Trying to fix a computer...

hjo3

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Wouldn't start... seemed to be an issue with the PSU (fans would rotate for a half second and stop), so I replaced it and tried again. It ran but didn't beep or send video signal. Tried disconnecting the power to drives, removing PCI cards, etc. Sometimes it'd start, sometimes it wouldn't... I was getting irritated, so I replaced the whole system with another and it wouldn't power on... turned out that outlet on the power strip was wonky. Man, did I feel dumb.

Cliff notes:
-Computer seemed broken but it was the power outlet

Yeah, I'm bored.

Theguynextdoor

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2004
Originally posted by: hjo3
Wouldn't start... seemed to be an issue with the PSU (fans would rotate for a half second and stop), so I replaced it and tried again. It ran but didn't beep or send video signal. Tried disconnecting the power to drives, removing PCI cards, etc. Sometimes it'd start, sometimes it wouldn't... I was getting irritated, so I replaced the whole system with another and it wouldn't power on... turned out that outlet on the power strip was wonky. Man, did I feel dumb.

Cliff notes:
-Computer seemed broken but it was the power outlet

Yeah, I'm bored.

You think that's bad, I got pissed at the thing cause I needed something off of it right away, I threw it down the stairs. My sis comes up and points out what the problem was...

Bozono

Banned
Aug 17, 2005
teeeheeheee(at Tennessee). Normally I'd suggest the Front Panel hook-ups; though shoddy power always sucks(teeheeehee).