Turkish Agent and Traitor Mike Flynn sought to facilitate rendition of fugitive clerk

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
https://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/mi...dead-of-night-extradition-of-fugitive-cleric/

Mike Flynn secretly met Turkish officials to plan illegal ‘dead of night’ extradition of fugitive cleric

Former CIA Director James Woolsey said that he attended a secret meeting in September with ousted Trump national security adviser Adm. Mike Flynn to plan a covert operation to “whisk away” a fugitive cleric and hand him over to Turkey’s authoritarian government.

The Wall Street Journal reported Friday that Woolsey and other people present at the meeting confirmed that Flynn was coordinating with officials from the cabinet of right-wing Turkish Pres. Recep Tayyip Erdogan in anticipation of extraditing Fethullah Gulen back to Turkey should Trump win the presidency.

The “dead of night” operation was intended to circumvent normal U.S. extradition laws, Woolsey said. The meeting took place on Sep. 19, and Woolsey said he arrived late only to be startled and alarmed that the discussion was treading into potentially illegal territory.

The plan, according to Woolsey, was “a covert step in the dead of night to whisk this guy away.” Gulen is wanted in Turkey for allegedly aiding last summer’s failed military coup against the Erdogan regime.

“It isn’t known who raised the idea or what Mr. Flynn concluded about it,” said the Journal.

Flynn was forced to step down from Trump’s cabinet when it came to light that he lied to Vice President Mike Pence and the public about his communications with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak.
Somebody please explain to me why this guy isn't in jail, awaiting trial?

Also it occurs to me, has anybody seen this Gulen guy since Trump became president? The article makes it sound like they were planning to do it as soon as Trump became president... which happened... so did this guy get carted off to be killed or does anybody know where he lives?

Last edited:

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
https://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/mi...dead-of-night-extradition-of-fugitive-cleric/

Somebody please explain to me why this guy isn't in jail, awaiting trial?

Also it occurs to me, has anybody seen this Gulen guy since Trump became president? The article makes it sound like they were planning to do it as soon as Trump became president... which happened... so did this guy get carted off to be killed or does anybody know where he lives?
Last I heard he was holed up with Harrison Ford and some big eared kid in Amish country.

Oric

Oct 11, 1999
When are you planning to extradite Gulen, the CIA playdoll, to Turkey ?

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Flynn seems to either have no knowledge of this country's laws or simply no respect for them.

Either way it's good that he got canned. I'm willing to bet they'll eventually dig up something indictable given his increasingly long list of legally dubious actions.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Wooow .. Does that story check out though? If it does.. daaaaaaaaaaaaaaam son. I am sorta gaining respect for Flynn in a james bond supervillain sort of sense. That guy does not mess around. Hard to the core!

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
You're going to have to solve your country's political and social ills on your own. Blaming outsiders is a ticket straight to dictatorship and your nation is only one station away from that destination.

True dat. Turkey could have risen as a consequence of the latest attempt to take power, instead it takes advice from good friend Vladimir on how to set up a dictatorship and make it look "democratic'. Turks? Get out, get out now.. We have room for you as long as your not salifists..

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
The idea that the highest national security authority would act under the influences of the Turkish government in order to facilitate the extrajudicial rendition and likely torture and murder of someone under the protection of the US government is absolutely terrifying. What else did this man do in his month where he sat beside Trump on every plane ride? Is he (Flynn) in Turkey yet? I haven't seen that he's even being sought for questioning, where is the FBI? Where is the Secret Service? This guy is a Traitor of the highest order.

Oric

Oct 11, 1999
someone under the protection of the US government

You mean the CIA ... Why do you even protect him ? Was he working for you (Yes)

By the way Erdogan and Selefists can eat their shoes. I don't want USA decide the fate of my country. There have been many Coups under the supervision and support of USA, this one was only different that the head wasn't a General but a Cleric.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
You mean the CIA ... Why do you even protect him ? Was he working for you (Yes)

By the way Erdogan and Selefists can eat their shoes. I don't want USA decide the fate of my country. There have been many Coups under the supervision and support of USA, this one was only different that the head wasn't a General but a Cleric.

Clerics can be just as bad as generals. I don't know about all the CIA stuff but you're probably right.

Aegeon

Golden Member
Nov 2, 2004
You mean the CIA ... Why do you even protect him ? Was he working for you (Yes)\
Obviously not, we're talking among other things about the US Federal judicial system since Gulen has been a legal resident of the US since 2001 with a green card.

