Tucker Carlson Speaks Truth To (White) Power!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
That's the irony of people like him. They own and practice the racism they deny exists.

They judge black people as a group for being responsible for their own poverty and lower outcomes, yet claim that judgement doesn't exist nor does it cause the very handicap that keeps black outcomes lower in the first place.

They are actually living proof that racism DOES exist and in this form, it is the most damaging, because it assumes basic, inherent deficiencies based on skin color while denying that assumption even exists.

Thats exactly it.
If you for one second considered the animal, Homo Sapiens, in its habitat, given inputs and outputs, its all rather trivial. But for some people it gets stuck in between. Assigning blame somewhere not on themselves.
That is fucking sad.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Point taken. At depth. But also, there is at least some truth to the bromide, "You are what you do."

That isn't the quandary that I am trying to settle, really. The issue is that I couldn't imagine a single person under this criteria who has never done an evil act. So if I am to judge individuals as a whole, I need more.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
That isn't the quandary that I am trying to settle, really. The issue is that I couldn't imagine a single person under this criteria who has never done an evil act. So if I am to judge individuals as a whole, I need more.
That is too diffuse for me. What is the most vile thing you have ever done? By that I shall judge you.

Reactions: JEDIYoda

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
The issue is that I couldn't imagine a single person under this criteria who has never done an evil act.
Really? I would have to hear your definition of "evil" before I could give credence to this statement of yours. I know and have known folks who have done hurtful, ignorant, stupid, unethical things, but of whom I would say that they've probably never committed an "evil" act in their lives.

So . . . what is your definition of "evil," such that you can't imagine a single person who hasn't done an evil act?

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Really? I would have to hear your definition of "evil" before I could give credence to this statement of yours. I know and have known folks who have done hurtful, ignorant, stupid, unethical things, but of whom I would say that they've probably never committed an "evil" act in their lives.

So . . . what is your definition of "evil," such that you can't imagine a single person who hasn't done an evil act?

I need help understanding your definition better. All you stated was "intent" so I made some assumptions.

Perknose

Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
I need help understanding your definition better. All you stated was "intent" so I made some assumptions.
We can have this discussion, but best if you answer my prior direct question to you first. I'll quote it here:

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
We can have this discussion, but best if you answer my prior direct question to you first. I'll quote it here:

Why? I asked @Moonbeam to clarify his meaning. You volunteered a partial answer on his behalf. Now suddenly in my seeking to understand your answer it's my job to do define it for you?

I can tell you the assumption I made from your partial answer. The assumption I made is that your supposed definition of an evil act was defined as intent to cause harm to another for one's own gain. That apparently wasn't right.

Perknose

Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Why? I asked @Moonbeam to clarify his meaning. You volunteered a partial answer on his behalf. Now suddenly in my seeking to understand your answer it's my job to do define it for you?

I can tell you the assumption I made from your partial answer. The assumption I made is that your supposed definition of an evil act was defined as intent to cause harm to another for one's own gain. That apparently wasn't right.
For the third straigth time I'm going to ask you to define what YOU mean as evil so I can make at least some sense of your rather startling to me claim:

If you won't, then I'm done playing games with you around your refusal to answer this quite straightforward question.

And, just so we're clear, YOU DON'T NEED my definition of "evil" to answer.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
For the third straigth time I'm going to ask you to define what YOU mean as evil so I can make at least some sense of your rather startling to me claim:

If you won't, then I'm done playing games with you around your refusal to answer this quite straightforward question.

And, just so we're clear, YOU DON'T NEED my definition of "evil" to answer.

This whole exchange is quite gobsmacking. I have ideas about it, but I hate being alone in taking such a perspective. If you go back and read from whence it began, maybe you'll understand. Especially since I already provided such a definition in my last reply.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Perhaps you can clarify for me the definition of good and evil?

Sorry to be late to the party here. I just now logged in.

In this case I was thinking pretty much what @dank69 said as follows:

I'm pretty certain in this context good person is defined as White Christian Conservative and evil person is defined as Murica Hating Libtard.

But the answer to your question I would have given goes something like this:

When I used the terms good and evil, I didn't have a definition for what they are in mind and especially because I do not believe that good and evil actually exist. I believe that duality is an illusion, a mental condition produced by thought that is possible due to language, the naming of things which divides the unity of all things into pieces and allows memories of past events including emotions to become associated with things, like Pavlov's dogs salivating at a bell or whatever the experiment was. This is an illness, certainly in my opinion at least it is a sickness, that we all have with possible rare exceptions. My point was that whatever any one of us considers to be good will be protected from information to the contrary by rationalizations and whatever we imagine to be evil will be met with open and willing condemnation, and all of this the direct result of the programming that went into our acquisition of the above mentioned emotions that get attached to ideas. The ego, as I see it, is a front we maintain to keep us from remembering the conditioning that made us feel evil. Since we were made to feel the worst in the world, we survive and hide behind the idea we are good and would rather die than know it because we did die psychically by having our innate joy of being ourselves destroyed.

I believe this is a particular problem for conservatives because they more than liberals have been programmed to respect authority and be loyal to a group. They have a greater need for moral certainty around those two issues especially.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
But the answer to your question I would have given goes something like this:

When I used the terms good and evil, I didn't have a definition for what they are in mind and especially because I do not believe that good and evil actually exist. I believe that duality is an illusion, a mental condition produced by thought that is possible due to language, the naming of things which divides the unity of all things into pieces and allows memories of past events including emotions to become associated with things, like Pavlov's dogs salivating at a bell or whatever the experiment was. This is an illness, certainly in my opinion at least it is a sickness, that we all have with possible rare exceptions. My point was that whatever any one of us considers to be good will be protected from information to the contrary by rationalizations and whatever we imagine to be evil will be met with open and willing condemnation, and all of this the direct result of the programming that went into our acquisition of the above mentioned emotions that get attached to ideas. The ego, as I see it, is a front we maintain to keep us from remembering the conditioning that made us feel evil. Since we were made to feel the worst in the world, we survive and hide behind the idea we are good and would rather die than know it because we did die psychically by having our innate joy of being ourselves destroyed.

