Trump's 'evangelical advisor': 'God has given Trump authority to take out Kim Jong Un’

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ake-out-kim-jong-un-evangelical-adviser-says/

Texas megachurch pastor Robert Jeffress, one of President Trump’s evangelical advisers who preached the morning of his inauguration, has released a statement saying the president has the moral authority to take out North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

“When it comes to how we should deal with evil doers, the Bible, in the book of Romans, is very clear: God has endowed rulers full power to use whatever means necessary — including war — to stop evil,” Jeffress said. “In the case of North Korea, God has given Trump authority to take out Kim Jong Un.”

Jeffress said in a phone interview that he was prompted to make the statement after Trump said that if North Korea’s threats to the United States continue, Pyongyang will be “met with fire and fury like the world has never seen.”

The biblical passage Romans 13 gives the government authority to deal with evildoers, Jeffress said. “That gives the government to the authority to do whatever, whether it’s assassination, capital punishment or evil punishment to quell the actions of evildoers like Kim Jong Un,” he said.

He said that many pacifist Christians will cite Romans 12, which says, “Do not repay evil for evil,” but Jeffress says that that passage is referring to Christians, not to the government.

“A Christian writer asked me, ‘Don’t you want the president to embody the Sermon on the Mount?’ ” he said, referring to Jesus’s famous sermon. “I said absolutely not.”

In his sermon on the morning of Trump’s inauguration, Jeffress, senior pastor of First Baptist Church in Dallas, compared Trump to the story of the biblical leader Nehemiah who helped rebuild the city of Jerusalem.

The first step of rebuilding the nation, Jeffress said, was the building of a wall around Jerusalem to protect its citizens. “You see, God is not against building walls,” Jeffress said in his sermon at St. John’s Episcopal Church in Washington.

Jeffress is no stranger to controversy. He has said in the past that former president Barack Obama paved the way for the antichrist and drew wide attention for calling Mormonism a cult during the 2012 Republican primaries. Jeffress knows his comments on North Korea could be considered controversial, even among fellow evangelicals.

“Some Christians, perhaps younger Christians, have to think this through,” he said. “It’s antithetical to some of the mushy rhetoric you hear from some circles today. Frankly, it’s because they are not well taught in the scriptures.”

Over the past two years, Jeffress said, Trump has been “very measured, very thoughtful in every response.”

“People instinctively know that this president is not going to draw an imaginary red line and walk around it like President Obama did,” he said.

Attitudes about North Korea among evangelicals are unclear, he said.

“I think many evangelicals, like most Americans, really don’t pay attention to global affairs,” Jeffress said. “I believe we’re all going to be forced to soon if North Korea isn’t dealt with decisively.”

Jeffress last met with Trump in July when a group of pastors laid hands on the president in the Oval Office. He said now that health care is off the table, evangelicals are hoping for tax reform, though he didn’t have any specifics in mind.

Jeffress, who was was an early supporter of Trump, has said that after sharing Wendy’s cheeseburgers in Iowa, he believed Trump would be the next president and that it would be because God placed him there. In July, his church choir and orchestra performed a song called “Make America Great Again” at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts where Trump was in attendance.

Fanaticism is on the rise among the radicalized US evangelical right, as well as the radicalized portion of the GOP base - both groups moving further and further from reality into the constructed fantasy propaganda narratives of the Trump regime. Now according to this evangelical fanatic advisor to Trump raptor-riding Jesus is apparently good, in fact has endorsed, dropping nuclear weapons and instigating what is estimated to be the deaths of millions of innocents if there were a war with NK.

The made up man in the sky has Trump's back. I guess it makes sense given the bulk of what constitutes Trump and his reality is made up fiction. The radicalized portion of US evangelicals are the corollary to the Taliban for the west. Fully expecting to see them running out to praise Jeebus and talk to themselves with their hands pressed together, hoping for the best, most glorious Trump and God inspired incineration of the people in the Korean peninsula if Trump does decide to murder millions of Koreans to distract from the crimes of his campaign. And apparently it will be all good, because sky man reasons. Trump has 'evangelical advisors'... so no different than the mullahs in Islamic theocracies advising the president? The irony of Trump and his rhetoric against terrorism performed in the name of Islam by fanatics, is that he is breeding his own Christian fanaticism that will inspire divinely justified violence right at home. The difference being that these evangelical fanatics will use nuclear weapons instead of pipe bombs.