This means that legally regardless of what the US executive branch currently wants to do, they can't extradite Gulen without breaking US law (which Flynn apparently plotted to do) unless they can show US Federal judges sufficient evidence to justify the extradition.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extradition_law_in_the_United_States

All the indications are Turkey simply does not have such evidence that they can submit to the US Court system, and legally speaking the US Executive Branch is not supposed to even basically attempt to go to start the extradition process and go to the courts unless they believe they have sufficient evidence to prove their case for extradition.

The idea the Trump administration of all things would be actively protecting Gulen in spite of the evidence Turkey has shown to them clearly justifying extradition is especially ridiculous.

Last edited:

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
When are you planning to extradite Gulen, the CIA playdoll, to Turkey ?

Whether or not Gulen is a CIA asset or even whether he was involved in the Coup is irrelevant. I happen to think that he was involved and I know he is a CIA asset.. but that's beside the point. There is a process to extradition wherein the Turkish government would have to provide evidence and a US Federal Judge would have to rule that his extradition was warranted.

Such evidence was not submitted, Erdogan merely declared that Gulen was a criminal fugitive that should be extradited and tried to use diplomatic channels to force the US into action. Clearly he found an extremely important US official to help him in Flynn, which calls into question where Flynn's interest lie.

If the US is not able to enforce its own extradition law on legal residents and prevent foreign governments from "whisking off" various people we have a serious problem with our national sovereignty. In the words of DJT - Are we a country, or not?

BoozeHobo

Mar 23, 2017
I happen to think that he was involved and I know he is a CIA asset..
The coup was orchestrated by Erdogan. It was his own little Reichstag fire. It helped him seize complete control of the country and become a Putin-like dictator by eliminating the last vestiges of the army opposition.
Also the CIA has and will always be on the side of Erdogan. It was through Erdogan they supplied ISIS with munitions. And it was through Erdogan the US and Europe were buying the oil that ISIS was selling.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
The coup was orchestrated by Erdogan. It was his own little Reichstag fire. It helped him seize complete control of the country and become a Putin-like dictator by eliminating the last vestiges of the army opposition.
Also the CIA has and will always be on the side of Erdogan. It was through Erdogan they supplied ISIS with munitions. And it was through Erdogan the US and Europe were buying the oil that ISIS was selling.

Well that is all a special kind of crazy.

BoozeHobo

Mar 23, 2017
Well that is all a special kind of crazy.
Where do you think all the oil Turkey gets from ISIS goes to?
If ISIS's clone Al-nusra is protected and supported by Israel (and by extension America), what makes you think ISIS themselves aren't? Al-nusra's barracks, artillery, tanks, and soldiers, are literally on the Israeli border, shaking hands with Israeli soldiers. Their wounded go to Israeli hospitals. Arab bloggers have nicknamed them "Jewhadists".
Why is it so far-fetched to say America funds ISIS when ISIS it gets all it's munitions from Nato Turkey, and gets half its funding from the Qatari state (a satellite state of the US).
It's all a beautiful game of chess. Some are pawns, some are Queens.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Where do you think all the oil Turkey gets from ISIS goes to?
If ISIS's clone Al-nusra is protected and supported by Israel (and by extension America), what makes you think ISIS themselves aren't? Al-nusra's barracks, artillery, tanks, and soldiers, are literally on the Israeli border, shaking hands with Israeli soldiers. Their wounded go to Israeli hospitals. Arab bloggers have nicknamed them "Jewhadists".
Why is it so far-fetched to say America funds ISIS when ISIS it gets all it's munitions from Nato Turkey, and gets half its funding from the Qatari state (a satellite state of the US).
It's all a beautiful game of chess. Some are pawns, some are Queens.

sorry not taking the word of the latest alt coward

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Flynn is a hardcore villain. I think what we know so far is the tip of the iceberg.
Shit, you aren't kidding. This is crazy stuff and a giant red flag the intelligence committees are going to be asking the FBI and CIA about with intense interest.

Honestly, with these nutty revelations leaking almost by the week I can't see how Trump isn't kneecapped/lame ducked by the end of this year.

And ironically enough, while McCain is a war hawk who I really disagree with on foreign policy adventures as a general rule, one thing he and Graham most certainly are is loyal to US interests and hostile to foreign power grabs, so I'm glad they're heavily influencing the intelligence gathering process in the Senate.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

Wtf guy? Proof please? Id like proof so I know who(m) to send to jail!