Trump's polling is getting worse and worse... what's he going to try to turn the tide this time?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
There will almost certainly be a late October announcement of a vaccine that works flawlessly, it'll be ready very, very soon after the election. China will be paying all the costs for research for it, and if we decide to let them purchase it, it will be at a super-high cost that will undo any economic damage done by the Chinese virus and the media attempts to ruin the economy.

If there isn't such an announcement I'll be absolutely shocked. We live in a country who thinks Bill Gates and 5G are behind the spread of the CV--which is a hoax, but if it was real they'd be behind it. This is way more believable than that, it'll suck in the rubes like a vacuum cleaner.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
There will almost certainly be a late October announcement of a vaccine that works flawlessly, it'll be ready very, very soon after the election. China will be paying all the costs for research for it, and if we decide to let them purchase it, it will be at a super-high cost that will undo any economic damage done by the Chinese virus and the media attempts to ruin the economy.

If there isn't such an announcement I'll be absolutely shocked. We live in a country who thinks Bill Gates and 5G are behind the spread of the CV--which is a hoax, but if it was real they'd be behind it. This is way more believable than that, it'll suck in the rubes like a vacuum cleaner.

He'll probably tie it together with some weird statement about protecting 2nd Amendment rights and an announcement on that another announcement will be made in a few days where a lot of people are saying that announcement which could be out next week or maybe the following week will be very tremendous .

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
Here's to hoping he gives up:

Won’t happen. It’s fodder for his base. It is like him saying, “I need you guys to support me.” They think he was put there by divinity, so they will show up, en masse. Got to keep the counter engaged and not get complacent like in 2016. Would have really loved the move we could have done is move from the first two-term President of color to the first female President. Could have been looking at 16 years of progress to overcome Regan and W Bush. Opportunity lost and it will mean Biden, then another two-term female. It will be almost 2030 before we start to get the impacts of the last two Republicon Presidents behind us. Amazing.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Won’t happen. It’s fodder for his base. It is like him saying, “I need you guys to support me.” They think he was put there by divinity, so they will show up, en masse. Got to keep the counter engaged and not get complacent like in 2016. Would have really loved the move we could have done is move from the first two-term President of color to the first female President. Could have been looking at 16 years of progress to overcome Regan and W Bush. Opportunity lost and it will mean Biden, then another two-term female. It will be almost 2030 before we start to get the impacts of the last two Republicon Presidents behind us. Amazing.
How does a fuck like him get sympathy.

Nov 17, 2019
to the first female President.
You talking about Billary? People despised that thing. The elevation of it to the general election is why we're here now. Had Joe run then, we would not be in this mess. Had ANYBODY but that evil thing been the D candidate, we would not be here now.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
You talking about Billary? People despised that thing. The elevation of it to the general election is why we're here now. Had Joe run then, we would not be in this mess. Had ANYBODY but that evil thing been the D candidate, we would not be here now.

Biden had been dealing with his son’s death, but I think even if he hadn’t, it was time for a female to lead us. He would have stepped aside to let her try. The stage was set. I guess “that evil thing” was clearly not as detrimental as this clown. Maybe the House and the Senate were lost but the Republicons could not have held out a SCOTUS nomination for four years. The 2018 election may have turned out the same and you couple that with a better response for this virus, then we are no where near where we are today. I also thing tRump would have been unhinged on Tweeter for these last few years and would have made a run here in 2020, again. His mental state has declined so he might not have done that well.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005

Honestly, I doubt it. Whoever it was that ran you would now be calling 'that evil thing' because it was all propaganda with almost no truth behind it to begin with, so it would have worked against almost anyone they put up. Look at what they were already trying with Biden. I'm sure by the election they will have convinced you that Biden committed war crimes against Bosnia and runs a gay brothel out of his lake house.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
Maybe so, but there wasn't one on the ballot.

Not sure there was a more qualified candidate than her in any election over the last 3 decades. First Lady, Senator, Secretary of State - shows she has the experience. Instead, the agitprop made her the villain. Maybe John Kerry, but that was just another example of agitprop. We should have learned, but repeated the mistake. We have lost our critical thinking minds! After 3 years of investigation, nothing. Her e-mails were a dead issue, but they did allow for the final act to turn things around. Amazing “that evil thing” lost by 70,000 votes in three States. Wafer thin!

Nov 17, 2019
Not sure there was a more qualified candidate than her in any election over the last 3 decades. First Lady, Senator, Secretary of State - shows she has the experience.
You can pour truckloads of lipstick on it, but it's still a pig.

