Tucker fired from Fox, and he still hates Trump

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Showing up? They’ve always been there, just hiding their true identity. Like it’s been said the orange monkey isn’t the start of this. But he’s the one that made it acceptable to be such a turd. Shame probably the only way for them to go back under their bridge. It won’t go away, but hopefully their intolerance will spread less to the next generation.
He's not the start of it. It goes back to at least the formation of the Tea Party. A fictional character I like described them as the American Taliban and that was spot on. A positive after the election of Obama it became unfashionable to be openly racist. We were headed in the right direction then came the Tea Party. The writing was on the wall when one of them spit on a Black Congressman and it went back downhill.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Nobody likes Trump, but many don't dislike him as much as others. It's a matter of perception.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Oh boy, mister "straight newsman" Bret Baier has a conversation with Tucker now.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Looks like the Tucker replacement is going back to that old trope that Obama is a secret Kenyan mooooslim. "He's not really American". Attempting yet again to otherize Barack Obama

• Wow
Reactions: hal2kilo

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Looks like the Tucker replacement is going back to that old trope that Obama is a secret Kenyan mooooslim. "He's not really American". Attempting yet again to otherize Barack Obama
This kind of racist dog whistle is so 2012. Maybe he's just trying to establish his racist bona fides by playing the old hits.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
This kind of racist dog whistle is so 2012. Maybe he's just trying to establish his racist bona fides by playing the old hits.
Who else went AWOL when they lost their nightly fix. All’s well that ends well. The cooker has reopened and we got pillows for Zombies.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Obama did a great job of connecting with non-racist non-hard-right Americans. I could understand an argument that his worldliness disconnected him from the everyday American, but there isn't evidence to support this view.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The same patterns of racism by Republicans that didn't go away just because Obama was elected, they just went dormant. It because unfashionable to be overtly racist during that time. Once Trump was elected, don your white hoods again!! Republicans began their open embrace of white nationalists again.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The same patterns of racism by Republicans that didn't go away just because Obama was elected, they just went dormant. It because unfashionable to be overtly racist during that time. Once Trump was elected, don your white hoods again!! Republicans began their open embrace of white nationalists again.
The Republican party of today serves one purpose, and that is to provide cult membership to people whose self hate reached such levels of outward projection in the sixties that the local cultural forms that it took, and still seek to bring forth, did such social damage and were so extreme that the wider culture openly began to criticize it as contemptible and outlaw its expression. Unpopular bigotry can't survive open and sustained contempt, self hate must be kept from conscious awareness, so bigotry can survive only among friends who practice the art of self congratulation, and self justification for bigoted expression.

All forms of isms, self identifications with externals that are deemed good, all substitutes for the self respect self hate robs us of, exist to fill that void. The Republican Party has achieved great numbers of people, as the right has world wide, because the culture we have created creates tremendous competitive pressure owing to its levels of insecurity and fear. The other is the manifestation of the projection of that fear. Distrust and suspicion, and catastrophizing are the result.

Only self understanding can solve this. Every time bigotry is suppressed it seeks a new outlet. We refuse to confront the inner source of bigotry. Hatred of bigots is just another form of projection of what we hate about ourselves.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
LOL
He concluded by calling Obama’s reaction “snobby.”

“We don’t live in Europe, Barack Obama,” Watters said. “This is the United States of America. And it just shows how naive, detached, how snobby he is to not understand this is the United States, and as sad as it is – and it was a horrible story off the coast – it’s not something that concerns most Americans in their spare time.”
Whereas rich people dying in a submarine IS something that concerns most Americans in their spare time? Since the topic was the difference in media coverage?
Oh, wait, I forgot, the topic was "Obama opened his mouth to talk about something", so we need to remind everyone how awful he is. Even though he can't run for President again. Probably right about just "setting the tone" so viewers know he hates the correct people in the correct way.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Well when the Republican party refuses to offer the people of the nation good things like infrastructure improvements and repairs that create middle class jobs, affordable healthcare, better education opportunities that lead to upward mobility, essential social services that benefit the working class and the poor etc. as the Democrats have been directing their legislative efforts at, all the Republicans have left is to isolate themselves from the majority of the nation by promoting racist dogma, white supremacy, a myopic effort to rule the nation from a minority party status, spreading hate, fear and suspicion nationwide and trying to hide the fact that their leaders have been for decades making a concerted effort to kill off every social safety net program that millions of their own working class party members rely on to get by.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
LOL

Whereas rich people dying in a submarine IS something that concerns most Americans in their spare time? Since the topic was the difference in media coverage?
Oh, wait, I forgot, the topic was "Obama opened his mouth to talk about something", so we need to remind everyone how awful he is. Even though he can't run for President again. Probably right about just "setting the tone" so viewers know he hates the correct people in the correct way.

just need to remind the GQP that democrats are responsible for electing a black man. Job done. This will serve the GQP another 2-3 generations, assuming they don't ratfuck each other to death by then. ....one can only hope.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Just saw something saying Tucker’s audience on Twitter has cratered, although I’m not sure the exact metrics used.

This is not surprising to me. Moving your boomer show to a medium boomers don’t use much is a recipe for trouble.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Just saw something saying Tucker’s audience on Twitter has cratered, although I’m not sure the exact metrics used.

This is not surprising to me. Moving your boomer show to a medium boomers don’t use much is a recipe for trouble.
Add to that the fact that only 10% or so of the population uses Twitter.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
LOL

Watters is a light weight compared to Tuck. I don't think he has enough unbridled hubris to get their ghoul fans engaged.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
We should send moonbeam to interview all these evil people on their own shows including Tucker, one of the most evil people who walks on American soil. Be a fun fucking show I'd stream that crap.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and Perknose

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
“Tucker is very titillated by misogyny."

"Some of the staffers theorized that his mother’s mistreatment—she abandoned the family when Carlson was six—engendered a negativity toward women. The counterpoint I heard from a Fox lifer was that “Tucker didn’t respect anyone of any gender.” Remember, this was supposed to be a defense of him."

^^^ Some of the stuff that made me chortle in this older Vanity Fair article about his firing.

Reactions: ch33zw1z and Pohemi

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
We should send moonbeam to interview all these evil people on their own shows including Tucker, one of the most evil people who walks on American soil. Be a fun fucking show I'd stream that crap.
You are talking about someone who believes in self defense, not self defense by proxy. I have no interest in going on Fox News. I consider them to be a threat to national security and should have their FCC license to broadcast on public airways revoked. We have freedom of expression in this country precisely so that that fascist wannabes are prevented from silencing descent and look where that has led to. The right now uses freedom of expression to brainwash the population into a mass psychosis that is directed to destroying democratic free speech. If you tolerate intolerance what do you get.

Absolute tolerance is absolutely intolerable. Subjective intolerance leads to slavery. Is there a third way?

PS: Please do an @ me if you want me to see your posts.

Last edited: