Trumps tweeted "WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF" and i cant believe I agree with him

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DisarmedDespot

Jun 2, 2016
I dunno why it's so hard for starbuck to accept two facts at once.
  • The Chinese state massively fucked up by building a system where officials who report bad news (like covid-19) are punished, then dragging their feet to acknowledge it
  • The Trump administration massively fucked up by refusing to take it seriously for weeks, failing to prepare for weeks and now failing to take leadership or responsibility
Yes, China's fuck up really got the ball rolling, but the US had ample opportunity to prepare like other countries (ex: South Korea) did but the Trump administration failed to do so.

Atari2600

Golden Member
Nov 22, 2016
Did you even read what I wrote regarding current reports from Hong Kong? What happens to that curve once they start opening their country to flights from western countries?

No, you did not note opening to flights. I explained that to you. You were going on about xenophobia.

The growth in cases will die off again shortly after that influx - precisely because they are taking the measures Agent Orange is so reluctant to take.

As I’ve said repeatedly and as evident by the behaviors of western society, total lockdown is simply not going to happen.

Are Italy or France not western countries?

Atari2600

Golden Member
Nov 22, 2016
I dunno why it's so hard for starbuck to accept two facts at once.
  • The Chinese state massively fucked up by building a system where officials who report bad news (like covid-19) are punished, then dragging their feet to acknowledge it
  • The Trump administration massively fucked up by refusing to take it seriously for weeks, failing to prepare for weeks and now failing to take leadership or responsibility
Yes, China's fuck up really got the ball rolling, but the US had ample opportunity to prepare like other countries (ex: South Korea) did but the Trump administration failed to do so.

Correct.

With regards China, I imagine the idiots who did not report that bad news have probably had 9mm bullets lodged in their brains for some time. Any official will be under no illusion - do not ever attempt to hide anything like this again.
With regards the USA, the idiot who did not take it seriously or show one ounce of leadership may well be reelected later this year.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
I think we should resume Trump rallies first on a trial basis. Then based on how those go, we can decide how to proceed.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
No, you did not note opening to flights. I explained that to you. You were going on about xenophobia.
Which is being reported out of Hong Kong.

Example. The Hong Kong opposition is starting to fear that the pandemic will eliminate their political gains, and has given the government a means to further suppress them.

The growth in cases will die off again shortly after that influx - precisely because they are taking the measures Agent Orange is so reluctant to take.
No society can withstand multiple cycles of economy crippling quarantines without fracturing. Even if they flatten the curve, that doesn’t mean open for business, and there will be flare ups that inevitably appear.

Are Italy or France not western countries?
They are. So are Spain, Germany and the UK. I read an interesting article yesterday that Scottish islanders and highlanders resent the influx of urban dwellers to their “summer” residents, which is placing their largely rural populations at risk. Florida is dealing with an exodus of New Yorkers.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Glad the states are taking this seriously. Even the WV governor announced today that residents should shelter in place. Of course you can still go out for things like food but it's a start. We only have 20 confirmed cases so far.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Trump is a dumb fuck for not shutting down the US like India is doing. The asshole is going to sacrifice the populace for his fantasy of a strong economy going into the election. He sees everything through that cat's eye. We're faced with the prospect of a complete debacle, particularly if Trump isn't voted out in November. Absent that, I feel, there's little hope.

Make no mistake, Trump is campaigning. He's a politician, pure and simple.
Calling him a politician is a huge insult to the lowest life form, politicians. He is just a sick sick narcissistic stupid asshole.

Atari2600

Golden Member
Nov 22, 2016
Which is being reported out of Hong Kong.

Example. The Hong Kong opposition is starting to fear that the pandemic will eliminate their political gains, and has given the government a means to further suppress them.

Citation needed.

No society can withstand multiple cycles of economy crippling quarantines without fracturing. Even if they flatten the curve, that doesn’t mean open for business, and there will be flare ups that inevitably appear.

Citation needed.

No, your arse is not sufficient.

They are. So are Spain, Germany and the UK. I read an interesting article yesterday that Scottish islanders and highlanders resent the influx of urban dwellers to their “summer” residents, which is placing their largely rural populations at risk.

Do you understand the reasons why its placing the locals at risk?

[There already is coronavirus in the highlands.]

They want them gone as the health services up there are not sized for the extra influx of English campers.
Furthermore the dumb English campers are going to congregate at high density campsites which are not in any way shape or form good for social distancing, which will mean rapid spread among those idiots.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Citation needed.
Google.com

Citation needed.
Google.com

No, your arse is not sufficient.
Never go full retard. Insert ten year old youtube video.

Do you understand the reasons why its placing the locals at risk?

[There already is coronavirus in the highlands.]
Yes there is, and when you add population density to communities that lack the medical infrastructure, you put them at greater risk.

They want them gone as the health services up there are not sized for the extra influx of English campers.
Furthermore the dumb English campers are going to congregate at high density campsites which are not in any way shape or form good for social distancing, which will mean rapid spread among those idiots.
So is that Boris Johnson’s fault, or is it that western societies value liberty and independence, which are problematic during a pandemic. Compare the Londoners today to those that made sacrifices during the Battle of Britain.

Atari2600

Golden Member
Nov 22, 2016
#youjustwentfullretard

Waiting for a citation.

Its even simpler than posting a youtube video - so I'm hopeful with a little determination and channelling your inner Trump, your little mind should be able to wrap itself around the task and "win".

• Haha
Reactions: Meghan54