Trumps speech will there be a "You lie" moment? *Poll added*

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Will there be a similar "You lie" moment

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 16, 2005
On a lighter note it would be funny when Trump lies all the Dems hold this up...
164354416_207b3152e8_z.jpg

Delta house is ready
114998-animal-house-john-belushi-blut-Ta6N.gif

Reactions: MongGrel
Jul 9, 2009
So if you think it's ok for a member of Congress to yell "you lie" if the President says something untrue, then you'll defend if Democrats yell "you lie" like a dozen times during each and every Trump speech since that's about the minimum number of times he lies in EVERY SINGLE LAST SPEECH he gives?
When did I say it was OK for a member of Congress to yell rude shit at a President? Never. The question was asked who yelled it and i posted a link that included the information.

Feb 4, 2009
My response was not only on target for the thread, but answered a direct question in the thread.

Good thing the comment wasn't aimed at you.
On a serious note I congratulate you on accepting the original guy whose name I forgot was out of line and I'll assume particularly out of line for refusing to apologize.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
"Lose control" as in bust out laughing over some truly incredulous bullshit? It might happen.

Well, it does appear that Trump has been trying very hard to look and act very much like a stand-up comedian and not at all presidential, so I would hope that the Dems show some class and laugh at everything Trump says in his address to encourage him and show him that his comedy routine is being well received and appreciated. ;)

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
It's seriously low class and counterproductive and it's my sincere hope they do no such things. I hope Pelosi and Schumer can demonstrate they have better control of their caucus than the Rs did/do.

Make some effort to applaud at the agreeable bits, if there are any...

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It's seriously low class and counterproductive and it's my sincere hope they do no such things. I hope Pelosi and Schumer can demonstrate they have better control of their caucus than the Rs did/do.

Make some effort to applaud at the agreeable bits, if there are any...

I'll go with that. There may be some who won't show & much will be made of it if it happens. You know, the usual wah-wah of perpetual right wing victimhood.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
What's the odds. I'm going the 50-50 chance I'll place my ego bet at nothing will happen other than a gasp or no applause from some.
I also say Trump goes off the rails in the second half and talks about the fake media and it becomes a campaign speech.

What's your thoughts will there be an Obama "You lie" moment.
Someone please help me out with the guy who shouted that out in 2009(?)
Got your poll wrong, will there be a "TRUTH" moment would be more appropriate for the Trump's speech.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Well, it does appear that Trump has been trying very hard to look and act very much like a stand-up comedian and not at all presidential, so I would hope that the Dems show some class and laugh at everything Trump says in his address to encourage him and show him that his comedy routine is being well received and appreciated. ;)
Actually, a comedian who isn't trying to be one, who isn't even capable of it. That's why the disgusting pig abjured the Correspondents' Dinner.

The trick will be to react in a polite way that doesn't exclude some sort of disparagement, to push So-Called President Donald J. Asshole over the edge and cause him to be his own worst enemy -- again.

But that's a role he may have learned well, since he is "The Enemy of the People."

Truth be told, they won't need to call him a Liar. He'll only make it abundantly clear that he's the Master of Lies and Prince of Darkness, with every poorly-selected word he chooses to speak.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Cannot agree with you more! You sound so much like an abused child defending their abuser, "he beats me 'cause he loves me!"

Mmm. Interesting, though I've been watching to many L&O Special Victims episodes. The Sociopath evolves from an abused victim. I just had to pinch myself though. Did he say that?
"My bet is a 100% chance my dumb ass President will say something rude and stupid."

Not sure what the link for comment on Obama's statement is there for. Obama was so great, Trump would have to stand on Taj's shoulders just to kiss O's ass. Nah -- they'd both need a fire-truck ladder.

OK, though -- "my dumb ass [so-called] president will say something rude and stupid."

This is where my group-psychology speculations kick in. He was a disgusting, vile person on the Apprentice. He was disgusting vile person during the Birther hoopla.

What is he now? The same thing with lipstick?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I sure hope so. But it should be polite *cough* BullShit *cough* type of thing. We aren't UK after all.
This is my hope as well. Call Trump on his bullshit in real time. He will go off script and respond. Do it early enough in the speech and this could be high entertainment.