Trump's prime time address

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Was waiting for this topic.
Yea, tomorrow should be... another word for fun..... another disaster.
1. Close down government
2. Make everything a national emergency so he can do what he wants
3. Vlad proud.
4. Blowjobs.
5. Wtf

I will not watch his live address,
I will not watch the orange mess,
I'd first eat 50 razor blades,
Than hear "crisis" fake charade,
I'd rather self-catheterize,
Than listen to him spouting lies,
Not a second will I watch,
I'd rather be kicked in the crotch.

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
I'd rather practice for the 2019 scrotum-tweezing regionals that listen to the stream of propaganda that will spout forth. (I came in first again last year when nobody else entered!)

Supporters will love it, the rest of us will hate it, why bother. I'll see what some fact-checking spots have to say about it afterward, though I'm fairly sure I know.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I'd rather practice for the 2019 scrotum-tweezing regionals that listen to the stream of propaganda that will spout forth. (I came in first again last year when nobody else entered!)

Supporters will love it, the rest of us will hate it, why bother. I'll see what some fact-checking spots have to say about it afterward, though I'm fairly sure I know.

hopefully they do fact checking in real time.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
That would be nuts and a huge test to see if Congress is willing to keep him accountable. Bypassing them here would be worthy of impeachment all by itself.
Once again the abdicating Republicans are getting cover by Trumps actions. What, we passed a bill, actually 2 but..............

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I predict that a Mick Mulvaney, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Kirstjen Nielsen or someone from the Defense/Intel community will be forced to walk back something Trump says tonight. Probably within 24 hours.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Watched the tail end of his, then the d response.

He seemed pretty low energy and didn't add much. I don't understand what he thought he was going to make out of this other than an open invitation to Chuck and Nancy to publicly punch him in the face in prime time, which they did.

If he wasn't such an asshole maybe I'd feel bad watching him be humiliated on national television. But I don't.

Moron. Fucking moron.

Last edited:

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018

He seemed pretty low energy and didn't add much. I don't understand what he thought we was going to make out of this other than an open invitation to Chuck and Nancy to publicly punch him in the face in prime time, which they did.

If he wasn't such an asshole maybe I'd feel bad watching him be humiliated on national television. But I don't.

Moron. Fucking moron.

His thinking process, went something like this. "If I sit down at a desk, and don't shout, and try to look really serious, then people will forget that I lied to them over 7000 times, and that I'm really just a soulless, narcissistic, bully that throws temper tantrums to get what I want."

Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I DON'T GET IT....
THIS should be easy for democrats. EASY! A no brainer.
Democrats most be much more aggressive in confronting Donald Trump.
And Pelosi nor Schumer obviously are not up to the task.
Democrats are missing the mark, missing their only chance. They need a leader like Rep. Rashida Tlaib of Michigan to carry the banner, to tell it like it is and as every democrat is already thinking.
Nancy is only going to screw it up and eventually roll over. She's not selling the democrat side to the public like the democrats should be.
So what? Do they "want" Trump to win? To get his way?

If not for the democrats taking the house, Trump would have NO ONE ELSE to blame other than his own party. His own party in control would never agree to hand Donald Trump what he wants, his 5 billion bucks for a wall.
But NOW since the takeover has taken place, now Donald Trump can blame democrats.
And those in his own party can sit back and simply let the democrats take the blame, knowing all along that republicans too would never give Donald Trump what he wants. The republicans in Donald's own party need no longer worry about the wrath of Donald Trump. They can sit back and watch democrats shoulder that wrath.
If democrats had not taken the house in the last election cycle, Trump still would not get his wall funding. And these republicans know that....

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Trump seems to really believe he is some salesman virtuoso that could sell water to a dolphin. I think he really believed that if he could just talk to America he could sell us this wall. He really is that delusional.

PJFrylar

Apr 17, 2016
Trump seems to really believe he is some salesman virtuoso that could sell water to a dolphin. I think he really believed that if he could just talk to America he could sell us this wall. He really is that delusional.

Trump could sell water to a dolphin. He's enough of an asshole to take the dolphin out of the water and demand tribute in order to go back. This shutdown is evidence enough of that.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Trump could sell water to a dolphin. He's enough of an asshole to take the dolphin out of the water and demand tribute in order to go back. This shutdown is evidence enough of that.

