Trumps tweeted "WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF" and i cant believe I agree with him

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Trump can't really stop the lockdowns, right? They're being ordered by state governors. So it doesn't really matter if he wants to lift them.
Except that his idiot loyalists will likely follow his direction and go out. We'll see what enforcement on the state level looks like and if it's practical.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Except that his idiot loyalists will likely follow his direction and go out. We'll see what enforcement on the state level looks like and if it's practical.
exactly and we will what the idiotic Republican act like....this could get interesting.....

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Update:
President Donald Trump said Monday that he wants to reopen the country for business in weeks, not months.
Trump acknowledged there were trade-offs
FIFY --
President Donald Trump said Monday that he wants to reopen the country for business in weeks, not months.
Trump acknowledged people will die!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
We have to ask what could actually happen if we ended social distancing. Would it be as bad as we've been told?

Hmm.....

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
We have to ask what could actually happen if we ended social distancing. Would it be as bad as we've been told?

Hmm.....

Yes; we must question what the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and every Viral and Immunological expert on Planet Earth has already told us, and maybe just roll the dice to save our 401k's.

Am I getting this right?

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Oh my....
Americans are so impatient.
And I guess, watch far too many Disney movies with happy endings.
WHY would ANYONE believe THIS lying PRESIDENT???
AT ALL?????
EVER!!!
EVEN ONCE????
SERIOUSLY....

Untitled.jpg

Reactions: Muse and JEDIYoda

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
this is interesting. All the trumpies come out of their lairs and get sick, many die, their families lament and vote the motherfucker out of office. Am I hallucinating? I better take my temperature...

Reactions: JEDIYoda

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
this is interesting. All the trumpies come out of their lairs and get sick, many die, their families lament and vote the motherfucker out of office. Am I hallucinating? I better take my temperature...
I have already preidcted on these forums that this virus will lead to Trumps undoing......
I like calling him --- Dumpity Trumpity!!!

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Here are comments by various people about what Trump tweeted.......enjoy.....
Steve Hilton, who delivered the piece on Fox News that Trump parroted Sunday night strikes me as an inflammatory white supremacist Nazi type demagogue. WTF is he? That British accent? I've never heard/seen him before. I do NOT watch Fox News.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Steve Hilton, who delivered the piece on Fox News that Trump parroted Sunday night strikes me as an inflammatory white supremacist Nazi type demagogue. WTF is he? That British accent? I've never heard/seen him before. I do NOT watch Fox News.
I saw him for the first time a few nights ago and thought the same thing! I was leafing throw the channels and said to myself who is this idiot......
Let me tell you that he is one dumb fuck --
God I love this link --

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Meanwhile, we have been porked by Piglosi again. At least Trump is trying to get some relief to the American people, whether you like him or hate him, he's trying. Fucking green new deal, abortion, and other stuff she wants in the bill needs to god damn wait. There was bipartisan support for getting something done, until her seething hate for the president walked in and derailed it. Rot in hell, bitch!
I see you have been listening to the lies on FOX News .

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
I'm not convinced if Trump personally shot their family members they would believe he was wrong to do it, or that it was his fault.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
This is a MEDICAL problem not, a financial one. Does it have a financial impact? Yes, it does. Should we make medical choices based on that financial impact? HE'LL NO!
It’s both, and a capacity problem as well. Humans have placed dogmatic faith in government and science to protect us from a world that will evolve new ways to kill us.

This is a global pandemic. The underlying virus spreads quickly, carriers don’t know that they have it and its just lethal enough to be concerning to high risk demographics but defiantly ignored by low risk demographics.

Getting in front of this thing assumed a huge war stock of medical supplies, reserve medical staff, testing capability and hospital bed overflow. This is why the military has the reserves.

It stopped being solely a medical issue the moment it broke out of China. So long as people are going to beaches and gatherings or making Target runs, its going to spread.

We either shut it all down for a few weeks or we let it burn through the population. These half measures will only delay the inevitable and increase the financial impact.

Reactions: ivwshane

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
It’s both, and a capacity problem as well. Humans have placed dogmatic faith in government and science to protect us from a world that will evolve new ways to kill us.

This is a global pandemic. The underlying virus spreads quickly, carriers don’t know that they have it and its just lethal enough to be concerning to high risk demographics but defiantly ignored by low risk demographics.

Getting in front of this thing assumed a huge war stock of medical supplies, reserve medical staff, testing capability and hospital bed overflow. This is why the military has the reserves.

It stopped being solely a medical issue the moment it broke out of China. So long as people are going to beaches and gatherings or making Target runs, its going to spread.

We either shut it all down for a few weeks or we let it burn through the population. These half measures will only delay the inevitable and increase the financial impact.

Competent government would have made a dramatic difference. Instead, we have Trump and co.

Nov 8, 2012
This is a MEDICAL problem not, a financial one. Does it have a financial impact? Yes, it does. Should we make medical choices based on that financial impact? HE'LL NO!

You do realize that subsequently economic problems can result in health problems, right? Ask Venezuela how their health is going right now. Want to join in on the Maduro diet?

What exactly do you think will happen with 30% unemployment?

The point simply being is that there is a fine balance to be had here. No, don't do stupid shit from a virus' spreading perspective - but also don't do stupid shit from an economic perspective.