Trump's US Supreme Court Nominee Thread

Page 29 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
It is not. Here’s a graphic for you. Although it does not jive totally with what The Constitution says. In the impeachment proceeding the House is like the Grand Jury, but not really. The Senate decides on the removal. Unlike the Grand Jury, the impeachment never goes away. A civil servant, like the President, you are impeached. That never changes. The Senate, if they vote in agreement, is not a guilty or not guilty, it is about agreement and removal. Might want to research things a bit more.

Here is a complete outline by NYT. Nothing there says anything about guilty or innocent. In this case, even tRump admitted to doing it by putting out the transcript. The Senate proceedings are about agreement and removal.

Here is another:
“Article II, section 4 provides that officers impeached and convicted “shall be removed from office”; Article I, section 3, clause 7 provides further that “judgment in cases of impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any office of honor, trust or profit under the United States.”

f282a1e36c3a34253384bb06e8b94cc2.jpg
Read the simple graphic at the bottom of your post. It says exactly what I said. Right there in black and white "only the senate can conduct impeachment trials".

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
That's incorrect. The house impeached Trump, the trial occurs in the senate. Trump wasn't convicted of anything.

You guys are saying the same thing. Trump was impeached. That's the point and it is and always will be that way. Just like with Clinton, the senate did not convict him which meant no removal.

Reactions: hal2kilo and nickqt

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
You got proof ? If not it's the same type of lie that is repeated routinely in this forum. So......... proof? Yes, i thought so.
The guy openly fanaticized about fucking his own daughter. Not enough for you??? Have you ever openly fanaticized about banging any of your own children? Ok with that?

Also Trump hit on a 15 year old girl calling her a "piece of ass". You ok with that too? How many 15 year old girls have you banged in your 60s??

Reactions: alexruiz

alexruiz

Platinum Member
Sep 21, 2001
The guy openly fanaticized about fucking his own daughter. Not enough for you??? Have you ever openly fanaticized about banging any of your own children? Ok with that?

Also Trump hit on a 15 year old girl calling her a "piece of ass". You ok with that too? How many 15 year old girls have you banged in your 60s??

he is a q follower, so you cannot expect too much from him.
"trump is the champion of the children..." they claim.
"he banned epstein from his properties..." well, maybe because epstein tried a move on ivanka, but ivanka belongs to her daddy only. going to epstein mansion an getting different girls is still ok though.

On Cohen's daughter, that one is fairly recent, so the repugnants cannot argue that it was "when trump was a democrat"

Dec 10, 2005
  • Haha
Reactions: thilanliyan

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yea, I remember the usual airing of Republican grievances, during the sham SCOTUS nominee hearings. Pubs love to blame the state of affairs with this shit on the Bork nomination, ya know, it gives them license to due what they are doing now because Dems have been consistently attacking Republican nominees.

Yes, it is kind of amazing that they thought nominating the guy who conducted the Saturday Night Massacre to the Supreme Court was just fine and really it was Democrats who were the problem.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Considering how this new highly conservative Trump court will harm people by reversing previously decided law, with people losing healthcare coverage, with SS marriage returning back to the discretion of the state government, and with women's rights returning back to the 1930's, with all that damage this Trump court will cause I believe court stacking is and would be a fully justified fix for creating a more balanced court. Republicans would love to demonize the subject of "stacking" just as they have done with demonizing the term "liberalism". Republicans would love for the very subject of "court stacking" to be an undesirable intolerable consideration, where as what republicans have done by jamming through Trump nominees as some perfectly normal process. Well, court stacking should be perfectly normal process as well.

Jul 9, 2009

And your links to this ? ........links? Yes, just as i thought and just as i stated.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
You mean when they smeared and ruined Judge Bork? or when they lied and smeared Justice Thomas? or when they lied and smeared Justice Kavanaugh? or while they are still in the process of lying about and smearing Judge Amy Barrett?

That "High Road" ?

You poor thing. A female Supreme Court nominee claims to be a Constitutional originalist & nobody laughs in her face. The Framers didn't even give women the right to vote, let alone sit on the SCOTUS.

Jul 9, 2009
You poor thing. A female Supreme Court nominee claims to be a Constitutional originalist & nobody laughs in her face. The Framers didn't even give women the right to vote, let alone sit on the SCOTUS.
You do know that the Framers provided a system and a way for the Constitution to be changed over time ? No you apparently don't, so never mind.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
No, applying the Law and the Constitution is an "originalist" concept.

Perhaps you are thinking of Judicial activism ?
Perhaps you'd like to see the 5 (soon to be 6) conservative Justices become Judicial activists and go about changing the laws as they and their supporters see fit?

You seem to like buzzwords and talking points but have you ever looked up the effect of such policies? You probably should.

Jul 9, 2009
Lol, do you think about what you type?
Yes, in fact i think that President Trump is going to win re-election, that the Republicans will maintain control of the Senate and pick up seats in the House. I could certainly be wrong, but it's my opinion.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Yes, in fact i think that President Trump is going to win re-election, that the Republicans will maintain control of the Senate and pick up seats in the House. I could certainly be wrong, but it's my opinion.
You must be smoking the same bad crack Trump is. He is going to lose, and he is taking the Republican Senate down with him, which they deserve.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
No, applying the Law and the Constitution is an "originalist" concept.

Perhaps you are thinking of Judicial activism ?
Perhaps you'd like to see the 5 (soon to be 6) conservative Justices become Judicial activists and go about changing the laws as they and their supporters see fit?
Originalism is bullshit and stupid. Conservative justices are just as activist, they just cloak it under a new name.

And no, who the hell wants to have judges that purely see law through the lens of a bunch of wealthy white property owners from 240 years ago that saw everyone else as inferior in some way. Oh wait, I know who - a bunch of rich white men that want to keep it that way mostly for as long as possible and a bunch of idiots that will follow them over the cliff like the pied pipers children.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Originalism is bullshit and stupid. Conservative justices are just as activist, they just cloak it under a new name.

And no, who the hell wants to have judges that purely see law through the lens of a bunch of wealthy white property owners from 240 years ago that saw everyone else as inferior in some way. Oh wait, I know who - a bunch of rich white men that want to keep it that way mostly for as long as possible and a bunch of idiots that will follow them over the cliff like the pied pipers children.
Slavery was originalism.

It's all an excuse to cuck everyone out to the people who already have the money and power.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Brown V Board was a classic case of judicial activism by liberal justices. A lot of today's Trumphumpers haven't evolved too much further since then. Originalism. It's just another right wing slogan for the feeble minded.