Only Trump's base would define that as 'selling' the rest of the world would call it 'extorting'.

Trump's speech (translated): Nice country you have here, be a shame if something should happen to it.

Reactions: PJFrylar

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
[Joke] Melania was worried that Trump was "shooting with blanks" in their frustrated efforts to have another child, so she told him to go to the doctor before his big Media Message. And she told him his big Media Message was also very important..

The doctor told Trump that he might be impotent, and wished him luck in his Oval Office appearance.

Afterward, Trump encounters Melania and she asks why he was wearing such a fancy necktie. It wasn't even a "Trump" tie -- but something more stylish and expensive.

And he says: "Well . . . . I figured if I'm gonna be impotent, then I ought to look impotent!"

Reactions: kage69

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
I DON'T GET IT....
THIS should be easy for democrats. EASY! A no brainer.
Democrats most be much more aggressive in confronting Donald Trump.
And Pelosi nor Schumer obviously are not up to the task.
Democrats are missing the mark, missing their only chance. They need a leader like Rep. Rashida Tlaib of Michigan to carry the banner, to tell it like it is and as every democrat is already thinking.
Nancy is only going to screw it up and eventually roll over. She's not selling the democrat side to the public like the democrats should be.
So what? Do they "want" Trump to win? To get his way?

If not for the democrats taking the house, Trump would have NO ONE ELSE to blame other than his own party. His own party in control would never agree to hand Donald Trump what he wants, his 5 billion bucks for a wall.
But NOW since the takeover has taken place, now Donald Trump can blame democrats.
And those in his own party can sit back and simply let the democrats take the blame, knowing all along that republicans too would never give Donald Trump what he wants. The republicans in Donald's own party need no longer worry about the wrath of Donald Trump. They can sit back and watch democrats shoulder that wrath.
If democrats had not taken the house in the last election cycle, Trump still would not get his wall funding. And these republicans know that....
And yes somehow he blamed Democrats last year anyway, before they took the House.

Reactions: feralkid

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
So Trump is going back to the idea of an "emergency" and the Reps in a panic are saying we must stick together.

I'm reminded of a quote from Ben Franklin

"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Looks like a'hangin' times is comin'.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
  1. Declare a national emergency at the border.
  2. Tell Congress to !@#$ off.
  3. Also tell Congress he'll sign the budget they pass.
  4. "Hero" President ends the shutdown.

Didn't President Underwood pull a stunt like this in House Of Cards, where he declared a fake State Of Emergency in Washington DC to get his jobs bill funded?

I wonder if Trump has people rewatching that show for legislation ideas :)

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
  1. Declare a national emergency at the border.
  2. Tell Congress to !@#$ off.
  3. Also tell Congress he'll sign the budget they pass.
  4. "Hero" President ends the shutdown.

Shutdown ended.
Trump gets dragged to court.
"Obama" judge (according to him..) rules declaration invalid.
Trump cries because he can't shut down government.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
My guess is his ego is bruised and will declare a national emergency when or after he comes back thursday from the border. He'll fight it in the courts and hopefully gets slapped down by the SC.

This is all to duhvert from his horrible December he had and the Mueller investigation and to keep/get his base riled up for the campaign season.

Edit: heard that the early ratings for last night had Chuck & Nancy beating Trump's address.
He'll love hearing that...

Last edited:

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

He seemed pretty low energy and didn't add much. I don't understand what he thought he was going to make out of this other than an open invitation to Chuck and Nancy to publicly punch him in the face in prime time, which they did.

Moron. Fucking moron.
Labored breathing much. Keep up the diet.

CaptainGoodnight

Golden Member
Oct 13, 2000
If poverty is increasing and if wages are going down, I don’t know why we need millions of people to be coming into this country as guest workers who will work for lower wages than American workers and drive waged down even lower than they are now.

Reactions: kitkat22

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
If poverty is increasing and if wages are going down, I don’t know why we need millions of people to be coming into this country as guest workers who will work for lower wages than American workers and drive waged down even lower than they are now.
Maybe you should ask the Nunes family and the others in Iowa why they are hiring illegal immigrants to do their labor at their dairy farms, Rep. Steve King doesn't seem to mind.