Turtle help

Freshgeardude

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2006
So my friend just got these turtles one is a red ear slider the other one is brown with like a spiky back we put some food in and the brown one is dominating all the food and the other one is not getting any food

blackllotus

Golden Member
May 30, 2005
I guess the most obvious solution is to put the food in two different places in their cage/box/(w/e) so the brown turtle can't hog both piles of food at once

Freshgeardude

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2006
Originally posted by: blackllotus
I guess the most obvious solution is to put the food in two different places in their cage/box/(w/e) so the brown turtle can't hog both piles of food at once

we did put food on each other side but the other one goes to the side the brown one is at and we cant separate em

Nov 7, 2000
some people feed their turts in a different tank
this cuts down on food mess in thier home, and they tend to poop after eating

you could feed them in a different tank, at different times

ChooChooChooseMe

Platinum Member
Apr 7, 2005
Originally posted by: freshgeardude
Originally posted by: blackllotus

we did put food on each other side but the other one goes to the side the brown one is at and we cant separate em
Tie a string around the brown and the tank so that its just short enough that it wont reach the other turtles bowl.