TT Esports Black Element and Azureus Mini Double review

usrebmot

Feb 9, 2011
mouse.jpg

Screw the intro : I’m lazy
Thermaltake Black Element
The Black Element is a $65 mouse from Tt esports Optimized for MMORPG or RTS gameplay what boasts a 6500 dpi laser sensor, 1000 hz polling, 5 profiles and 128 kb onboard memory.
Specifications
• Interface: Gold-plated USB
• Sensor: Laser 100-6500 dpi
• Cable: 1.8m Braided
• Dimensions: 123.8 x 66.7 x 41.6mm
• USB polling rate: 1000Hz
• 9 macro buttons
• Rubber coated
• Onboard memory: 128 kb for storing up to 45 macro settings in 5 profiles
• Response time: 1 ms
• Removable weight: 5 x 4.5g
• Warranty: 2 Years
The Tt Black Element comes in a box that highlights its 9 macro keys, 6500 dpi sensor, and 5 profiles. Along with the mouse, the box contains a carrying pouch, software CD, 2 year warrenty card, and 2 stickers.
The mouse has dimensions 123.8 x 66.7 x 41.6mm, wide non-stick feet, a 1.3m braided cable with gold-plated connecter and branded Velcro cable wrap, is rubber coated, and has a chunky scroll wheel. The main left and right click buttons have a slight U shaped depression to fit your fingers and the mouse overall is quite ergonomic and comfortable. The mouse is aesthetically pleasing and this is accentuated by the lighting: LEDs in the Scroll wheel, The Tt Logo, and a strip down each side. Lighting may be turned on/off by software and different colors denote different profiles
The first macro keys are 3 thumb buttons: two large and one small, above the curve of the side of the mouse and right under the LMB. On the right there is a single larger button in the exact opposite area. 2 more buttons, under the scroll wheel, by default letting you change DPI on the fly.
The Black element has a removable weight system in the heel of the mouse consisting of a rubber block with 5 holes, one for each 4.5g weight. Underneath the mouse is also where the button to change profiles.
The software is simple and easy to use but lacks game integration. While the Tt boasts that it has 9 macro keys, these keys include both main mouse buttons and the scroll wheel, which if you use them normally, reduces macro keys to 6. The lighting is also controlled here; scroll wheel, sides, and long can be turned off/on independently of each other. Each profile has 4 DPI settings that are customized here. They are by default set to 800/1600/3200 and 6500. The DPI of any of these levels can be changed to anywhere between 100 and 6500 for both the X and Y axis. The polling rate is customizable between 125, 500, and 1000HZ. There are also the normal mouse settings including; double click speed, scroll speed, and cursor speed. Lastly, it also includes a macro recorder. The onboard memory allows you to save your settings to your mouse and use them on any computer WITHOUHT having to install the software. That means you carry your profiles with you.
Usage: The mouse feels solid during use and its weight system should satisfy the needs of most gamers. The Side buttons are easy to locate although I had some trouble feeling comfortable with the middle button because it is slightly recessed, others I asked found no problem with it. The mouse fits well in my hand and is comfortable to use. The only con I found was that this mouse may not have enough macro keys to satisfy some MMORPG and RTS gamers because the 2 under the scroll wheel are slightly difficult to reach quickly. Otherwise, the only other con with this mouse is that the software is not as innovative or polished as those of other companies. It is also packed in an RAR file on the TT Esports site. However, the software is very straightforward and does not need many instructions to use.
Summary: The Black Element is a very good quality gaming mouse for a low price that looks nice and works well. As a flagship mouse, the Black Element stands up to the challenge. It is has well thought out form, a great software suite, and LEDs to match any system décor. I found the 7 profiles useful when different people had different preferences, or when playing different games. I could game, surf, and edit media with the Black Element for over 7 hours without feeling the wrist discomfort that I’ve experienced with other mice. My only annoyance is that the only weight is 4.5 grams (x5). I would have liked a 10 gram of so weight for people used to wireless of older mice. Although some gamers may find it slightly lacking in macro buttons and software, The Black Element is a great all around performer, easy and fun to use, and well worth the price.
Rating 9 (because of the 4.5 gram weights )
CY4A9955.jpg

CY4A9957.jpg

CY4A9958.jpg

CY4A9959.jpg

The Tt Azureus Mini
The Azureus Mini is a smaller mouse by Tt esports that costs $40. This is TTe’s lowest end mouse, and among one of the cheapest ‘gaming’ mice out there. The specifications are:
400/800/1600 dpi switchable optical sensor
‧ 500Hz / 2ms response
‧ Gold-plated USB connector
‧ 1.8m braided fiber cable
‧ Approximate size: 114mm (length)
x 62mm (width) x 37mm (height)
First thoughts: WOW, for twice the price of a typical office mouse, the Azureus Mini offers quite a bit. It might not have a truly customizable DPI, but for most users, this is more than enough. The gold plate, and braided cable are nice touches, similar to TT Esports higher end mice.
Usage: This mouse is actually very small. Perfect if you have really small hands or need a travel/backup mouse. The mouse lacks any macro buttons besides for the 2 main buttons and scroll wheel. The mouse is designed with the top being wider than the bottom and the heel wider than the front, and slightly raised main mouse button edges. That and with the rubber coating makes it feels very secure in your hand. The mouse’s weight is just right allowing it to be stable yet light enough to move quickly. With no moving parts, it also feels extremely sturdy. DPI is changed by a 3 point switch under the mouse. The scroll wheel is slick and it and the logo on the heel are lighted.
Summary: While great for casual gaming, some may find that the lack of macro keys make this mouse only useful for playing FPS or some RTS games. Even muti-taskers who use mouse buttons for ‘back’ and ‘alt+tab’ will find this mouse strangely lacking. Also, missing is the option to remove the internal weight. Otherwise this mouse is perfect if you need a small durable mouse just for everyday usage. It is well built, looks great, feels sturdy while being small enough to put in your pocket, and most importantly, simply works.
Rating 8
CY4A9963.jpg

CY4A9965.jpg

CY4A9966.jpg

CY4A9961.jpg

zionmods1.jpg