Trump's US Supreme Court Nominee Thread

Page 44 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
The USA isn't China and the laws that exist would not allow the lock down such as China did.

The WHO and the CDC was changing their narrative on a weekly basis is not daily.

On Jan. 26, Fauci “What can you tell the American people about what’s been going on?” Catsimatidis asked. “Should they be scared?”

“I don’t think so,” Fauci said. “The American people should not be worried or frightened by this. It’s a very, very low risk to the United States, but it’s something we, as public health officials, need to take very seriously.”

Feb 17, 2020:

What do you think this proves?

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
The USA isn't China and the laws that exist would not allow the lock down such as China did.

The WHO and the CDC was changing their narrative on a weekly basis is not daily.

On Jan. 26, Fauci “What can you tell the American people about what’s been going on?” Catsimatidis asked. “Should they be scared?”

“I don’t think so,” Fauci said. “The American people should not be worried or frightened by this. It’s a very, very low risk to the United States, but it’s something we, as public health officials, need to take very seriously.”

Feb 17, 2020:

Can no one change their mind or position when they have more information?

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
That Fauci like almost all Doctors operate on what they know at the time and give you an assessment based available data.

As with mask, morons like to try call Fauci out saying he told people not to wear masks early on. In reality what he and the experts said was, we don't have the masks we know work and we don't have data on cloth masks. Please don't go out and horde the surgical masks needed by people on the front line.

As more data came in the message changed as it should but the cult doesn't like science

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
People got it wrong in January. February, March. April.

That's people for you.

But to intentionally get it wrong in June, July, August, September, October...that takes a real piece of fucking trash.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009

Feb 17, 2020:

Study links trump rallies to 700 deaths. It literally is not an exaggeration to call these rallies a plague upon the earth.

He's at least responsible for some deaths.. how many is debateable but its at least 700 in this study from his rallies alone (others put his policies at like 40-60K directly responsible for). Keep in mind none of these rallies had to happen and he was advised against holding them and often railed against governors who tried to keep the size down. I mean, I personally put Trump as directly responsible for Herman Cain's death from COVID-19. I also don't buy the callous view point that "well herman cain is a grown man and can do whatever he wants and made his choices" because even if someone doesn't die and just gets infected they may spread it to a totally unrelated person who eventually dies.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Feb 17, 2020:

So what? Your earlier assertion is obviously erroneous wrt China, WHO, and other govts as well. S Korea, Taiwan, New Zealand & Australia jumped on it a lot harder than saying it would be gone by April. I'm sure there were others, as well.

Well in that case the CDC and the WHO and all the other medical experts worldwide were also lying to the public.

It's also dishonest to go on about early missteps by others when the virus was going wild in the Northeast by April 1, showing its power, as Trump was tweeting to liberate Michigan 2 weeks later. It's extremely dishonest considering all the water under the bridge since then & Trump's insanity today. He'll be in Dubuque tomorrow, mindless that the virus is kicking ass in that neck of the woods. He just flat DGAF about the pandemic other than it being an impediment to re-election. It's the same for the chumps in the audience.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Just confirming that I read your post. I also agree that people are stupid that don't wear a mask when in close contact. I wouldn't go to one, but I do have the freedom to choose where I go still.

Has it occurred to you that their irrational devotion to a malignant narcissist has been foolish all along?