Trumps flip-flops on campaign promise to negotiate drug prices under Medicare

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
I mean honestly todate wtf has this guy accomplished? His presidency is a joke and the party that supports him as well.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Yeah, but Republicans don't want Trump to stop being Trump.

I guess they love bullshit.

They not only love it, they can't survive without it. They gorge themselves on it because anything tastes better than the bitter truth.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
At this point when Trump backs off from something like this, I just assume someone bribed him. He's the most easily bribed and corrupt President in history, so it's the most logical thing to assume.
bribed or blackmailed

Last edited:

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
I mean honestly todate wtf has this guy accomplished? His presidency is a joke and the party that supports him as well.

Trump has been an extremely consequential president. Not just destroying of norms and turning the executive branch into a lawless mess, but also putting two hard right supreme court justices and appointing a shitload of hard right federal judges that McConnell has sped through confirmation. Then the tax blow job for the rich and the tax hikes for everyone else through his retarded trade war.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
A politician flips on a campaign promise??? Shocked, I tell you! Just gobsmacked! Whoudathunk that would ever happen.

A politician flipping on a promise is as guaranteed as a liberal and a holier-than-thou hyper-conservative baptist acting superior and self-righteous.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
A politician flips on a campaign promise??? Shocked, I tell you! Just gobsmacked! Whoudathunk that would ever happen.

A politician flipping on a promise is as guaranteed as a liberal and a holier-than-thou hyper-conservative baptist acting superior and self-righteous.

Many of his voters supported him because he WAS NOT a politician. Because he was going to help them.

I saw through the lies, they didn't. Now they are burned in time for 2020.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Many of his voters supported him because he WAS NOT a politician. Because he was going to help them.

I saw through the lies, they didn't. Now they are burned in time for 2020.
they may be burned but they ain't toast yet so still support him until it completely crashes around them

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Lots and lots of federal judges. Mitch McConnell has been able to make 6 years of dicking over Obama payoff in a big way.

It's important to remember that whatever stooge the Con's voted for would've essentially ran the same game, and maybe would've gotten more shit legislation thru as well.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
It's important to remember that whatever stooge the Con's voted for would've essentially ran the same game, and maybe would've gotten more shit legislation thru as well.

They probably would have gotten some kind of repeal of the ACA through under a president Rubio, but I doubt Cruz could have done it with how hated he is. We probably wouldn't have a trade war with China under any other president.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I agree that almost any other gop candidate would probably be more effective at actually getting legislation through Congress. Trump the deal maker is hilariously bad at this.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
You think Trump is the only one to flip flop on this very issue? Or maybe its more outrageous because its Trump?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
You think Trump is the only one to flip flop on this very issue? Or maybe its more outrageous because its Trump?

What politicians have flip flopped on this issue? And to be clear, flip flopping is different than being unable to pass something.