• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Try to install Brave browser on S9, can't find

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Google Play, the Play Store, I search for:

Brave Browser

Brave

Browsers

I get nothing. It has me searching for movies or TV, WTF. I grant, I don't know much about Android but what is this ish? Instead, I searched on this laptop and went to the Google store and found it there and set up the install on my S9. Why did this happen?

Reactions: JEDIYoda

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Google Play, the Play Store, I search for:

Brave Browser

Brave

Browsers

I get nothing. It has me searching for movies or TV, WTF. I grant, I don't know much about Android but what is this ish? Instead, I searched on this laptop and went to the Google store and found it there and set up the install on my S9. Why did this happen?
Did it install on your S9 when you did it from laptop?

I just opened Google play and searched for Brave Browser and it was the first result.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Did it install on your S9 when you did it from laptop?

I just opened Google play and searched for Brave Browser and it was the first result.
Yes, it's installed. But why couldn't I find it in Google Play? Some dang setting? Gotta get to the bottom of that!

Reactions: JEDIYoda

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Well, since it's already installed, why? Anyway, if that was available, searching on Brave should have pulled it up but it didn't. Something about my S9 prevented it.
try uninstalling Samsung app store? You may only be able to rollback to inbuilt version and disable.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I've seen some app stores that won't show search results for an app if your device is not compatible. Perhaps the latest Brave version isn't compatible with the S9. Or maybe Samsung doesn't want you using other browsers.

Or maybe your app store only shows the app you have installed in a certain section of the store. With the Play store on my phone you click the hamburger menu, go to "my apps & games" and then tap "installed" to see your installed apps. With that said I have no problem searching the store for my installed apps but I have a Motorola. Try searching your store for other apps you installed yourself and see if can find them.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mikeymikec Mobile Devices 9
G Mobile Devices 0

ASK THE COMMUNITY