TT Walking Dead DLC announced

Madia

May 2, 2006
A new DLC for season one of the Walking Dead entitled 400 days has been announced. It will bridge the gap between seasons 1 and 2. The choices you made in season 1 will affect 400 days and the choices you make in 400 days will affect season 2. The cost will be $5:

http://www.telltalegames.com/walkingdead/400days
http://www.telltalegames.com/walkingdead/400days/about
http://www.telltalegames.com/walkingdead/400days/faq

Edit: From tt's twitter promo it's coming out next month. Can't wait to play it.

Last edited:

BergeLSU

Apr 6, 2011
A new DLC for season one of the Walking Dead entitled 400 days has been announced. It will bridge the gap between seasons 1 and 2. The choices you made in season 1 will affect 400 days and the choices you make in 400 days will affect season 2. The cost will be $5:

http://www.telltalegames.com/walkingdead/400days
http://www.telltalegames.com/walkingdead/400days/about
http://www.telltalegames.com/walkingdead/400days/faq

I'm looking forward to this so hopefully it will be released fairly soon.

I finished season 1 last night. That is some powerful storytelling.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Sounds good to me. I will also happily spend $5 on such a great game.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
I'll snag it, but I hope the choices have deeper consequences than they did in season 1. (I want plot-changers, not dialog changers).

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
I'll snag it, but I hope the choices have deeper consequences than they did in season 1. (I want plot-changers, not dialog changers).

I really doubt it's that deep. It'd be cool to do "choose your own adventure" but..alas..

Madia

May 2, 2006

I'm guessing that programming-wise it would be too time intensive to have all the player's choices have major consequences. However, I do think they could put in one major decision that the player makes (maybe around the end of the second episode) that drastically changes the rest of the season. That would give the game more replay value. With season one I felt that most of my choices were for the purpose of roleplaying what kind of man Lee was rather than affecting the story. Because of that I never ended up replaying the entire game and mostly looked on youtube to see what effects various choices had.

Also, 400 days seems like a lot of time has elapsed. The time frame of the first season was what, a couple months? And I think about the same amount of time has elapsed on the television series.

Also, at 0:37 in the trailer: Kenny?

amanoai

Nov 19, 2003
This is great, just in time for the 4th! I don't know if I should get it right away or wait a bit to see if there are any serious bugs.

Madia

May 2, 2006
This is great, just in time for the 4th! I don't know if I should get it right away or wait a bit to see if there are any serious bugs.

I'd recommend picking it up once it's available. I imagine that any serious bugs were ironed out long ago with patches for the base game and if you're unfortunate to encounter any bugs they'd most likely be minor (audio hiccups, etc.). Plus it's only $5 so there's not a lot of risk.

amanoai

Nov 19, 2003
I'd recommend picking it up once it's available. I imagine that any serious bugs were ironed out long ago with patches for the base game and if you're unfortunate to encounter any bugs they'd most likely be minor (audio hiccups, etc.). Plus it's only $5 so there's not a lot of risk.

I'm more concerned if the bug(s) wipe out the saved files or something. We'll see, maybe I will just BBQ and eat the whole day and check it out over the weekend.

Ichigo

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2005
I went from being annoyed about the choices not having material consequences to being kind of impressed at how they did it.

It's pretty clear to me that if you just play through your own story with no restarts and without spoiling yourself beforehand, your experience will definitely feel like there were a lot of consequences at least until you learn the details of every path.

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
I went from being annoyed about the choices not having material consequences to being kind of impressed at how they did it.

It's pretty clear to me that if you just play through your own story with no restarts and without spoiling yourself beforehand, your experience will definitely feel like there were a lot of consequences at least until you learn the details of every path.

I don't mind that your choices don't make differences in the story, because they do make differences in your relationship with the other characters, which is what the game is all about.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
I don't mind that your choices don't make differences in the story, because they do make differences in your relationship with the other characters, which is what the game is all about.

But those relationships, outside of the psychodrama, are meaningless. You can be someone's best friend or their worst enemy, and with some rare exceptions they'll still do the exact same things and behave the exact same way when it matters.

Don't get me wrong the writing and voice acting are amazing, and it's great as an interactive movie, but that's all it's really great as. I obsessively played through the entire game in one sitting as soon as I got it, then went online and read that the choices affect fuck-all and that there was no reason to ply it again.

Last edited:

Madia

May 2, 2006
I beat the DLC in around 2 hours. It was a good episode with the focus squarely on the survivors rather than the walkers. The only thing was I didn't notice any decisions in the base game affecting it. Maybe there's something minor I missed since I didn't play the base game since the last episode. Overall, it's definitely worth picking up for fans of the game.

amanoai

Nov 19, 2003
I read it that it was pretty short so 2 hours sounds about right. Haven't played it yet myself but I did buy and installed it already.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Played it, was interesting. Curious if it is the set up for Season 2 or not.

Oddly, at the end
one of my chars didn't go to the town, even though it seemed like they had all agreed to go...