ANY other D would have won.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
Here is another example of how things are unraveling. His golden goose, The Stock Market, has been tumbling.

Edit: Sorry, it’s behind a paywall. I forget that, as I subscribe. Here is the headline and initial paragraph.

U.S. Stocks Fall More Than 2%, End Week Lower

The Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped more than 700 points and limped home to a weekly loss as daily coronavirus infections increased rapidly, fanning worries about a slowdown in the economy’s reopening.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Hillary hate! You got the truthiness, huh?

Reactions: hal2kilo

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Your second comment is probably correct, and it pretty much has to do with the fact that the first comment speaks to a preposterous delusion shared by a large swatch of the electorate that simply believes a gigantic pile of horseshit, manufactured from the bowels of Gingrich, that has been main-lined into them for decades in order to achieve the very results in 2016.

Reactions: kage69 and hal2kilo

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Your second comment is probably correct, and it pretty much has to do with the fact that the first comment speaks to a preposterous delusion shared by a large swatch of the electorate that simply believes a gigantic pile of horseshit, manufactured from the bowels of Gingrich, that has been main-lined into them for decades in order to achieve the very results in 2016.
It's never a factual reason. Just years of Fox mind destruction.

Reactions: kage69 and Thump553
Feb 4, 2009

Not so sure, I don’t think any candidate could withstand a full on assault with zero domestic prevention from another major countries intelligence service.

Nov 17, 2019
See, here's the thing. I hated it before the rest of them started their campaign against it. I figured Daddy Bush was a slam dunk in '92. When Bubba won, I thought we were all done for. Then the Billaries seemed interchangeable, one holding the office, the other calling the shots. I was never sure which was which since they talked alike, walked alike, dressed alike .....

When it lost to BO, I hoped it would go away forever but then he elevated half of it again.

It shouldn't have even been eligible to run in '16 since it had already served two terms.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
See, here's the thing. I hated it before the rest of them started their campaign against it. I figured Daddy Bush was a slam dunk in '92. When Bubba won, I thought we were all done for. Then the Billaries seemed interchangeable, one holding the office, the other calling the shots. I was never sure which was which since they talked alike, walked alike, dressed alike .....

When it lost to BO, I hoped it would go away forever but then he elevated half of it again.

It shouldn't have even been eligible to run in '16 since it had already served two terms.
It????

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Here is another example of how things are unraveling. His golden goose, The Stock Market, has been tumbling.

Edit: Sorry, it’s behind a paywall. I forget that, as I subscribe. Here is the headline and initial paragraph.

U.S. Stocks Fall More Than 2%, End Week Lower

The Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped more than 700 points and limped home to a weekly loss as daily coronavirus infections increased rapidly, fanning worries about a slowdown in the economy’s reopening.

Doesn't count as a Trump (TM) unless the stock market drops at least 1000 points in one day.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
The courts are not set. Judges can be and have been impeached. Having the requisite numbers to impact this would be necessary to redress this. Most of these appointments were even against the Bar Assocaition ratings and recommendations. Additionally, we need to codify a new law that gets the Citizens Unity ruling overturned and all campaigns financed by the government with the exact same money on both sides.

Yeah, I recall how incredibly nonsensical some of those candidates that got rejected were as well as many of those that passed muster to the point where it became more than obvious that real qualifications were not what McConnell was looking for.

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Eh, I'm no fan of Hillary and Bill should have stayed in a cabin during that whole election...but she also got more bullshit propaganda thrown her way over the years than anyone. Now you can argue that made her a poor candidate to win the General, and there I'd agree...not fair to her, but I'd agree.

I think she'd be doing a far, far better job now with this pandemic than Trump and the clowns he has appointed is--Mike Pence running a virus task force, let that sink in--- but we'll never know.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Eh, I'm no fan of Hillary and Bill should have stayed in a cabin during that whole election...but she also got more bullshit propaganda thrown her way over the years than anyone. Now you can argue that made her a poor candidate to win the General, and there I'd agree...not fair to her, but I'd agree.

I think she'd be doing a far, far better job now with this pandemic than Trump and the clowns he has appointed is--Mike Pence running a virus task force, let that sink in--- but we'll never know.

We'll never know? Sure we'll know. You know why? Because my cat could do a better job with a pandemic, or just being POTUS, than him. And Hillary is smarter than my cat. QED