trying to jump to a new job after first one

Status
Not open for further replies.

jingramm

Oct 25, 2009
I'm currently working in Texas and I've been with my current company for about two years directly after college. I am ready to move and go to a second job. What is the best approach for this?

I've been applying online on company websites, but no responses. I am interested in the Bay area right now. I have an engineering background and I am hoping to enter the high-tech field. Any recruiters that you can recommend for the SF area?
I have not posted my resume on monster yet because my location criteria is so specific. Please let me know about the success you've had jumping to another company while working. Unfortunately, I don't have much of a network out there.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
I'm currently working in Texas and I've been with my current company for about two years directly after college. I am ready to move and go to a second job. What is the best approach for this?

I've been applying online on company websites, but no responses. I am interested in the Bay area right now. I have an engineering background and I am hoping to enter the high-tech field. Any recruiters that you can recommend for the SF area?
I have not posted my resume on monster yet because my location criteria is so specific. Please let me know about the success you've had jumping to another company while working. Unfortunately, I don't have much of a network out there.

On Monster, Dice, etc you can specifically list where you're looking for employment though you'll more than likely also get contacted for positions all over the country.

Lots of positions that are posted on Monster, Dice, etc are posted by recruiters. If you've only been looking for jobs that are being posted by companies directly, you should also consider positions being posted by recruiters b/c many companies will only post thru recruiters.

Last edited:

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
Silicon valley has pretty high unemployment right now and wages are decreasing due to the low demand.

with only 2yrs of experience you are not that skilled so no one is desperately seeking your skillset right now as there are ton of your types living at home while on unemployment in Silicon valley.

Status
Not open for further replies.