Trump's prime time address

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Broadcast networks deliberating whether to air Trump's prime time immigration address.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/07/media/networks-trump-border-security-speech/index.html

What....?
Is Donald going to tell us he's even greater this week than he was last week? :D
Or, that federal workers actually enjoy not receiving paychecks, and would rather starve and become homeless in support of der fuhrer's wall?
Or maybe he's just decided to anoint himself King of America.
Whatever it is he has in mind, we can bet it will be all about him and what he wants and to everyone else a uncaring cold shoulder.
Let them eat wall.

Just today I was at my local social security office to replace a misplaced SS card.
While sitting there waiting for my number to be called, I noticed two pictures on the wall of this government office.
One of Donald Trump and one of Mike Pence.
For a second I thought I was on the set of some SNL skit. They might as well hung up two monkey pictures, it couldn't have been more ridiculous.
I wonder if hanging the pictures was an direct order from Trump? Directing that all federal offices must display Trump's mug shot, and in plain view?
Can you imagine if old Abe Lincoln could have time traveled into the future and looked at this wall?
At the two pictures?
Abe too would have thought he was stuck in some SNL skit. And they never had SNL back then....
I thought monkey pictures would be more appropriate.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
First step in attempting to legitimize a unilateral move, bypassing congress, to build the wall himself as a national security emergency?

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Was waiting for this topic.
Yea, tomorrow should be... another word for fun..... another disaster.
1. Close down government
2. Make everything a national emergency so he can do what he wants
3. Vlad proud.
4. Blowjobs.
5. Wtf

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
They shouldn't air any of his speeches live. Air it later so that the fact checking can run across the screen while he talks. Don't give him free air to lie to the American people.

Yes, I don’t understand why they would even consider airing this considering their prior standards on the issue.

Are they afraid he’s going to call them biased? Here’s a hint: he’s going to do that anyway. They might as well not compromise their principles and air propaganda.

Reactions: ch33zw1z and Bitek

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
What the over/under on his teeth falling out again?

Take a drink every time he slurs his words.

"I hereby declare a nashional emershenshy on our shoshern bordsher. Caravans of rapishs and drugs are flowing over like no one has ever seen before, and we need a Wall, immediashely

Or slats. Fence thing...A pointy curtain maybe.

Point is, we will build someshing, shomewhere, details not imporshant.

Gimme my billions. No collusion."

Last edited:

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Is there going to be time reserved for a democratic rebuttal? That has the potential to be great if they get someone ballsy enough to point out the emperor has no clothes on. A well spoken 7th or 8th grader would be perfect.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
First step in attempting to legitimize a unilateral move, bypassing congress, to build the wall himself as a national security emergency?

That would be nuts and a huge test to see if Congress is willing to keep him accountable. Bypassing them here would be worthy of impeachment all by itself.

Reactions: Bitek

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I'll go with declaring a national emergency and he's building the wall or so he expects. We'll probably start hearing about Youngstown Sheet and Tube vs. Sawyer

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
I'm so glad I have choices on Netflix..

1546905006558.png
I can so skip that!

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
  1. Declare a national emergency at the border.
  2. Tell Congress to !@#$ off.
  3. Also tell Congress he'll sign the budget they pass.
  4. "Hero" President ends the shutdown.

Feb 16, 2005
They shouldn't air any of his speeches live. Air it later so that the fact checking can run across the screen while he talks. Don't give him free air to lie to the American people.
or just air the parts where he's not lying, that shouldn't take more than 9 mins from start to finish

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
or just air the parts where he's not lying, that shouldn't take more than 9 mins from start to finish

I actually think it will be quite amusing if they do decide to air it later with fact checking running at the bottom of the screen while he talks. I might actually watch the speech this time if they do that.

I almost never listen to him speak any more. It makes me feel like punching things and I don't like feeling like that.

Reactions: Bitek

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
My copy of the Constitution doesn't mention national emergencies. Perhaps Trump's copy fell out of a bunch of bananas?

Reactions: ch33zw1z
Feb 16, 2005
I actually think it will be quite amusing if they do decide to air it later with fact checking running at the bottom of the screen while he talks. I might actually watch the speech this time if they do that.

I almost never listen to him speak any more. It makes me feel like punching things and I don't like feeling like that.
I can't make it more than 30 seconds before I want to throw something through whatever screen I see his bloated, orange face on.

cfenton

Jul 27, 2015

That's the only responsible thing to do. It makes no sense to give his rambling nonsense a free audience. If he wants to have a televised debate about immigration with a senior Democrat (and a moderator and fact checker), then it might be worth airing.