Trump's estranged niece publishing book about Trump and their childhood

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Amazon isn't ATM featuring a "look inside." But it does say this:
- - - -
In this revelatory, authoritative portrait of Donald J. Trump and the toxic family that made him, Mary L. Trump, a trained clinical psychologist and Donald’s only niece, shines a bright light on the dark history of their family in order to explain how her uncle became the man who now threatens the world’s health, economic security, and social fabric.

Mary Trump spent much of her childhood in her grandparents’ large, imposing house in the heart of Queens, New York, where Donald and his four siblings grew up. She describes a nightmare of traumas, destructive relationships, and a tragic combination of neglect and abuse. She explains how specific events and general family patterns created the damaged man who currently occupies the Oval Office, including the strange and harmful relationship between Fred Trump and his two oldest sons, Fred Jr. and Donald.

A firsthand witness to countless holiday meals and interactions, Mary brings an incisive wit and unexpected humor to sometimes grim, often confounding family events. She recounts in unsparing detail everything from her uncle Donald’s place in the family spotlight and Ivana’s penchant for regifting to her grandmother’s frequent injuries and illnesses and the appalling way Donald, Fred Trump’s favorite son, dismissed and derided him when he began to succumb to Alzheimer’s.

Numerous pundits, armchair psychologists, and journalists have sought to parse Donald J. Trump’s lethal flaws. Mary L. Trump has the education, insight, and intimate familiarity needed to reveal what makes Donald, and the rest of her clan, tick. She alone can recount this fascinating, unnerving saga, not just because of her insider’s perspective but also because she is the only Trump willing to tell the truth about one of the world’s most powerful and dysfunctional families.
This could be a real barn burner so to speak!!

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Simon and Schuster has moved up the publication date to 7/14 from 7/28.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
This has gone back and forth in court. I am hoping it gets released. I doubt much political impact from it. I just want to read it myself because it addresses an area of interest to me: are extreme narcissists and sociopaths born, or are they made? From the article above, Mary Trump seems to be suggesting that Trump's narcissism is a product of both reinforcement and punishment from the family patriarch, who by all account appears to have been an utterly vile person.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Quoted for when Trumpettes try to discredit her.

They're just going to say that her beef with Trump over inheritance means she's lying about everything and we should believe Trump because he is, after all, a paragon of honesty.

Her book isn't really for them, though. It's for people who already know what Donald Trump is, and are interested in finding out why.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Trump cheated on his SAT by paying someone to take it for him, according to Mary Trump's new book
In her tell-all book, the president's niece claims that he paid a proxy to take his SAT for him, according to The New York Times, which obtained a copy of the book.
The book said the score helped him get admitted to the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton business school, according to The Times.

• Wow
Reactions: Pohemi

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Trump cheated on his SAT by paying someone to take it for him, according to Mary Trump's new book
In her tell-all book, the president's niece claims that he paid a proxy to take his SAT for him, according to The New York Times, which obtained a copy of the book.
The book said the score helped him get admitted to the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton business school, according to The Times.
I totally believe that allegation, he's lied and cheated on everything else.

• Love

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Nothing really earth-shattering in this book. Just another grifter making money off the Trump name??

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
LOL of course! Who could have ever guessed it? According to Mary Trump, Trump paid someone to take the SAT for him.

It's amusing that Trump has carped about black people getting the benefit of affirmative action, when he himself was a rich white kid who used his money to get other people to take tests for him. Probably paid people to write his papers too. We all know he never had the attention span to actually crack a book. Such a genius. I mean, he went to "Wharton" right? And paid people to do his work for him haha. But at least now we've solved the mystery of how such an ignorant moron could ever have gotten through school.

• Love

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
LOL of course! Who could have ever guessed it? According to Mary Trump, Trump paid someone to take the SAT for him.

It's amusing that Trump has carped about black people getting the benefit of affirmative action, when he himself was a rich white kid who used his money to get other people to take tests for him. Probably paid people to write his papers too. We all know he never had the attention span to actually crack a book. Such a genius. I mean, he went to "Wharton" right? And paid people to do his work for him haha. But at least now we've solved the mystery of how such an ignorant moron could ever have gotten through school.
It also seems to answer the mystery of why he was so obsessed with Obama’s test scores and grades. I imagine since Trump cheated he figured Obama must have too.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
It also seems to answer the mystery of why he was so obsessed with Obama’s test scores and grades. I imagine since Trump cheated he figured Obama must have too.

Yup, it's called projection, and in this case, also called racism. Trump must have assumed that if he himself had to cheat to get through school, then surely a black man would also have had to do so. Never mind that, unlike Trump, the black man in question is well known to be a voracious reader with a strong work ethic.

Oh, and of course the White House is stringently denying this. How dare someone make such an allegation against such a virtuous and honest person! No, it isn't consistent with 500 other pieces of well known information about Trump. It is, rather, a quite a shock, I tell you. I mean, what about the person of Donald Trump would ever lead someone to believe he might have cheated in school? For shame!

• Haha

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Trump is by now pretty well pegged as the worthless trust enabled low life who bought his way through life with his parent's money.

Not much more I need to know about him except what he's going to do about getting himself reelected, although further exposing him in detail for the totally self-indulging throwback creep he's been his whole life is a nice fat bonus any way you look at it.

Feb 4, 2009
Haha just heard a quote from the book and the simplified version is Niece says “What is he (Donald) good at?”
Aunt says “Well he has had five bankruptcies”

Hahahahaha

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and JEDIYoda

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
News to me, maybe here, I don't know, but I was just talking to my cousin in New York and he said the book reveals that Mr. Donald John Trump paid someone to take his college boards for him. Uh huh.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
News to me, maybe here, I don't know, but I was just talking to my cousin in New York and he said the book reveals that Mr. Donald John Trump paid someone to take his college boards for him. Uh huh.

if by college boards, you mean SAT, then yes.

Reactions: Muse

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
Quoted for when Trumpettes try to discredit her.
Trumpettes don't place a lot of stock in expert opinions though - because, you know, what do "experts" know about anything? It's gut instinct you gotta have!

So I don't think any of her titles is going to help her with those people... :p

Stopsignhank

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2014
When asked about the book the press secretary said it is

“It’s ridiculous, absurd allegations that have absolutely no bearing in truth,” Trump’s press secretary, Kayleigh McEnany, told reporters.

Have yet to see the book, but it is a book of falsehoods.

Empahsis is mine. It does lead to the question, how can you say it is falsehoods when you have not seen the book?

Story link

30 seconds of BS

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Nothing really earth-shattering in this book. Just another grifter making money off the Trump name??
You're going to look really stupid when the wheels come completely off of the trump train wreck. It would be fun to watch, if it was happening in a different country.