turbo tax online

Sep 29, 2004
EDIT:
Can anyone tell me how much Turbo Tax state costs online?

I'm a bit skeptical. Is it nice and fast and does it do thing correctly? Any problems importing old turbo tax data files?

etc ... etc etc

geckojohn

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2000
I used it last year and had no problems... its a great interface and nice if you use different computers and don't want to transfer your data. I think that it uses AJAX.

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
I've used TurboTax Online (via statetaxfreedom.com, not sure if it matters) for four years now, since 2003. Of course, being a student, it is a very simple 1040EZ, but I've did it by myself since I was 17. Free federa and state every year, and VERY quick return, especially with direct deposit.

There was some sort of thing going on a few years agowith Intuit and their policy with personal information, but I've always found TurboTax online great each year since '03, so I did it again this year. I've only use the TaxFreedom part (make under a certain amount, 1040EZ, etc) so I can't comment on anything else they offer.

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
I used online for my taxes fed and state and I'm very pleased. bit pricey, came out to $80, but I got a $5200 combined return, so I'm not that bothered.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: duragezic
I've used TurboTax Online (via statetaxfreedom.com, not sure if it matters) for four years now, since 2003. Of course, being a student, it is a very simple 1040EZ, but I've did it by myself since I was 17. Free federa and state every year, and VERY quick return, especially with direct deposit.

There was some sort of thing going on a few years agowith Intuit and their policy with personal information, but I've always found TurboTax online great each year since '03, so I did it again this year. I've only use the TaxFreedom part (make under a certain amount, 1040EZ, etc) so I can't comment on anything else they offer.

If you do not go through the "taxfreedom" links, you will be required to pay even if you would qualify for free filing.

prontospyder

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
used it this year for Federal - it was pretty easy and fast. Got a 35% discount for being a Fidelity customer too.

Nyati13

Jan 2, 2003

I've used it 2 years straight as a homeowner (claim interest and property tax), and with a new car purchase this year, and the online app works very well and is easy to use.

Nov 5, 2001
used it this year, was great. And I got it free because I'm a State Farm customer. Log in to the SF website and setup your online account and then you will see a link. Free fed and state filing.

homercles337

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
I have used TT since 98. I started because its free to sub $25k income levels. I still use it because they store all your previous years taxes so subsequent years are easy when you need to input schtuff from old records.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Originally posted by: IHateMyJob2004
EDIT:
Can anyone tell me how much Turbo Tax state costs online?

I'm a bit skeptical. Is it nice and fast and does it do thing correctly? Any problems importing old turbo tax data files?

etc ... etc etc

i dont use it because it's very hard to go back to a section you completed. i had this problem last year. it took a while to get back to the line i needed to change.

never again. i rather pay $45 for the PC version than go thru that aggrevation.