Tutu says Bush and Blair should face trial at the Hague

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
But you dont want to see obama or any other leftwinger face trial?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speak for yourself here, I may be a democrat and an overall supporter of Obama polices, but when it comes to Obama's conduct in the US Afghan occupuaption, I have no problem in saying Obama should be indicted for international war crimes along with GWB&co.

Apr 27, 2012
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speak for yourself here, I may be a democrat and an overall supporter of Obama polices, but when it comes to Obama's conduct in the US Afghan occupuaption, I have no problem in saying Obama should be indicted for international war crimes along with GWB&co.

So if obama AND bush were given the death penalty you would have no problem with obama

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
So if obama AND bush were given the death penalty you would have no problem with obama
Don't be rediculus here, there is no longer a death penality at Hague, as I have no problem with a life sentense for being complisit in the murder of maybe a million fellow human beings.

Do the crime, be prepared to do the time works for me. Why be partisan about it? A war crime is a war crime and is a war crime. Lots of world leaders get away with commiting war crimes, but if I had my drurhers not a single one would.

Last edited:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Quote:

Originally Posted by a777pilot

LOL!

Why should we take advice from a supporter of terror and a racist?

Tutu should just STFU and worry about his own sins and try to bring peace to his own country. That would be nice.

Like you, he has opinions and advise for people who live in other countries than his own. So if you want to be consistent with your own advise, shut the fuck up.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Tutu is irrelevant, as is any international court when it comes to something like this. No sitting president of the US would ever support any action by some international court against a former US president because they know full well that the same could happen to them in the future. Being the president of the most powerful country in the world can be a messy business, and some of the actions the president has to take are not pretty.

Besides, I'm surprised anyone but Harvey still believes this Bush war crimes bullshit. He was the president, he made decisions completely consistent with US laws. Everything else is irrelevant.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Bull Shit!

He made some mistakes but over all what he did was the right thing to do.

No he did not. Iraq was a cluster from beginning to end, with contrived "evidence" and justifications, placing the intel communities into unethical situations by using them as a means to an end, not bothering to understand the social and political situation in Iraq, most egregiously a complete lack of comprehension of the relations between the Sunni, Shia, and Kurd populations. That resulted in a disastrous power vacuum which was the root cause of the insurgency. Then there were the false justifications about Al-Qaeda which was never a real issue in regions that Saddam had control over. Wolfowitz used a convicted fraud to lie for the administration and had no idea he wasn't credible? The list goes on forever. The net result is that Iraq was a criminal act or the administration was criminally incompetent, perhaps both. Hell even spokesmen said jokingly that anyone who wasn't aboard with the scripted plan wasn't going to be paid attention to, and the person referred to was from the Army War College.

My 13 year old son could have done better.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007

You actually want to see a sitting and former President brought on war crimes charges?

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
I guess the problem with this type of thinking, if we are all concerned about consistency, is that most of our presidents would have to be prosecuted for war crimes. I am hard pressed to think of one still living or recently deceased that was not involved in an abuse of power in relation to military actions against a foreign nation. I suppose scale of action would be the difference, but what is the difference between 10 lives and 10,000 when you get down to punishment by law? One murder is wrong, and can land you in prison for life.

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
Yeah I can just see it now...

UN: Hey USA, we want to arrest Bush. Can we enter the country and arrest him?

USA: No

UN: Oh ok.

The end.

Meanwhile, elsewhere..

UN: Hey Blair is not in the UK at the moment. Let's arrest him.

UK: Do that and the entire English speaking world and half of Europe will withdraw from the UN.

UN: Oh.

The end.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Yeah I can just see it now...

UN: Hey USA, we want to arrest Bush. Can we enter the country and arrest him?

USA: No

UN: Oh ok.

The end.

Meanwhile, elsewhere..

UN: Hey Blair is not in the UK at the moment. Let's arrest him.

UK: Do that and the entire English speaking world and half of Europe will withdraw from the UN.

UN: Oh.

The end.

Yes but they are both exiled in their respective Countries.

No traveling overseas for them

Apr 27, 2012
Don't be rediculus here, there is no longer a death penality at Hague, as I have no problem with a life sentense for being complisit in the murder of maybe a million fellow human beings.

If there was would you have a problem with obama getting it along with bush

Do the crime, be prepared to do the time works for me. Why be partisan about it? A war crime is a war crime and is a war crime. Lots of world leaders get away with commiting war crimes, but if I had my drurhers not a single one would.

I am not partisan but many idiots call for bush and cheney to be arrested yet they conveniently ignore obama, thats partisan. He supported the wars and he also assassinated Anwar Awlaki an AMERICAN CITIZEN who had his rights violated

OBLAMA2009

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2008
instead of extraditing julian assange they should be extraditing these two clowns, and then when they are done trying them in the hague we should bring them back to america and charge them with murder and \ stealing taxpayer funds, and generally being stupid and sociopathic

Apr 27, 2012
instead of extraditing julian assange they should be extraditing these two clowns, and then when they are done trying them in the hague we should bring them back to america and charge them with murder and \ stealing taxpayer funds, and generally being stupid and sociopathic

Completely agree with you but they also have to add the others who committed war crimes like obama and EVERY politician that voted for them

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
I am not partisan but many idiots call for bush and cheney to be arrested yet they conveniently ignore obama, thats partisan. He supported the wars and he also assassinated Anwar Awlaki an AMERICAN CITIZEN who had his rights violated

i agree. i always laugh when people say bush and Cheney need to be arrested yet make excuses for Obama.

at least it seems LL seems to really think they all deserve to be arrested and tried.

not that the US would allow it. And those saying bush can't leave the country seem to forget he has. not that there is real reason to heh.

Apr 27, 2012
i agree. i always laugh when people say bush and Cheney need to be arrested yet make excuses for Obama.

at least it seems LL seems to really think they all deserve to be arrested and tried.

not that the US would allow it. And those saying bush can't leave the country seem to forget he has. not that there is real reason to heh.

Well said. One of the few posters here with a brain. I want obama, bush and everyone else responsible to be held accountable for there actions but idiot left wingers/progressives only want bush

Oakenfold

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
So glad I ended up taking another class than listening to Tutu be a guest professor in college..

Oakenfold

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
I just noticed the Super Moderator.

Never seen that before.

Does that mean like one step below Administrator like Perk?

What does a Super do different than others?

Nope just a regular Mod that I'm aware of. Nothing different, I think it's just a title they don't use anymore.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
So glad I ended up taking another class than listening to Tutu be a guest professor in college..

I'd have definitely enrolled in his class; that'd be entertaining if nothing else.

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
The Iraq war "has destabilized and polarized the world to a greater extent than any other conflict in history," wrote Tutu, who was awarded the Nobel prize in 1984.

I'm actually surprised that he would say something so idiotic. I wish we'd never gone into Iraq, but polarized the world more than any conflict in history? What an extraordinarily dumb thing to say.