flat tubes. People here will say Panasonic Tau for a flat TV, I think those are in your price range.

Yeah.

BillGates

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2001
My Panasonic Tau 27" is very nice - I love it. I don't buy into the Sony hype and avoid their products whenever possible lately.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
You want a panasonic tau 27" or sony vvega 27" .. nothing competes.

btw, i have a tau, and my sister has a 32" vvega

Lyfer

Diamond Member
May 28, 2003
Samsung DynaFlat 27" 2745PF

I purchased a 32" DynaFlat open box from circuit city for $599 (also added on the extra 3 year service plan) and edited the setting with thru the hidden service menu and now its a 1080i HDTV (when its only rated for 480P EDTV).

rgwalt

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2000
I have a 27" Wega and I really like it. If I were you, I would go with either Sony or Panasonic, though some people swear by Samsung, I've never been that impressed with their stuff.

Check the Hot Deals forum here and at Fat Wallet to look for some good deals. You can get crazy big TVs, especially if you are willing to sacrifice brand quality for size.

Best Buy is clearing out some of their Panasonic's this week. If you have $450, consider buying a TV for around $350 or $400 and look into how much the extended warrantee is. A lot of people here tell you not to fire in, but I bought a 4 year warantee on my Wega for $45 when I bought it from Best Buy, which is great when you consider I'm paying around $1 a month.

Happy hunting!

R