SNC

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2001
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ake-out-kim-jong-un-evangelical-adviser-says/

Fanaticism is on the rise among the radicalized US evangelical right, as well as the radicalized portion of the GOP base - both groups moving further and further from reality into the constructed fantasy propaganda narratives of the Trump regime. Now according to this evangelical fanatic advisor to Trump raptor-riding Jesus is apparently good, in fact has endorsed, dropping nuclear weapons and instigating what is estimated to be the deaths of millions of innocents if there were a war with NK.

The made up man in the sky has Trump's back. I guess it makes sense given the bulk of what constitutes Trump and his reality is made up fiction. The radicalized portion of US evangelicals are the corollary to the Taliban for the west. Fully expecting to see them running out to praise Jeebus and talk to themselves with their hands pressed together, hoping for the best, most glorious Trump and God inspired incineration of the people in the Korean peninsula if Trump does decide to murder millions of Koreans to distract from the crimes of his campaign. And apparently it will be all good, because sky man reasons. Trump has 'evangelical advisors'... so no different than the mullahs in Islamic theocracies advising the president? The irony of Trump and his rhetoric against terrorism performed in the name of Islam by fanatics, is that he is breeding his own Christian fanaticism that will inspire divinely justified violence right at home. The difference being that these evangelical fanatics will use nuclear weapons instead of pipe bombs.
While I have cringed and shook my head at some of the things that Trump has said, tweeted, had others say for him and the such, this exchange he is having with NK has my stomach messed up. When you have two stupid as fucking rocks nitwits with the power to kill thousands upon thousands get into a pissing match, nothing good can come from it. IF Trump backs down KJU will see that as a real weakness and might see it as a good time to attack. If Trump keeps poking the equally small psychotic in a manner that makes KJU look week in the eyes of his people, he might feel the need to attack. I never thought the US would have a president as dangerous as KJU.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thebobo

J.Wilkins

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017
LOL, I don't think Trump gives a flying fuck what this guy has to say on anything but it's pathetic to think that God could hand out authority to anyone.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
LOL, I don't think Trump gives a flying fuck what this guy has to say on anything but it's pathetic to think that God could hand out authority to anyone.
He cares because voters care, the same voters who overwhelmingly voted him.

Reactions: Homerboy

J.Wilkins

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017
He cares because voters care, the same voters who overwhelmingly voted him.

What you mean is that he pretends to care to look good for the voters, I'll agree to that.

I also don't think this guy would have ever said that God does NOT give Trump authority to take out the nitwit because the relationship is mutually beneficial.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Maybe God put the kim in NK for a reason.
Every time I see someone saying god is doing this because of that I think of this.

TS0RWTb.jpg

Sorry for the repost...

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Trumpelstiltskin is a ticking time bomb that we'll all have to pay for when it explodes. The religitards need to push away from their kool aid stand and come back to reality.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Trump's delivery of his threat was rather weak. He said words that made him uncomfortable, then said them again with a little extra somethin somethin once he realized he was repeating himself.

It's ok guys, it was Hillary that was gonna start WW3.

Reactions: tweaker2

Denly

Golden Member
May 14, 2011
Should have put a disclaimer and say "this is a personal opinion, does not represent the organization I working for"

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
So Jeffress is using Romans 13 as the justification, eh?

Wonder why he never spoke about this part.....the first lines in Romans 13:

Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

So God establishes the various governments and their authority, including Iran's, China's, and NK's, if I read this right. So God wants NK to exist and not to be questioned because the authority of NK's leadership has been established by God. So why are Jeffress and Trump trying to openly defy God's will?

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Over the past two years, Jeffress said, Trump has been “very measured, very thoughtful in every response.”
Is it possible to say that with a straight face?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
How nice that a fraud can declare himself God and give his blessing to a man who can't be a Christian.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
And so now I have an answer to how and why some evangelicals look to Trump as their USA based emissary and transceiver of messages from above. Parsing scripture to fit ones' agenda, especially a political one, is, IMO, blasphemy of the highest order.

Jeffress has been thoroughly blessed (infected) with the disease that Trump has been gleefully spreading wherever he goes. That Jeffress is in a position of influence makes his transgressions just that much more vile, that much more sorrowful.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Kill for Jesus!
**standard disclaimer - this is all tongue in cheek sarcasm and not to be take literally**
halleluiah raise your hands and pass the ammunition
time to put down this sedition
King Trump is ordained of God
to smite the enemy with a holy jihad
halleluiah amen
you must give up your freedoms again
do it in the name of Jesus