Tulsi Gabbard goes on Hannity, calls the impeachment inquiry secretive, says she's not seeking re-election

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Dollars to denuts Hillary was correct!! Gabbards true colors coming out!!

In a podcast last week, Hillary Clinton said an unidentified female 2020 Democratic presidential candidate is being groomed by Republicans to challenge the eventual Democratic nominee and help President Trump, with support from "a bunch" of Russian "sites and bots." Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) assumed (correctly) that Clinton was referring to her, and she really poured on the umbrage.

To prove Clinton wrong, Gabbard went on Sean Hannity's Fox News show Thursday night — she and Hannity both touted mistaken initial reporting that Clinton had claimed Russia, not Republicans, were "grooming" her for a third-party run — and blamed Clinton (a former senator and secretary of state) for the last 18 years of U.S. wars, then echoed Republican complaints about the "transparency" of the House impeachment inquiry. "I don't know what's going on in those closed doors, we in Congress don't have access to the information that is being shared," said Gabbard, who isn't among the 59 Democrats and 48 Republicans who do have access

Gabbard did dodge some of Hannity's questions on Hunter Biden and Russian election interference, apparently getting Hannity to endorse paper ballots in national elections.

After Hannity aired, Gabbard tweeted that she's "fully committed to my offer to serve you, the people of Hawaii & America, as your president & commander-in-chief. So I will not be seeking re-election to Congress in 2020." Since she's polling at 1.3 percent in the Democratic primary race, according to the RealClearPolitics average, that almost certainly means she's at least temporarily retiring from politics after she's passed over for the Democratic nomination — or that she will, you know, run for president on a third-party ticket.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
My own personal feelings based on what I have observed and heard from her is I think she is very insincere and has an agenda that might be on par with Trump`s agenda,,,,,again my opinion that I cannot support with links so I will comment no further on what I think....they say a mind is a terrible thing to waste..lol

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Like I said in the other TG thread, it's odd that she would give up her House seat for a POTUS run for which she is polling 1% and will probably be out of before she would have to do any serious campaigning for her seat. Unless she's planning a third party run.

Doubly odd that any dem would go on Hannity to echo GOP talking points about impeachment.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
She'll apparently do most anything to keep up the media buzz she got from Hillary's remarks. She was fading into obscurity before that happened. I've never seen her as honest or sincere, anyway, so this confirms what I thought.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
I think a lot of politicians know that If an actual progressive gets in, the corruption game isn’t going to last a whole lot longer.

In other words, get that money while you can.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
She'll apparently do most anything to keep up the media buzz she got from Hillary's remarks. She was fading into obscurity before that happened. I've never seen her as honest or sincere, anyway, so this confirms what I thought.

I liked her more than Biden but she was never in my top 3.

What has she done for LGBT folks like me anyways? Work for an anti gay group?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
She won the popular vote, if it weren't for those traitorous third-parties she would have gotten the electoral too!

Not traitorous. Just clueless. Jill Stein figured that out when Trump won WI, MI & PA with a margin smaller than her vote total. That's why she paid for recounts, hoping to have it the other way.

The greatest illusion of 2016 was "Hillary will win anyway so I can vote any stupid way I want."

NostaSeronx

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2011
What part of that makes you think she wasn't defeated?
She is a democrat, the only vote that matters is the popular vote. Electoral college that is just some institute corrupted by them crazy ruskies! God damn traitors!

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Didn’t Tulsi announce she will not run for office again this week?

If by that you mean that she said she wouldn't make a third party run for POTUS, then yes, she said that again this week, repeating what she said months ago.

Yet somehow I remain skeptical. I foresee her claiming that the primary has been "rigged" against her, a claim which she has already made, and on that basis, she has no choice but to make a third party run. Just wait.

Feb 4, 2009
If by that you mean that she said she wouldn't make a third party run for POTUS, then yes, she said that again this week, repeating what she said months ago.

Yet somehow I remain skeptical. I foresee her claiming that the primary has been "rigged" against her, a claim which she has already made, and on that basis, she has no choice but to make a third party run. Just wait.

I didn’t read the link, I mean she will be leaving Government

Nov 8, 2012
Like I said in the other TG thread, it's odd that she would give up her House seat for a POTUS run for which she is polling 1% and will probably be out of before she would have to do any serious campaigning for her seat. Unless she's planning a third party run.

Doubly odd that any dem would go on Hannity to echo GOP talking points about impeachment.

This. Before the oh so smart people here go around declaring that they know the narrative, origin, story, and the intended results... I'm going to have to wait it on this one before declaring anything.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Something is not kosher with her.

I agree in the sense that she had a whole lot of favorables working for her just before she threw her beret in the ring and look at what she's systematically done to erase almost all of it and to top it all off she's blaming others for her self-inflicted problems.

It's like AOC stole her thunder and she doesn't know how to recover from it. It seems her once being a bright star on the horizon was just her self-immolating.

I really do hope she finds her way out that briar patch she's jumped into as she has a lot to offer the party. Which party is going to be THE question following her around from here on in.