TurboTax or TaxCut. What are you using this year?

aircooled

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
I know TurboTax went through hell last year with their activation, What's going on this year? What are you going to use?

roncarter

Golden Member
Feb 28, 2002
This is going to be my first year to do taxes!!!! How much does H&R block charge you?

Apathetic

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2002
I'm going to use Taxcut again this year. It worked great last year after I switched from TurboTax because of their facist activation scheme last year. Before then, I had used TurboTax for 7 years or so.

Dave

dartworth

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: roncarter
This is going to be my first year to do taxes!!!! How much does H&R block charge you?

H&R Block is way overpriced. Don't do it...:)

AmigaMan

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
R....err nevermind ;) . I'm using TurboTax. Forgive and forget is what I say. Was not impressed with TaxCut the last year. I feel like it didn't do everything correctly, but that's just MHO. The UI was not as good as TT. TT also has more of a hold-your-hand feel to it which I need since I'm not a tax pro.

McCarthy

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Always used TaxCut. Got TurboTax for free a couple times and did both, TurboTax missed deductions for me...and had that verify thing. Overall TaxCut has been as good or better and is the same price so....

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
H&R block is mostly made up of people they hired off the street with a little bit of training.. not the people I'd want doing my taxes...

Actually, I've been using a free online tax prep company... I'm bombarded with advertisements for all their investing opportunities, but other than that, it's done an excellent job. It's very similar to TT and TC. (except... FREE)

aircooled

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
Originally posted by: aircooled
Once you own a house that's not a viable option.
Really? That sucks.
Actually it's a good thing. You get a tax benefit for being a homeowner, but you no longer get to use the simple 1040EZ form.

Spamela

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2000
i switched to TaxCut last year, but i'll use whatever's cheapest,
unless TurboTax can't import last year's data.