TV and STEREO

RaiseUp

Banned
Dec 7, 2002
1,273
0
0
What are DLP TV'S? In a house we are building we want to either put a 1. Plasma but they don't like real sharp and for 10 K we want something better . A friend told us about something called a DLP or something like that TV? Can anyone help me out here?


Also, We are adding 27 Speakers in the house (Built in) we have 9k to spend on the wiring of the house and sound system . Wiring-Cat 5, Satellite ready, cable ready etc. Thanks!
 

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
26,096
1
0
Digital Light Projection (accuracy?)

Its used in HDTV's and projection setups, in that price range I'd go for a very nice DLP projector/screen
 

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
26,096
1
0
Originally posted by: RaiseUp
What are DLP TV'S? In a house we are building we want to either put a 1. Plasma but they don't like real sharp and for 10 K we want something better . A friend told us about something called a DLP or something like that TV? Can anyone help me out here?


Also, We are adding 27 Speakers in the house (Built in) we have 9k to spend on the wiring of the house and sound system . Wiring-Cat 5, Satellite ready, cable ready etc. Thanks!
If you're getting a projector for a screen, I reccomend wiring DVI inputs because by the look of your price range you'll have a nice home theater system with the new house...
 

RaiseUp

Banned
Dec 7, 2002
1,273
0
0
I have pictures of the house being built and I think It shows the amount of space there is for a tv. I just need to get a place to host the pics.
 

amdskip

Lifer
Jan 6, 2001
22,530
8
81
Originally posted by: RaiseUp
I have pictures of the house being built and I think It shows the amount of space there is for a tv. I just need to get a place to host the pics.
hosting
 

Gunbuster

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
6,852
22
81
With 10k to play with get This

Why do you need 27 speakers in the house? Get some good speakers for the HT, and maybe the bedroom and a few other rooms, but 27?
 

RaiseUp

Banned
Dec 7, 2002
1,273
0
0
TV

We have this TV in the front room but the Picture looks terrible. I don't know If we could get a Toshiba again.
 

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
8,286
4
81
If you have the money, LCoS is where it's at. It's the only consumer priced HD display that can resolve a full 1920x1080 (that's progressive).
Yes, I know there are no 1080p broadcasts, but it sure looks amazing watching HD 1080i upscaled to 1080p (same goes for 720p).

All fixed pixel displays will eventually be 1080p because it's the perfect resolution for displaying both 1080i/720p. Also great for PC/videogaming.
 

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
26,096
1
0
Originally posted by: Gunbuster
With 10k to play with get This

Why do you need 27 speakers in the house? Get some good speakers for the HT, and maybe the bedroom and a few other rooms, but 27?
Oh come on... with a projection system he can get 122 inches easily no problem even for like $3000, with 10K, it'll kick aR$
 

RaiseUp

Banned
Dec 7, 2002
1,273
0
0
Could a nice projection system be had for 10k ? See the plan was for 2 plasma's but my dad is a little worried that they aren't worth the price just yet.
 

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
58,686
2
0
Originally posted by: RaiseUp
Can Anyone Recommend good speakers and Receivers? Thanks!
Onkyo (not sure the model # but look for Dolby Digital EX, DTS-ES and Pro Logic II support)
Speakers, well, Paradigm, Energy, PSB, Definitive Technology, Jamo, Klipsch, B&W, and on and on...
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY