trying to be mcse certified.. what are the courses that i should take?

AnimeKnight

Golden Member
Jan 8, 2000
i wanna to be mcse certified.. but i don't know which classes to take.. also can you still take the NT 4.0 tests and be mcse certified on that?
thanx

nickdakick

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
Poor guy, no answers so far. Can't give you advice, but this will at least push your post.;)

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
i plan on getting mcse cert. before i graduate from college in 4 years.

i am going the w2k route. needless to say, there are still some tests i cannot take yet...

i still have to get books.

jmcoreymv

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I dont see the point of taking the NT4 tests, since when they are retired youll still have to upgrade to win2k tests. Also just read a book and setup a home lan with win2k server/pro/adv server to play with.

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
Here is a link to get you started.You need to tailer your education to realistic achevable goals and use tools that will get you there.I have every book in my personal library for preparing for mcse to linux to a+ and i will have cisco next week and novell in a month.

NT4 will retire end of this year.I recommend using that path.Why? most networks are still NT4. It is a boon to have knowledge of that OS and you then can take an accelerated path for W2K msce cert. But you will find the prep material is a LOT of reading and comprehension.
you haven't much time to get that MCSE NT4

http://www.microsoft.com/trainingandservices/default.asp

Good luck;)

KidViciou$

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
i plan on getting my mcse within one year and cisco within two years. i plan on getting my cisco within two years.

im just buying the win2k books for 140 from amazon, because i understand basic networking. il llet you know how it goes, im short for time right now.