Trying something new.. your suggestions on guitar

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Ha!!!! I love this stuff! I gotta get in on this action. Will try to post something tonight :D

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Pepsi90919
FREEBIRD! STAIRWAY!!

;)

I have a running gag when someone asks me to play Freebird, I start playing Stairway (and viseversa). Always gets a laugh ;)

upsciLLion

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001
I'm currently working on POSTING SOME OF MY SHRED right now, Drew. Should be up in the next 10 minutes or so.

upsciLLion

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001
Originally posted by: aplefka
Originally posted by: CorporateRecreation
Originally posted by: upsciLLion
I'm currently working on POSTING SOME OF MY SHRED right now, Drew. Should be up in the next 10 minutes or so.

YES

It's been 16.

See here. I started screwing up toward the end, so I just went into a crazy solo.

The rhythm's also a bit off since I'm still getting used to this guitar.

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
That solo at the end is nice.

I wish I was good enough at bass that I could make a solo seem sweet. It's just not the same. :(

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
Bump for dave, also I'll stop for tonight, if people want something post and I'll try and do it tomorrow

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
You should retitle this thread to something else so people know what it is from just the title.

shilala

Lifer
Oct 5, 2004
I had cottage cheese and a bad spinach salad for lunch at the hospital yesterday.

thirdlegstump

Banned
Feb 12, 2001
So I'm trying something out, we'll see if it works out. Post a guitar rock song that isn't ridiculously complex, perhaps a time range of a song you want to hear a riff from, and I will record it and post it. If your post is quoted I will record the clip. Please no solos, learning a solo note for note is kind of silly and not very innovative, I will add my own flare to it.

If this sucks, this thread will be about cottage cheese.

How about not playing the solo note for note but to play an improvised variation of it showing your mastery of the original's style?

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
Originally posted by: deathkoba
So I'm trying something out, we'll see if it works out. Post a guitar rock song that isn't ridiculously complex, perhaps a time range of a song you want to hear a riff from, and I will record it and post it. If your post is quoted I will record the clip. Please no solos, learning a solo note for note is kind of silly and not very innovative, I will add my own flare to it.

If this sucks, this thread will be about cottage cheese.

How about not playing the solo note for note but to play an improvised variation of it showing your mastery of the original's style?

I said this mainly because of time. If people wanted results and didn't mind waiting a few days I could have it completely mastered :p