I believe this is a particular problem for conservatives because they more than liberals have been programmed to respect authority and be loyal to a group. They have a greater need for moral certainty around those two issues especially.

OK. The only ways I could have read your post was 1. sarcastic or 2. exposing a fragment of your own ego. I am glad the answer was #1, but it made me feel lonely to see that. That's exposing something of my own ego, and I think an accurate assessment of the forum at the same time. The most hopeful reading of this situation for me is that you are becoming less defensive about how you express yourself.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
OK. The only ways I could have read your post was 1. sarcastic or 2. exposing a fragment of your own ego. I am glad the answer was #1, but it made me feel lonely to see that. That's exposing something of my own ego, and I think an accurate assessment of the forum at the same time. The most hopeful reading of this situation for me is that you are becoming less defensive about how you express yourself.
I watched the Tucker Carlson segment before I started reading this thread and had, I think a much more mild emotional reaction to it than I was reading up to where I first posted in it. I didn’t feel terribly offended or disturbed by a sense of his hypocrisy. I saw what I see in conservatives generally, the inability to credit that liberals are every bit as certain of their own moral principles as he was and is. I saw a man who believes what he said, that it is wrong to judge people by skin color but from a place of fear that liberal hatred is boundless and evil in that the charge of racism will be used as a tool to destroy conservative principles that liberals do not share.

Maybe I can say that I see him as blind and not evil or that what makes him evil is not core rottenness but blindness. I just don’t hate him like it seems others do. I see a prisoner of his conditioning and I see the same condition in me.

So I didn’t mean to be sarcastic or egotistical. I just said what I see as words that mirror what I saw, that we hate evil and love the good without knowing how we got that way and that it is universal and divisive and pathetic because all hatred of others is a projection of what we learned to hate in ourselves, a condition we will not see because it hurt to have gotten to be that was and thus will hurt to get free. I believe this to be true and that I know it to sone degree at least through personal experience. I used to suffer or so I thought rather deeply, to a degree at least that drove me to seek. I have heard Since that if you seek you will find. I would support that as factual.

At the time in my life when I was collapsing into the misery that changed the direction of my life when I lost the things I held sacred, I sought psychological help and was told I was defensive and to which I said I was not. Now you have expressed the hope I am becoming less defensive but perhaps not, because, as of old, I am not defensive.

Perhaps then, what I am is defensive but don’t see it. For that reason then, I would welcome a chance to defend myself against any charges you might want to make to help me see in what way you have seen me to seem defensive. Who knows, something might get through. :)

I do feel I make the best effort I know how to in replying to you.

Edit: Some time has past since I began this post and I have become aware that your confession, for a lack of a better word, that you feel lonely Has left me feeling a sadness. I guess it is because I know what it is to feel lonely. Naturally helping you with that, something I wish I could do, I could only do if I could help myself with those same feelings. I do have some things I believe to be true about that I can share:

I think loneliness is the sorrow of loss and in particular the loss of our true selves. But I think it was my true self I briefly experienced when I gave up all hope of finding meaning as I conceived it to be. We are not alone. Our true self is always with us just hidden by fear that if we were to be real again the same disaster that happened long ago would happen again. To feel is to live and to allow loneliness in is healing. Being joy is in the direction of our fears.

The constant dilemma I live with is that to bring light is to bring pain.

“Did we but suffer we would not suffer”. I heard Jesus said that in something called the Apocrypha.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Ding ding.

And which one do you think hurts more? Some fucking hill billies in bum-fuck-istan saying "Dey terk our JERBS!" or people in progressive high-minority population urban cities that are keeping the darkies out from their neighborhoods, school districts, etc? They always make sure to price them out of everything in life.

not incorrect.

....but let's also not forget your consistent, always unprovoked derision directed at cities and anyone who lives in cities on these forums, as a contrast to the perfect serenity and only "real smart person choice" of living in the suburbs, which you of course champion (again, unprovoked).

The irony of you not even knowing why suburbs exist in the first place, being the best part.

Reactions: hal2kilo

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
These are the posts that confuses the hell out of me. How can you type this shit out without realizing the truth of the matter? The core of it?

If the black population is 14% then why isnt the number 14%? Should it be 14%? What are YOU gonna do to fix it?

"complain about every honest attempt to fix it, political, legal, social, and hand wave them all away, one-by-fucking-one, with some meaningless cowardly phrases like 'virtue signaling!' and of course never offer a single counter suggestion"

of course, the self-appointed "smartest person in the room" never has to tell people what needs to be done, because they are all too stupid to understand his brilliance.

Reactions: hal2kilo

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
"complain about every honest attempt to fix it, political, legal, social, and hand wave them all away, one-by-fucking-one, with some meaningless cowardly phrases like 'virtue signaling!' and of course never offer a single counter suggestion"

of course, the self-appointed "smartest person in the room" never has to tell people what needs to be done, because they are all too stupid to understand his brilliance.
According to this one guy, only thing it takes to break the circle is for dads to stay with their baby mommas and be a father figure. So if black men would just get their shit together, problem solved, and def. not a some1-problem.